Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Ideas

4 years ago

I was wondering if anyone had some story ideas. Any genre anything. Poems or titles of future stories. Character names and backgrounds. Literally ANYTHING! I would appreciate if you shared your ideas:)

Ideas

4 years ago

Ragnar Sellsword, mighty Viking warrior from the Orkney Island (so named for the orks that infest it) goes undercover as a glamorous and dashing swashbuckler with a mostly-unbuttoned shirt.  His cover name is Bing Chincleft, and he is currently lounging on a sunny beach in Jamaica sipping a tropical beverage with a wedge of pineapple in it, and attempting to win the heart of sassy pirate Augusta Brassbuttons. 

However, what he doesn't realize is that she is actually an steampunk-esque genius codenamed "Professor Swaggers" (and one-quarter ork) and is after the Heart of Orkney, the gem that protects the Orkney Islands.  She needs this to power the Imperturbable Device to fight Captain Wunderbar, the nazi superhero.

But what she doesn't realize is that the Heart of Orkney is the only thing keeping the Rift from opening and horrific multidimensional tentacled creatures from the Plains of Leng from invading and devouring this world.

Ideas

4 years ago
Wow! Very intense and exciting. I'm hanging on the edge of my seat

Ideas

4 years ago

Complex characters with hidden motives, choices with unintended consequences, sword-fighting, espionage, adventure, secrets and lies, dering-do, eldritch horrors, nazis, and unrequired love - truly, an epic that will endure through the ages!

Ideas

4 years ago
You had me at, "mostly-unbuttoned shirt."

Ideas

4 years ago

Into the Cave of Undwelling, where no man or beast can survive, a shard of the moon has fallen.

When a white-haired maiden emerges from the cave, the nearby kingdom of Solace is faced with their darkest prophecy: that the sky itself will one day bring a judgement of fire and plague on the Earth. But one of the knights sent to kill her is torn by the order, and the choices he makes will help shape the fate of a world.

Ideas

4 years ago

To shape the fate of the world! Woah. That’s a lot of pressure!

Ideas

4 years ago

Carylixih, a young succubus who doesn't exactly fit her race, is accidentally summoned into the modern world by a human, and eventually becomes friends with him. With no way back and her only knowledge of the human world coming from stories told by old demons and rumors, she has to find her way in New York City.

No one knows about the demons already living there, but they're plotting something that could threaten humanity as a whole. She has to decide which side to take.

Ideas

4 years ago

Ooooooo! What side shall she take! Very intriguing 

Ideas

4 years ago
A noob reads all EndMaster's stories and rates them eights. Because it has good taste.

Ideas

4 years ago
I'm going to ruin the meme train here and just say that if you aren't able to come up with your own ideas, you very likely can't write a passable story about someone else's either.

Storygames can take weeks/months of work, I would recommend an idea of your own for a story you really want to tell, because that's the only thing that will hold your interest enough to see it through.

Ideas

4 years ago

Are you talking to me? That I can’t writw it someone else. And I’m not trying to cause an argument. I was just wondering. I started this Idea conversation to just talk about ideas and stories and suggestions people would want to read and play with. That’s all

Ideas

4 years ago
Yes, she's talking to you.

Ideas

4 years ago

Ok. Well that’s good to know. Thanks for telling me

Ideas

4 years ago
>That I can’t writw it someone else.

Whoa buddy that's rough. But I think we all can relate. *nods sagely*

Ideas

4 years ago

I know I can.  *flexes marauderly*

Ideas

4 years ago

Whatcha need em for? I got a bunch of ideas, just let me know what kind of thing you need.