Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Dihydrogen Monoxide - should it be banned?

6 years ago

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.
The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation."

Read more here - ya know, the place I copy/pasted this section from. 

Anyway, thoughts? Opinions? Just how outraged are you that this substance has not been banned yet? 

6 years ago

Well, on the plus side it's contributing to decreasing the population.

6 years ago
I long for the sweet embrace of death. Someone hand me a belt.

6 years ago
fucked up if true

6 years ago

I've heard that they have these huge bodies of it that can kill you just by going near it

6 years ago

My friend died due to dihydrogen monoxide inhalation when I was 12. Ban it now.

6 years ago

Dihydrogen Monoxide is definitely bad, but you can build up a tolerance. I've been cooking noodles in it and then filtering the majority of it out for years. Consuming only trace amounts through spaghetti, my enzymes have learned to break it down completely. When restaurants attempt to sneak solid DHMO into my drinks, it doesn't even have any noticable effects. In fact, I've been in pools full of the stuff and outlived the fish who took it in. (If you haven't seen the study, the cocktail of DMHO and various other "filtration" chemicals in publically available DHMO, it basically cooks fish from the inside, but my kidneys are more or less made of iron at this point.) Not everyone has the proteins or the opportunity to be able to control their intake, but it's certainly less lethal than the activists portray it, if you have the discipline.

6 years ago
This is bullshit. You don't even eat spaghetti or you wouldn't weigh in like a Holocaust victim.

Anyway I hope you're joking but that shit might be in all your cells by this point if you're experimenting around with it at all.

6 years ago

Okay, yeah, I didn't actually have the balls to try it, but you'd be surprised. There are Buddhist Monks somewhere in Tibet who allegedly drink it all the time and stand under huge half-frozen chutes of it as part of their body-hardening process. It's pervaded their entire body but they still lived to incredibly old ages and were sharp as a tack. Their bodies just didn't seem to give a shit about it. Probably fucks with them on some level, but not as much as the addicts who'll jump in the bigger deposits just to inhale it.

6 years ago
Seriously though I read this was one of the things Houston was having trouble with after Harvey. Seems like it's a lot more dangerous and widespread than I thought, though.

6 years ago

Yeah, when it's not properly contained DHMO is the worst. They've been having trouble with that since even biblical times. I hear they use it in riot control these days.

6 years ago
Interesting. Seems like they'd end up killing somebody if they tried to taser them or whatever after a faceful of DMHO. That stuff is rough enough on the system without the help.

Weirdly it's supposed to be available pretty freely in prisons, in various forms. Criminals should just NOT have access to or receive any at all IMO, especially the violent ones.

It just baffles me that with all the information out there on how dangerous it is it's not illegal yet. You can buy this shit over the counter, even.

I guess someone's making a fortune off those little bottles, but it's just unethical and stupid.

6 years ago

Honestly I'm not surprised it can be used in prisons. I mean, honestly, if they allow you to have cigarettes, hangy lengths of clothing, or booze, they should allow you to "shorten your sentence" with DHMO. I mean, it's not like they give the guys the equipment to handle it properly. At worst it'll lead to a phenomenon similar to that time in prison history when everyone started eating loads of cigarettes in order to go into shock as part of an escape attempt.

Actually, shit. Nevermind... Turns out you actually need to soak the cigs in DHMO and drink it in order to even do the Cigarette trick. Ah well, more Darwin awards I suppose.

6 years ago

Oh, come on. This entire thing is a bunch of malarkey.

Dihydrogen Monoxide is perfectly safe to handle, even ingest, if you're not a fool about it. You certainly won't die from it if you know what you're doing.

It's completely safe for the environment as well. In fact, it actually promotes growth in plant and animal life.

All this is just some hoax to incite fear in the population. Don't fall for it.

6 years ago

Oh come on, people can just heat it up on a stove and cause it to sterilize surfaces. If you put that shit in your system it'll probably wipe out your digestive bacteria. And shit, since when was imbibing plant fertilizer ever a good thing? People start protests about that to this day!

6 years ago
I know it's important to sound tough for the internet dear but when it comes to something like this it's legit unethical to spread misinformation.

Sprinkle a little of this stuff on a piece of iron and leave it a few days and it corrodes the shit out of it. Now what do you think it'll do to the inside of your stomach?

6 years ago

Iron!? Have you even seen what this stuff does to Sodium? Or Chlorine for that matter! That's torture equipment in some regimes.

6 years ago

It may not have much else, but when it comes to Organics, DHMO is literally the best. I mean, some places have health regimens surrounding this thing.

The only way for DHMO to hurt or even kill someone is if they're a big dummy and misuse or improperly handle it.

6 years ago

Yeah, and people also thought fucking RADIUM was healthy and organic back in the day. Are you gonna tell me, after all the damage DHMO has done and can do to the human race, that this whole "health craze" surrounding it isn't complete bullshit? Because last time I checked Radium and DHMO have led to extreme poisoning and cancer of the everything.

6 years ago

Man, RELIGIONS use this stuff. You're telling me DHMO ain't good when most religions around the world use it for god stuff?

6 years ago
Don't get Sent babbling about Tibetan monks again. Last night I read it was possible for DHMO to fuck with sodium levels and cause hallucinations in some rare cases, while still being 'natural' and legal, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was used in rituals or whatever. But there are religions that use mushrooms or poisonous fucking snakes so I'm not sure this is the winning argument you think it is.

6 years ago
Lol! I drink it every day and I haven't died yet. Want to be like me? Just become blind. Humans are weak!

6 years ago

Oh snap, I've been on dhmn for years. I'm gonna die. It's all I ever drink. :(

6 years ago

It would appear that the government and the Dihydrogen Monoxide industry have been engaged in a conspiracy dating untold years. The human body is so cripplingly addicted to DHMO that a lack of ingestion can begin death in days and not only has the government not taken action, they have promoted its distribution. We need to raise awareness of this chemical dependency so that we can properly combat it. Public information is the first step. We can't just ban distribution of DHMO lest we risk a mafia style black market that will bring blood into the streets. Adding to the danger of this chemical is how widely available it is from "natural sources". Restaurants even give this compound for free by law! We can't hope to combat its influence when even children are not only exposed to it but readily given it for consumption. I'm so glad there are others who have realized the menace that Dihydrogen Monoxide poses to all of humanity.