A Day in Hell

Player Rating5.30/8

"#104 overall, #6 for 2001"
based on 612 ratings since 09/10/2009
played 6,900 times (finished 539)

"trek through the forest"

"Not going to lose any sleep"

"anything goes"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 18. If this were a movie, it would probably be R.

This story revolves around Matt, a man living under the yoke of his female roommate.

[EDIT: 2014: I wrote this story to test the functionality of the basic editor, way back when I first joined in 2003. So take it for what it is. My humor runs toward the dark and the black, so you may not find it as amusing as I. At the time, I had been in my late 20's, living with the most irritating person in the entire world. So, so, so irritating. This story was a way for me to sublimate my understandable urges to kill her into a socially acceptable outlet. The parts of the story which are true include her complaining that the smell of bacon and the sight of grease was the same as "boiling animal fat and toxic fumes," all the while attempting to make subtle advances and holding the fact that she was my landlord over my head. The situation ended badly, but not as badly as in the story.

Enjoy.]

I'd suggest killing anyone that annoys you, but do what you have to. You will only be able to leave comments if you reach one of the endings. I had to do this, as many people with IQs less than 90 were giving this story 1's. Thanks!

v 1.0 Published story, 2003.

v 2.0 Updated some things, fixed a broken link, added a bit of content, probably created discrepancies.

Hahah. So remember, guys, this was written just to test the engine when this site was in its infancy in 2003. This is terrible. Hilarious, though. I had to make it mess you up with "wrong" choices because of all the immediate deaths and subsequent rating nonsense. So finish it or shut the F up foo.
-- madglee on 7/29/2016 1:38:57 AM with a score of 0
I love this game. It has a wonderful amount of crazy ideas, and it shows that our dreams of killing those that piss us off never ends well. 8/8, I was enjoying every moment of the game.
-- Aman on 12/16/2012 5:34:51 PM with a score of 0
You're the best writer of these choose-your-own stories I've read, so far; I thought "mommy..." was better than this one, rather grittier, though I haven't explored this one much so far. Feel almost inspired to try one of my own.
-- Russell on 9/10/2011 6:34:49 AM with a score of 0
It's fine. It is not that bad, but I think that it is pretty dumb that you have the option to drink alcohol... Because I'm a kid, and yea, I don't like alcohol. (Luckily)
-- Agnes Dall on 3/21/2017 3:42:22 AM with a score of 0
I like the fact that you had to worry not about how to kill her, but how to dispose of her. So inspiring...

The choices, even though they all end up with me either imprisoned or killed, are nicely done and I was entertained enough to spend every cent on it.

6/8.
-- AgentX on 2/12/2017 1:14:46 AM with a score of 0
greeeeeeat
-- kain1 on 10/3/2016 10:05:03 AM with a score of 0
Too short.
-- stevejobstick on 9/27/2016 8:11:38 AM with a score of 0
I don't like it when stories make you restart for the wrong decision. Change that and you get a better rating. 3/8
-- omgitschowhall on 7/1/2016 5:26:09 PM with a score of 0
Well..er..She left with a friend? Man I got arrested, and sent to prison. Two years later I end up being interviewed by Chris Hansen for committing the crime, and by then I have a beard, thinning hair, and keep denying the murder like a moron. The Roomie Murders airs on Investigation Discovery channel on a Saturday night, and is about people who killed their roommate.
-- crusader on 6/25/2016 3:27:17 PM with a score of 0
Ahahaha thank you for giving me so many chances. I feared I was never going to win.
-- Sinful_Gini on 4/22/2016 5:27:48 PM with a score of 0