Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 6/3/2014: Sorry not enough demand!

Multiple Saved States For A Single Game

10 years ago
While I was reading Eternal (one path of it, anyway) I tended to save when the path split so I could go back to it later if I had to quit. One thing I noticed, though, was that saving a game overwrites any previous saves. It didn't end up being an issue for me, but it could have been pretty annoying, and probably is for a lot of other people, and I think it would be really nice if you could have multiple saves for a single game. If you could also name the saves to keep track of them, that would be nice, but that's sort of secondary.

10 years ago

Most games here are not long enough to actually use more than one save. I usually just save at a major path-split point and then use backspace after I complete one path. ^.^

10 years ago
I know–that's usually what I do–but it would be nice to have a bit of security, and it could also be really cool for, like, big advanced-editor games, where there's a lot more possibilities, so you can explore the game more easily.

10 years ago

Would be great to have.yes

10 years ago

I think this would be awesome, but I'm worried about actually making it, I'm no coding genius, but this seems like no walk in the park, and like it would strain the sever more. Anyone know something about coding to confirm/deny my idea?

10 years ago

Actually, even if one were a coding genius, it depends a lot on how he has set it up, Considering how a lot of the code is from 2001, it might be pretty hard to change it..or maybe not.

9 years ago

The code is written in arcane language... and certainly not one that's fun to use!

There's a lot of new code though, like the forums, which are actually not so bad.

10 years ago

I don't know about straining the server, but it could take a few days to program. Provided you know what you are doing.