Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Cilicni's story

3 years ago
http://chooseyourstory.com/story/vincha

This one was also very good and even nearly won Endmaster's vote (the only vote that mattered, and also literally the only vote) in the Dark Fantasy contest!

It's just four ratings away from a ranking, so let's get him those quickly. @Celicni doesn't whore for attention like certain others so this has already taken longer than it should.

Cilicni's story

3 years ago
I shall.

Cilicni's story

3 years ago
Commended by mizal on 3/31/2021 10:31:33 PM
It is done.

Cilicni's story

3 years ago
Good child.

Cilicni's story

3 years ago
Thank you :)

Cilicni's story

3 years ago
I have rated the story. Hopefully that helped.

Cilicni's story

3 years ago
Done. Fun read.

Cilicni's story

3 years ago
I can see why Vincha took second place. It was close in quality. I didn't read it thoroughly enough to offer a review yet, but I might get around to it later.

I think between all of us it surely has enough now. It said 49 ratings before I played it...and also after.

Cilicni's story

3 years ago

Thank you Mizal, and everybody else! I hope you all liked it! :)

Cilicni's story

3 years ago
Oh yeah I really liked it. I love dark fantasy stuff and you did a great job.

Cilicni's story

3 years ago

Dahh, I got edit locked :(

Anyway, I've asked a few people about certain spelling/grammatical issues and they've been helpful, especially @WizzyCat . If I was to unpublish the game real quick to fix them, I'm going to assume that the ratings will stay, but I'm just asking for a confirmation here, with the new changes to the site, better safe than sorry!

Cilicni's story

3 years ago

For some reason this didn't tag me, but I'm 90% certain that unpublishing and republishing will keep all the comments and stuff. If someone else could confirm this, that would be great.

Cilicni's story

3 years ago

Keeps the commments and the ratings.

It "resets" the "times played/finished" stat but nobody cares about that and I believe just resetting to the original publish date can even take care of that.

Cilicni's story

3 years ago
It removes any existing saves and forgets the original publish date in favor of the new one.

In the case of taking down and then republishing a game from a previous year, it might fuck up the overall rankings? @Killa_Robot or @Nightwatch would have to confirm that, but I imagine fixing it is low priority. A lot of the numbers involved with games and numbers of plays and ratings could be displayed more clearly really, it's an irritation for us mega-autists but probably no one else cares.

Also, if you edit in a tag to an existing post, it won't notify the person.