Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 1/8/2017: Definitely
This feature was completed 2/11/2017: Done

[Site] Welcome message

16 years ago
Note:
This feature was originally accepted on Jul 31 2007 2:56PM, but was subsequently demoted to "New" in The Feature Wishing Well Clean-out.

The acceptance comments were This is a good idea.

What we need is to have a PM sent to all new members who sign up. This PM should include the following:

Links to the articles on how to write games and use scripting

lists of Mods and admins

a link to the forum article

and even just a simple welcome to the site. this could be very simple and automated for all new members signed up.

nate

[Members] Welcome message

16 years ago

Good idea nate, i agree, except i dont think there should be a link to the scripting articles. It's pretty confusing, and might scare new members away.

riley

16 years ago

I'm scared of scripting. . .

Seriously, a welcome message is a great idea.  We're always talking about how important a sense of community is to the site, and this would be great.

16 years ago
This'd make my job a whole lot easier! ...And non-existent...

See, I'm sure you know this, but I have a frame for PM's that i send to new members when they sign up. Is that where you got this inspiration?

16 years ago
Probably not...  I think Fleshy and others have been talking about stuff like this for a long time.

11 years ago

I dig this idea! It's easy to implement.

One thing.... being writers and all... can you guys write this?

11 years ago

When I was on the site every day for several hours I sent a welcome message to every new member I saw at the bottom of the screen. That said, I feel like more experienced hands should be employed. If there are no others I'll give it a go.

11 years ago

Why not make this into a little contest? So that all members of CYS can submit his/her welcome message. The person who writes the best message would get some Exp. points and the message will be used.

11 years ago

I think this is a fun idea. Have a friendly little competition.

Obviously yes to the idea.

11 years ago

I like this idea, we just need to write something out. It should involve links to important articles and an explanation of which forums are for what, etc.

11 years ago

If someone writes this up, I'll implement the feature and award the feature points, since that's most of the work :-)

11 years ago

Sent a submission =)

9 years ago

This is super-embarassing, but I can't seem to find this :-/

this one would be pretty easy to do i think, and could be a nice touch.

9 years ago

For the overhaul or this version?

9 years ago

I guess, either? I think it'd be really easy to have cysid send a welcome PM upon account creation.

9 years ago

Yeah, I deleted it out of my PMs about six months ago in a massive PM clean out...

[Site] Welcome message

9 years ago

It's a good idea, but I don't ever read those because I am a society-hating anarchist.

I guess it'll give our old friend cysid something to do other than steal our points.

[Site] Welcome message

7 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/21126#751440