Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

A very dumb mistake

2 years ago

Okay, I don't really know how to fix this. The only feasible way that I can think of is to delete the entire thing again and start over from scratch or to keep this as a bug. It's truly pathetic how dumb I am.

I have organized the stuff into chapters. This chapter A starts at page 1. It's the first chapter and I want it to start at this page. That's all well and good. 

When I made chapter B, I realized that I wanted to go to page 2, but then it turns out that I can only go to chapter A page 1. If I change the settings to page 2, then the first chapter will also start at page 2, which is not something I want.

I really don't want to put all my stuff in one chapter or nuke the whole thing. Is there any way to circumvent it with scripting or variables or is there a way to change the order of chapters around?

Edit: aargh, I'm terribly sorry for inconveniencing you all and spamming. I have discovered a way around it myself. I'm sorry again. Eh, you can delete this chapter or laugh at my idiocy. 

A very dumb mistake

2 years ago
this problem is incomprehensible. screenshots? drawings? red circles? more info?

A very dumb mistake

2 years ago
In the link script:
$DEST := @P37 (or whatever the page number is)

I keep telling people the articles are useful but nobody ever believes me!

A very dumb mistake

2 years ago

I BELIEVE! I find them super helpful. If you do a little back and forth on them too, you can figure out questions, not addressed in the specific articles. Like different kinds of coding maybe not be mentioned. Thanks a bunch to all who contributed to them!

A very dumb mistake

2 years ago

God this is so helpful.