Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

I Need A New Story

7 years ago

I wanted to make a new story, but so far I'm drawing a blank page. Any ideas?

(I would like something to do with wolves or dragons.)

I Need A New Story

7 years ago
A wolf wakes up to find they transformed into a dragon.

I Need A New Story

7 years ago

Well, that's just perfect. See what I can make with it. Lol

I Need A New Story

7 years ago

Wolf suffers an identity crisis, but decides to be a better man (wolf) and as the protagonist, perseveres and emerges with more determination than ever. They jump off a cliff, but because they're a wolf and not a dragon, the law of gravity leads to a grisly death. Moral of the story: no matter how much you wish it, sometimes you can only be a wolf.

I Need A New Story

6 years ago

great moral, 10/10, would jump off of a cliff again

I Need A New Story

6 years ago

A werewolf that's half dragon, half wolf. While normally transforming is great and you become a badass, here it'd actually be awful as you'd become a far smaller, weaker creature that can't fly, and you'd have to struggle to survive after all the enemies you've made.

I Need A New Story

6 years ago
No one is going to read that story, Killa. On the other hand, a dragon wakes up to find out they transformed into a wolf, now that's just gold, right there. In fact, no one take that, I'm totally going to write that one!

I Need A New Story

6 years ago
That's also an astoundingly shitty idea but at least it involves a sapient character with some kind of agency now, as opposed to the other way around where the wolf-turned-dragon just does wolf things like eating and pooping and not understanding the concept of flight.

I Need A New Story

7 years ago

Figure it out yourself. If you're already relying on people to write your game for you, it's not going to be worth reading. 

I Need A New Story

7 years ago

This section of the board is for feedback or advice on your work. So you have to actually, you know, do some work, before anyone can help you. We're not going to tell you what to write, or write it for you.

You're lucky I'm so tired right now or I might've had a lot more to say...

I Need A New Story

7 years ago

Maybe make something about a dog that doesn't know that it's a dog. 

I Need A New Story

6 years ago

Technically Watwat necroed this, not me, so i'll just give this beautiful plot eleven months late.

Wolf with abusive owner runs away from home and meets dragon in convenient mountain cave. Dragon and wolf become best friends. Or maybe dragon eats dog and kills citizens idk.

I Need A New Story

6 years ago
'becoming friends' is not a plot, it's shit and so are you for thinking of it. Also, don't encourage the strays to write about wolves.

I Need A New Story

6 years ago

At least it's not cats :p

I Need A New Story

6 years ago

How about something about growth? I don't know... off the top of my head I'd suggest a fox cub? Then maybe it could grow into an adult fox or something and roam about, living in solitude. You could also add some graphic scenes and stuff that might make the player uncomfortable in there too, and you'd do well to research foxes while you're at it.
EDIT: Oh, wow! You really took to that idea huh? I'm claiming 50% of the profit this inevitably makes when it blows up.

I Need A New Story

6 years ago
I loled.

Actually, had a look at what's there and the writing's surprisingly decent. Though so far it's got the usual problem with animal games where nothing at all happens, and at this point the only choices are fake ones.

I Need A New Story

6 years ago

How did you look? I thought you could only see what's on the sneak peak if they choose to have that on??

I Need A New Story

6 years ago
They do have sneak peek on. That's how you see the title and description. If sneak peek is on you just use the title in the URL to view the story.