Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Thoughts regarding the upcoming apocalypse?

10 years ago

I've been thinking, right? And I know the process is slow, but if the site lasts for 10 years, it would be inevitable...

Eventually the top posters would get so many posts, and the lucky duelers, who keep stealing that trophy from each other, would push the numbers so far that they would become virtually impossible for anyone else to get?

Honestly, it sounded a lot worse when I first thought of it, but the point still stands, what happens when trophy-seekers run out of hope? Glowing TP's are already the stuff of far-fetched dreams, and the lucky dueler trophy is only slightly more likely than winning the ultimate world poker championship. What goals, aside from point trophies, will future generations of CYStians have to look up to?

10 years ago

Who cares?! I'm stressed!

10 years ago

Considering Ragnarok is supposed to happen this month on the 22nd, everyone better hurry up and do what they need to soon.

Or just ignore such doomsday prophecies and go about their business.

10 years ago

As a pope of Chuckology, I have protection from such trivial things.

10 years ago

I kill popes. Beware!

10 years ago

You can't kill popes of Chuckology.

10 years ago

Well, I didn't intentionally get the lucky dueler trophy. My friend was over, and he kept choosing the same thing for RPS (almost, sometimes he would mix from water to sponge to fire but mostly choosing water). I can understand the thoughts though, trophy seeking sounds pretty fun and it gives a nice goal. I assume that once the lucky dueler trophy is at "You've won 90% of duels!" I figure people's duel states should be reset :P Not points of course, but duel stats and old posts (not like kinda old, but like really really old) should get wiped through vote (such as "Should these threads be deleted or not?" poll). But, then again who am I to say anything when I'm relatively new? It's just personal preference :)

10 years ago

A likely story... Oldmanwillakers!

10 years ago

??????????????????????????????????????

10 years ago

Similar typing styles, them never being on at the same time, OMW losing a bunch of duels to him even though OMW has been dormant for so long.

Their use of the ":)" smiley...

Ford is OldManWillakers!

10 years ago

Oldy is my friend that was over yesterday we were on at the same time for about 3 hours. Loosing a bunch of duels to me is what I explained in the above paragraph. I did loose a bunch of times though :) so it was mostly luck, but a lot of it was just strategic screen-peeking.

10 years ago

Sure it was, sure it was, so he came over, and you just spontaneously decided to go duel on CYS even though you could have had the same amount of fun playing something like Battleship or talking on the forums? Of ALL the things you two could have done on the site, you decided you'd duel here and SCREEN PEEK.

10 years ago

Well, yes. Why would he want to give up playing minecraft (or whatever pc game he's been playing), come over to my house, and not expect a fun dueling session? I told him that if he comes over, he'll have the war of a lifetime. I exaggerated, but since he was here with his laptop, might as well. We could've had fun trolling up the forums, but that would be rude.

10 years ago

Not really, everyone trolls up the forums. Besides, you could have contributed to the conversations in the lounge and added an old man joke here or there along the way.

10 years ago

Excessive trolling is a bit rude in my opinion, either way we didn't do it and he's back to whatever he does all day. I didn't know about the green trophy until after I got it, even then I didn't really want it in the first place. So I cannot take the blame for dueling against my pal a couple of rounds. If we could've bet up to 100 points, we would've dueled a measly 2 times.

10 years ago

Yeah, good old Alchemy... (and good old Dall)...  :P

10 years ago

Dall? I think you got the wrong person there...

10 years ago

If you know Alchemy, then you probably know Dall.

10 years ago

Never met a Dall. That's why I said "I think you have the wrong person there".

10 years ago

And yet why did you want to bet that many points?

10 years ago

Well, toggle is a pretty boring game after about 10 times of playing it. Risking more points makes betting more interesting. Does it not?

10 years ago

So why didn't you play something like RPS?

10 years ago

Too complicated, I could never get the hang of it. Toggle is simple and easy, RPS (in my opinion) kind of sucks... no offense to whoever made it. :(

10 years ago

Then rock-paper scissors?

Tic-tac toe!?

10 years ago

Tic-tac toe is only fun in real life, I've tryed online tic-tac toe. It's not that fun. Toggle is great fun though. Rock paper scissors is in between online tic-tac toe and RPS.

10 years ago

To be fair, OMW only lost about 30 something games, and Ford's won like 100 and something, so they can't all be from OMW.

10 years ago

10 years ago

Mostly cysid.

10 years ago

I'm also pretty sure a lot of people use ":)" as a emotocon. It's pretty established in the 'texting world' as a happy face.

Edit:: the old man has been dormant on this website because of his Minecraft youtube series.

10 years ago

Yeah sure, link?

10 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/BruceWillakers

10 years ago

...making good storygames? ;P