Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Cold Medicine

6 years ago

So my father just told me this from his chat in Wechat.

There was a stingy, cheap guy. He had some cold medicine. One day, he got a cold. He took a bath in cold water, and the other people were like, "Why don't you use your medicine? What the heck are you even doing?" And he replied, "I didn't want to use the cold medicine because it's almost expired, so I'm bathing in cold water."

Now that I read it and think about it, it's not that funny. :/

Cold Medicine

6 years ago

...what?

I guess that guy got the cold shoulder later on.

Pun

Cold Medicine

6 years ago
He gave his cold medicine the cold shoulder.

Cold Medicine Puns

6 years ago

Chilling behavior of him, truly.

Cold Medicine Puns

6 years ago
That was a shitty pun. The other thing was not even a pun. The man didn't ever get "the cold shoulder" from anything or anyone and it wasn't implied either. There was no play on words/phrase at all. Did I miss your "hey guys I'm mentally handicapped" post? I think I missed that thread because it seems to me that you don't know how common phrases and puns work at all.

Edit:: The definition of a pun.

Cold Medicine Puns

6 years ago

Lol. Bitch, you should know by now that my puns are not MEANT to be good. That's what makes me the punlord, my incredibly bad and cringy puns. If you can't pay attention to what the fuck you're talking about then don't post. Peasant.

Cold Medicine Puns

6 years ago
but they aren't bad puns. they aren't puns at all is what I'm saying. You are literally just posting shit and saying it's a terrible pun but it's not even that. If they were bad puns it'd be alright but for now it just makes you legit look retarded and like you don't know how to form sentences.

Drawing upon a single word and then using that word in a different context and calling it a pun is simply lying. It's not a pun. They have rarely ever been puns. They aren't bad or terrible or shitty puns they aren't anything at all they're just incoherent messages that mean nothing and say nothing.

Make bad puns. All day if you want. But make sure they're actually puns and not just retarded drivel.

Cold Medicine Puns

6 years ago

Sheesh, you try to pass off one non-pun as a pun and haters pop up like roaches.

Cold Medicine Puns

6 years ago
But it's not just one non-pun all of your "puns" aren't puns.

Cold Medicine Puns

6 years ago

True but that was the only "pun" that was a non pun that i've told.

Cold Medicine

6 years ago

Ha. The point was that the medicine was almost expired. Typically, when something is almost expired, you want to use it up quickly. However, this guy was cheap and didn't want to use it even though it was almost expired.

Cold Medicine

6 years ago

Is it depressing that I know people who would pull this in real life?

Cold Medicine

6 years ago

So not only is this is a shit joke, it's not even that he didn't want to use the cold medicine because it's almost expired, it's that he didn't want to use the cold medicine because he's cheap, you inbred fuckwit.

Cold Medicine

6 years ago

It was funny when I first saw it, meanie. >:( I'm horrible with relating jokes, so I apologize for any offense I've caused.

Cold Medicine

6 years ago

Yeah, I suppose you're just super unfunny and don't understand humor.

Cold Medicine

6 years ago
Maybe I'm just blind, but I can't see what's funny here. Could someone inlighten me?

Cold Medicine

6 years ago

Ah, I see what you did there. 

Something about medicine. 

Cold Medicine

6 years ago

He thinks that the cold medicine works because it's cold medicine, in the physical sense. So he figures taking a cold bath would work the same as the medicine, because it is literally cold. Or it could be interpretted the other way around, and he's taking a cold bath for his cold, figuring it's called a cold bath for the same reason that it's called cold medicine. (I.E. that it is a bath made for colds.)

Either way, the joke is that the miser is cheap and decides to save money because he assumes it'll have a similar cold-alleviating effect to the medicine because they both have 'cold' as a descriptor, which can be taken to mean different things. HAHA, English!

Cold Medicine

6 years ago
Haha, synonyms! So new, so funny! We totally didn't learn about that in 4th grade.

Cold Medicine

6 years ago

My mother used to make me and my sister drink medicine when we were younger. Then she'd tell us to say that it tasted good. It never did. To this day, I cannot tolerate the taste of anything grape flavored.