Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Who is your favourite God from myths?

10 years ago

Since watching Thor 2 I've grown on Loki but the Greek gods are awesome 

10 years ago

Your basing you knowledge of ancient gods off of movies?

I'm not sure, the greek gods are all manipulative and power-hungry while the egyption gods are confusing in general. The norse gods are all going to die in the end.

Then there are the Hindu and other asian gods but I don't know enough about them to judge. :p

10 years ago

Bill Gates, obviously

10 years ago

I like the Greek gods because my favorite myths come from the Greek myths. One of my favorite is the Iliad, and the Odyssey. My favorite god would have to be Hermes because in most stories and media he is the guy that screws with people. :)

10 years ago

10 years ago

I really like Hecate, Artemis, Persephone, and Cerberus (not quite a god but oh well) from Greek mythology. (And their Roman counterparts)

Also: I love Norse mythology. The Loki and Thor you see in the movies are nothing like the actuals.

10 years ago

Loki is pretty similar in the movie except he doesn't have a wife and a giant wolf and snake for children,, 

in Greek myths my favourite are,, 1st-Ares, 2nd-ZUES, and 3rd Achilles(if he counts, being a Demi god)

in Norse myths my favourite are,, 1st-Loki,  2ns-Odin,  and 3rd Tyr(god of war)

Egyptian myths my favourite are, 1st-Horus, 2nd-Isis, and 3rd Osiris,,,

what are your lists???

10 years ago

Thor is also fairly similar, unless you're talking about his appearance. He's a little friendlier than the mythological version, but the way he started out at the beginning of the first Thor movie was fairly accurate.

10 years ago

Greek: Dionysus, (Silas was actually based on an analysis of his character I did a long time ago, with some Thor mixed in, and then made Scottish.)

Egyptian: I tried following the Egyptian mythology as best I could (if Anime was invented yet, it would definitely be one, it makes more sense when read from the beginning) and thus far I like the character of Anubis, as ell as the fact that he looks awesome.

Norse: Cthulhu Tanngrisnir the goat, one of them who pulls Thor's chariot/cart all over the place, and got his leg broken when they ate him and brought him back to life. Fun!

10 years ago

Atlas. He's strong enough to hold back space, so you're fucked if you wanna fight him.

10 years ago

Silas could probably kick his ass. He'd probably die upwards of 20 times in the process, but he'd be able to, just like Batman beat the shit out of Bane in the Arkham series.

10 years ago

Atlas has to hold up the sky. He can't really fight, and the original gods took down the titans, and thats the reason he is holding up the sky.

10 years ago

Cronus is the strongest of the titans and ares would kill any god 

10 years ago

No Ares is the strongest but strategy and wisdom. So in the end cleverness wins in some cases.

Greek: Athena, Hades, Poseidon (In that order)

Norse: Loki, Tyr, Odin and thor (In that order)

Egyptian: Ra, Thoth, Isis (In that order)

10 years ago

No Zues is out of the gods...he controls the sky giving him an advantage over Ares. Plus the gods aren't gods their titans. Like how American are British but we call ourselves America.

10 years ago

EDIT: Holy shit that was mean... Nevermind what I said before, but your above statement is wrong.

10 years ago

I forgot to add Strongest there he strongest out of the gods. I really need to reread my post. sorry.

10 years ago

Considering that all of the US citizens have ancestors from different countries not just Britain just because the original 13 states were British does not make us British.

10 years ago

Oh that what i was referring to how america started with just the 13 states should have been more specific. Sorry.

10 years ago

But... We referred to ourselves as Americans regardless (only after the revolutionary war, and some Federalists still considered themselves British until the war of 1812) because we were making a point that we were proud Americans, separated from Britain now.

10 years ago

Let just let it die.

10 years ago

Fast typing skills indeed.

10 years ago

Americas power was inevitable, the sheer amount of land and natural recourses you guys have is one reason, also being situated away from the never ending European wars allowed America to practicaly live in peace and build up there infrastructure by the time ww1 rolled around Europe was weak from century's of war and the USA strong from building up there country for over 150 years practically uninterrupted,,(except the civil war) people judge Britain on it's methods during the colonization of north America and the imperial views they had but if they didn't do that America would have never even existed..

10 years ago

Norse Gods aren't so bad, but they die.

Greek Gods are just plain bitchy in general.  I'd sooner believe God of War than listen to the original tales of the gods.

Hindu Gods are inumerable.  But I wouldn't mind listening to their quirky and outlandish tales.

The Hebrew God isn't the best, but I grew up listening to his stories.  Not too bad.

The Islamic God is similar to the Hebrew God.

Forest Spirits?  Why not?

Quetzacatl? Hm...

10 years ago

Greek gods are also Horny and cheat on each other alot.

10 years ago

Lol

10 years ago

Ragnorok = beginnings of the Old Testament.... Interesting?  

10 years ago

1. Hades

2. Odin

3. Hermes

10 years ago

Cthulhu is the greatest god.

10 years ago

Who is that?

10 years ago

1. Ares

2. Loki

3. Zeus 

4. Athena

5. Thor 

6. Odin

7. Tyr

8. Apollo

9. Frey

10. Poseidon

10 years ago

Cthulhu I not sure but I think theres a cult about him.

10 years ago

Google is your friend.

Hes a lovecraftian elder god.

10 years ago

No I just watch a episode of south park with him in it.:P

10 years ago

I.

Is English your first language?

Because I can't tell if ..just what.

Me:"You could google it"
You"No I just watch a episode of south park with him in it"

Seriously. What.

10 years ago

Sorry about that, I was just saying that where I got the cult idea was that there is a south park episode about it, did not look into it that much.

10 years ago

Ah, it isn't really a cult.

Read the Call of Cthulhu, great short story, explains /some/ things.

10 years ago

Thanks for the tip.

10 years ago

If we're including Aztec gods, I'd go with Mictlantecuhtli.

As for the rest:

Egyptian- Anubis (I'd say Osiris, but Set kept kicking his ass and his dick got eaten by a fish)
Greek- Hades
Norse- Hel

10 years ago

Hahahaa :D

10 years ago

Chuck norris.