Player Comments on The Land of Bad Writing

Well constructed sentences making fun of other writers in an attempt to educate! I'm not sure what to say. You accomplish your goal but it wasn't my cup of tea. Maybe if some of the examples of bad writing were longer you'd be able to get the point across better. Most were a good length but there were a few that was like... "what's he trying to say here?" oh well, all in all you do show of your grasp of the English language well.
-- BigRonn77 on 9/27/2016 12:09:44 PM with a score of 0
It was good.

There was too much reading though.

My favourite part was when you suddenly fall asleep and enter this world called the land of bad writing where you get to go through doors listed as different things like: Authors Fantasies, bad writing, characters, plot, and special features. And then in each of those doors there were four more doors on different subjects according to which door you chose. Oh yeah and WARNING SPOILER ABOVE.

This didn't have any warrior cats in it! ?? 1/8.

brjejeidiejeidj (+1 Exp point awarded to "needywriter0025")

Suddenly you wake up from the land of bad comments and discover a comment from a person who had a lot of fun reading this story, and thinks that it is a great guide to new writers and has even learnt a thing or two himself about character. Therefore rating the game 6/8.

-- SonicTurboTurtle on 9/10/2015 11:32:35 PM with a score of 0
Hahaha!

This is great. This is a bit old so you might not even care about this review, but I don't know why the ratings aren't higher! The only real problem is the punctuation. You can't end a sentence like "example" you need to end it with a comma, period, or... - I don't know the name of it exactly.

Good points, but I wish you would have added some real capitalization.
-- BgirlStories on 5/25/2019 8:50:16 AM with a score of 0
(Sorry if I've left a review before, I have bad memory)

I cannot say this enough. THANK YOU for showing people how to actually write well. I despise poor grammar, and if a story has really terrible grammar, I will not even bother to read it (I'm sorry if this sounds snotty or hypocritical).

Anyway, this was a very good way to teach people what good and bad writing is. I give it a 6/8, because nothing is better than Reese's cups.
-- abchiaramonte on 12/2/2018 4:56:13 PM with a score of 0
This is a good way to teach how to write well. It's accurate and well written, and I like the format it's presented in. Nice job. 6/8
-- abchi on 11/15/2018 8:28:01 AM with a score of 0
The author has managed to include most every form of bad writing possible, and deserves commendation. I cannot imagine how much pain one would go through to write so badly.
It would have been better if there were more types of endings, or a story with all the types of bad writing.
Overall, very fun!
-- katgirl22 on 4/30/2018 3:23:28 AM with a score of 0
Wow, you even included Mary Sues here!
-- Shinsou_Hitoshi on 10/17/2017 7:39:08 PM with a score of 0
It does er- a good bad job of showcasing common traits of bad writing. I guess the irony is it highlights faults by merely existing.

Coming from a readers point of view. I believe it could have done a better job of defining bad writing traits. At times I couldn't fully understand the problem it tried to address which leaves room for misinterpretation.

To simply force home the agony of reading a story with horrible grammar and slightly incoherent lessons it does a good job. I certainly feel like I was in The Land of Bad Writing.
-- Astros on 3/28/2017 8:21:47 PM with a score of 0
I've lost it at the "Disrespect your Elders" part! x'D
Pure crack with a valuable lesson.
-- Nessynator on 3/13/2017 11:39:06 PM with a score of 0
Don't expect a standard storyline. Interesting and funny take. :). Wait - does the author not like smiley faces?
-- Quorrah on 1/11/2017 11:39:19 PM with a score of 0
Funny truth. Sadly the short stories are all to true.
-- Drew8521 on 1/3/2017 6:22:22 PM with a score of 0
CRINGE!
That's the last time I take grammar for granted. Only a truly horrendous writer could read this without pain. This is mad, but it's great.
(Also, 3/8 for a game with SEXUAL INTERCOURSE in it? Seems legit.)
-- illloginlater on 11/2/2016 7:38:04 PM with a score of 0
10/10 would not understand anything again
-- Deadly Lion on 6/22/2016 7:08:23 PM with a score of 0
Uh, what is this? it seems like just examples of bad writing, kinda funny I guesss.
-- Shinobi on 6/14/2016 3:45:12 PM with a score of 0
Why bother?
-- Hop on 6/9/2016 2:04:32 AM with a score of 0
Meh
-- Shadow_Strider on 4/3/2016 11:34:12 PM with a score of 0
Hmm.....I don't know what to say Will. Either you've done it again or this is.....just weird now.

I loved the grammar as usual, but.....just......the plot.........

6/8
-- MasonJarGuzzi on 3/21/2016 9:02:30 PM with a score of 0
interesting concept---hilarious examples!
-- LilacRain on 3/8/2016 8:23:04 PM with a score of 0
This made me very happy.
-- Bucky on 1/16/2016 12:07:35 PM with a score of 0
Rather funny!
-- AllThatIsGold on 1/10/2016 4:42:40 PM with a score of 0
Honestly, it was fantastic. All new writers should delve into this terrifying land.
-- Steve24833 on 12/30/2015 5:03:38 PM with a score of 0
Thank you for being so insulting to bad writers(I'm serious!).
-- jason1stlegion on 12/9/2015 9:54:05 AM with a score of 0
what did i play?
-- robinsoul on 9/1/2015 10:28:07 PM with a score of 0
Unfortunately, this is pretty accurate. :)
-- GMB13carat on 7/10/2015 6:50:53 PM with a score of 0
Gotta say: This was certainly an amusing way to educate fellow writers on how *not* to write. Seems like you had fun with this one. Good effort!
-- Mitchekie on 7/5/2015 6:31:15 PM with a score of 0
cool
-- corgi213 on 5/10/2015 11:40:23 PM with a score of 0
This was quite entertaining. It's great someone did something like this so good job Wil11, I think everyone can learn a little something from this :)
-- SkyTenshi on 3/1/2015 7:20:41 PM with a score of 0
Genuinely made me LOL. ^_^
-- Briar_Rose on 2/8/2015 2:48:03 PM with a score of 0
This made me so very very happy. It's message soared gracefully over the green fields of my mind exactly like a bowling ball wouldn't.
-- FeanorOnForge on 1/16/2015 2:13:16 PM with a score of 0
This is the worst storygame ever. 10/10 Top LeL. Random French why?
-- akosandavaros on 1/12/2015 6:34:38 PM with a score of 0
I love how you showed the horrible writing examples. I enjoyed laughing at them. I've seen some stories that are like that. It was very educational for me, and I am being sincere.
-- bluejay14 on 1/11/2015 4:01:13 PM with a score of 0
Fantastic
-- Aman on 1/10/2015 9:46:00 PM with a score of 0
Fantastic. I absolutely loved it.
-- Sethaniel on 1/10/2015 8:15:31 PM with a score of 0
Haha thanks Anonymous for pointing out the problem with the apostrophes, that was a genuine mistake because for some reason whenever I use an apostrophe in the title or as a link it appears as random squiggly stuff. I won't un-publish it to correct it because it adds to the deliberate badness of the writing but I'll bear it in mind in my other story games, thank you everyone else for the mostly positive feedback :)
-- Will11 on 12/27/2014 9:08:38 AM with a score of 0
Anonymous, I think that Will did that on purpose to make a joke.
-- TheDickReviewer on 12/27/2014 1:25:59 AM with a score of 0
• This room’s writing is so terrible you immediately flee back to the Author’s Fantasies.

This is the link that appeared on the "Extremist Views" page. The apostrophes do not appear to have...rendered...correctly. it may interest you to unpublish the game and look into that. You may need to replace the apostrophes with &#39 .
-- Anonymous on 12/26/2014 11:31:58 PM with a score of 0
Very entertaining and hilarious. I really like the door labeled BAD WRITING. 8/8 keep writing
-- bburger on 12/25/2014 4:01:26 PM with a score of 0
Great story Will! While some might not understand it because of their lack of intelligence or they're just giving a troll rating. Honestly, we could all learn something from this story. 6/8
-- TheDickReviewer on 12/25/2014 3:17:45 PM with a score of 0
The furfucks could learn a thing or two from this story. :)
-- Malkalack on 12/25/2014 1:22:56 PM with a score of 0
Don't worry it's just effectively a guide on 20 things to avoid if you want to write a good story game by exaggerating each example such as bad grammar or writing unoriginal stories :)
-- Will11 on 12/25/2014 9:24:34 AM with a score of 0
I did not even understand a little of it.
1/8