Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Reformatting My Last Story-game

3 years ago

Tomorrow (October 17th) I will be unpublishing "Aphrodite's Orphan" so I can correct some formatting issues. I will not change the overall text because that is consistent with my intent as a writer. But I have noticed there are places were the proper paragraph indentations are missing (mostly due to transfering the text to an oline wordpad for the spellcheck option) so I will be correcting that. Sorry to anyone who has any saved games, but I just want this work to be a little more pristine.

As to when I will publish a new story-game... I really don't know. I don't have internet access on my home computer and usually have relied on my friend's laptop which I use when I'm at work watching his mom. (I'm a caregiver) I used to also use the internet computers at the San Antonio College Library, but that's been a non-option since March when Covid shut everything down. It's kind of hard to do this sort of thing when you're on the wrong side of the Digital Divide so my efforts on this site have always been by hook or by crook.

The story-game should probably be back up in a day or so.

I hope everybody's doing well and staying safe from the virus.

3 years ago

No problem, you've already produced more work here than some of these lazy bastards that have hung around for more than a decade.

3 years ago

Like me! ^_^

3 years ago
Like me! ^~^

3 years ago

Okay, I've pretty much finished my attempts at editing "Aphrodite's Orphan" and so it's back up to be savaged by the critics. I'm rather quite proud of it myself and I'm glad so many of you have given it a shot. It should be noted that the best way to appreciate this piece is to keep re-reading it till you've gone through all the branches. Otherwise, you won't get the full picture.