Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Hey everyone, I'm Toku, and I'm an alcoholic.

......well not really but whenever i say "hi" and my name/alias, I have to make an AA joke because I'm a geek.

anyway

As the subject header implies (although i did have to look up how to spell approaches because the subject part does not have a spell checker) I'm new to the site ........and  I'm not even 100% sure I'm posting this introduction in the right section of the forums lol.

I recently pitched in some money for a Kickstarter for a "choose your own story" about Hamlet, and ever since than I've been craving to read some interactive stuff while i wait for it to arrive. Needless to say i was overjoyed when i found a website with what appears to be hundreds of them!

I recently made an account here in order to use the save feature on Dead Man Walking (Zombie Survival), but after looking around for a bit, i noticed this seemed to be quite the awesome place (the many choose your own zombie stories definitely helped with that opinion). Hopefully I'll be active in forum posts, and i plan on leaving comments on all of the stories i read.

Within my first two hours of creating my account however, I was brutally gunned down by a notorious Briar_Rose. I suppose it was my own fault for accepting a duel to a gun fight, and only bringing a pair of scissors with me. Now i am doomed to haunt these forums as a ghost for the rest of eternity!

So in conclusion to this introduction post that has basically devolved into me rambling about random things, I need some really cool story suggestions to read. I like zombies, explosions, plot twists, and ponies, so if you know any story that happens to have all 4 of these things, i demand a link right now! (jk jk, a link to a zombie pony story will be just fine)

PS: I'm a super geek, so if you do talk to me, expect high levels of geekitude

PPS: Do these posts not have a size limit or something? I feel like I should have broken it by now O_o

PPPS: Not going to lie, i just wanted to have a third ps.

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Welcome to the site, toku. If there is a size limit, you are FAR from reaching it. Posts on this site can get very lengthy.

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Welcome to the site - why not take a hand at writing a story? Love to see what sort of Zombie Pony Mayhem you can come up with  =)

And Briar_Rose assassinated our king, so watch out for her and trust her even less than Aman's despicable mustache of despicablely mustachyness +5...

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Well I won't have to watch my back anymore since she already brutally murdered me with a gun. Still trying to decide whether to become a ghost and haunt this place or just go good old fashioned zombie

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Mwahahaha! Your puny scissors are no match for me! ... Paper on the other hand can crush guns like a bug. Weird huh? cheeky

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Dang I knew I should have worn my paper bullet proof vest yesterday

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

There is no 1 item that can  defeat rock, scissors and paper.I once thought that gun did and dualed all the online newbies with it.

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Though, since gun defeats both rock and scissors. It is one of the most effective moves you can play against new users. Whether Briar is simply attempting to take the Lucky Dueler Trophy through this tactic is unknown to me. She could be friendly, but she could also be the one who killed the king.

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

or she could be both?

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Oh and to Briar it says here that paper outlaws gun.Not understanding this logic.

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

You know, laws are written on paper. As such, paper (laws) outlaw guns. 

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

What about the other one called paper moons.

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Yeah, blob's right! I could be an extremely friendly mass-assassin! Just because I shoot new members and kill kings doesn't mean I can't be cuddly and loveable as a giant, fluffy care-bear... With a gun. ^_^

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Welcome to the site. :)

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Just from what your wrote here, I know having you here is going to be fun. Welcome.

Also when you get the chance read anything by Endmaster, JJJ_theBanisher or really any of the stories on the Home tab.

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Thinking myself invincible now that I'm a ghost. I accepted your duel and prepared my handy dandy scissors once again to lead me to victory. Imagine my surprise when you summoned the devil. So i was murdered by briar and doomed to hell by cov. -_- way to make a guy feel welcome. XD

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Holy crap, a new member knows how to make those Clicky links. That's not cool. Not cool at all. 

Anyways, welcome to the site!  (and, watch out for BZ. He is crazy.)

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Like me! ^_^

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

You are the sites liar. BZ is crazy, and I have a mustache. I think we all know who wins in that matchup.

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Chuck Norris! cool

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Exactly. 

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Hear Hear!

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

I just copy and pasted an existing hyperlink. I do know HTML code though so it prob isn't that hard XD 

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

We had a gag a couple days ago about my inability to make clickable.

one of the threads can be found:

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/bugs-and-problems/message/8681

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Aman is such a mustache walrus...

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

You and Aman are rather strange sorts of people, aren't you? cheeky

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Mustache?

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Squak!

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Mustache, mustache mustache. Mustache mustache?

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

...... ..2
E=MC

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

C H O (s) <--> C H O (aq)                                                                                                                                                                            12 22 11.        12 22 11

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

SPOON

>.>   ~~~~~~  SPOON

=

SPooN

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

M. S. T. U. ---> M. u. T. S. 

M. u. T. S + SPooN / A.Ch. E = Mustache Spork.

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

GASP!

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Pretty complex stuff,right? It took me 15 years under the mustache teacher named (insert bland name here) to master the mustache compounds and formulas.

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Did you guys just crack the davinci code?

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Welcome friend, stay awhile. Please come and write/read/post/wander.

Also we tend to crack things then cover it with bannana-cream and ekac here.

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

I've decided on ghost. Boo!

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

What does a forum ghost do?

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

The same thing as regular ghosts. Photobomb random people and all together ruining their nice pictures. I may or may not also rattle chains

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

You should fit right in here then  ;)

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

You know....

Lately....

I've begun to think some of our members are....

Well....

Weird....

So good luck.

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

I don't think I could have said it better myself  =)

A New Newbie Approaches

11 years ago

Wouldn't have it any other way