Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Place to say hi. (i'm bored) ^_^

3 years ago

Just say hi or talk about anything on your mind....  :-)

3 years ago

This is kind of what the Newbie Central is for. ^_^

3 years ago

Hi, Avery.  Here's what's on my mind.  I like Siggi's yogurt, particularly the vanilla flavor.  It's so creamy and not sweet.  I love it.  On the other hand, I like Clif bars, and they are super sweet.  I'm kind of complicated that way. 

I imagine across the Atlantic there are more interesting and unheard of varieties of yoghurt and enhergy bahrs.

3 years ago

Hi Gower. I was just assuming that those were American things that we didn't have in the U.K. Good to know that nobody else has any idea what the fuck you're talking about either. Unfortunately, I can not elaborate on the subject as I am not a massive consumer of either yogurts or energy bars.

Here's what's on my mind... What would happen if somebody hired two private investigators to follow each other? ^_^

3 years ago

I think they would probably figure it out really fast and then agree to extend the following-each-other for a really long time, which would end up costing you a lot of money.

Then they would go out to a fancy dinner to celebrate taking you for so much money, and then they would fall in love.  That's my best guess.

3 years ago
But what if one of them was really, really good and one of them was really, really bad? Would the good one figure it out and let the bad one know? Would they become friends and eventually start a sitcom called "Baldy and the Idiot?" Or would fate step in and conspire against the good one so that he would never figure it out, but the bad one would? And then would the bad one finally reveal it to the good one, showing off in a way that ultimately leads the good one to question all his decisions in life and head off to Tibet to spend the rest of his days searching for The Holy Red Llama? Or would a serious of unfortunate events occur, leading neither to find out about the other, but both to report back to the person who hired them great detailed events including twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explainin' what each one was?

3 years ago
When are you going to write this game?

3 years ago
Ah, but then what if the first two private investigators, Mickey and Slane, found out that they were hired to follow one another and then each of them hired a second investigor to follow the person who hired them to follow each other? Mickey might hire Tom and Slane could hire Joar. Now you have Tom and Joar trying to follow the initial person (Avery) without being spotted while Mickey and Slane are watching Tom and Joar. And then there's the chance that Tom and Joar might spot one another trying to follow Avery. So then the questions become: do Mickey and Slane try to stop Tom and Joar from finding out about one another? Can Mickey explain Joar's presence to Tom when Joar keeps showing up in the reports about Avery to Mickey? Will Slane be able to stop Joar from doing further investigation into why he keeps seeing Tom following Avery? Will Mickey and Slane fall in love? Will there be a love triangle involving Joar, Avery, and the mystery guest?

3 years ago

Isn't that kinda like the first ten minutes of spy kids?

3 years ago
I... I... I don't know...

3 years ago

Hi Avery! It'd be cheaper to hire a couple of homeless people to do that. I once had a dog that would spend hours chasing his own tail, so you could probably save even more money by hiring just one for the task.

Now, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be funnier to hire a wino and giving them the money up front?

3 years ago

But if you gave them the money up front, what motivation do they have to actually do the job? :p

3 years ago

You're right. Drunk winos are probably less than trustworthy.

3 years ago
Avery hung up the phone and set it down. She looked out the small window of her flat at the sun setting behind the buildings of downtown. She tried to suppress a giggle, but she failed. A wide smile filled her face as she thought about the silliness she had set in motion. Seriously, who would ever hire two private investigators to follow one another? *** Mickey set down his phone and stared at it. He shook his head and sighed. Times were tough, but this just wasn’t making any sense. When he first got the call, he was excited for the business. Of course, most of his calls were dead-ends, but every time the phone rang, he hoped it would lead to a case and, of course, to getting paid for a case. It sounded like a simple case of a potential cheating husband as the voice on the other end of the line explained what she needed. But when she named the target, Mikey knew something was up. Slane was a new guy in town. He was also new at the private detective business, Mickey was sure. But still, Mickey knew the name because he saw when Slane’s application for a license was approved just a few weeks back. It was a big town, but Mickey felt the need to keep an eye on the competition. But when Mickey asked the woman – he looked down at his notepad to see her name, “Avery,” – why she wanted Slane followed, she suddenly became evasive. Something was up, but Mickey didn’t know what. Why would some random woman hire him to follow another private dick? He was suspicious and that’s why when she asked about rates he quoted her double the usual rate. Somehow, he wasn’t all that surprised when she accepted without an issue. Either this skirt was loaded or there was yet another angle he didn’t know about yet. He rolled his chair back as he made his way to his feet: he was going to find out what this chippy was up to and how he was supposed to be involved. *** Slane sat on the stoop, watching the foot traffic make their way towards their homes. He nodded his head, he knew he had some easy money coming soon. He wasn’t in limbo any more, he was out and had a mark. Following the cheating husband was always easy. He pondered just talking to the bloke and hitting him up for some money so he’d make some scratch on both sides of the deal. He leaned back against the steps and wondered when he should get moving. All he had right now was a name, but he was sure he could find more when he was ready. He thought it was a little odd the rag on the phone didn’t give him an address, but if he followed the wrong “Mickey Hammer,” that was going to be her problem, not his. Heck, if he got lucky, maybe he’d get some good snaps of this trimmer that he could sell on the side to some site that paid for such things. He stood up and nodded to himself, thinking for sure this was going to be some easy money. *** Avery walked over to the window and looked outside. She could see a few cars two floors below, probably filled with people heading home or maybe to work. She wondered what it would be like to have a regular job where you went in at the same time and left work at the same time every day. It did not sound like fun, but there were so many people that did that all the time, it was kind of depressing. Before she could get too sad, she turned on a speaker and dialed up some upbeat music. She was smiling again and had completely forgotten about making the phone calls earlier…

3 years ago

... I am happy. ^_^

3 years ago
^It's like Gower can read minds or something!

3 years ago

Hi, Avery! Here's what's on my mind:

Saw it, now I can't stop thinking about it! 

3 years ago

It's like a little fluffy snowball. ^_^

3 years ago
e g

3 years ago
Ooh, Baby Seal - somebody hurry and club it, before it gets away!

3 years ago
@Jdawg Just a word of advice, I'd cool it on making random new threads for a bit after this. (Or bumping anymore old ones, unless you have something significant to contribute). Let's just say it's unsafe around here to give the impression you're one of those kids who talks all the time but has nothing to say...

You are welcome to ask writing questions on the appropriate boards however. There's also plenty of storygames to read and rate of course.