Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Tryin to make a storygame

9 years ago

Hello all. Some of u know  me some dont oh well. i got over my phase for those who want to know. i am in the process of making a storygame.  and i was interested in some feed backs about horror or puzzle. Anyone? apreciate it.

9 years ago

Do a horror story about a belt.

9 years ago

......Really? indecision

9 years ago

That works as a rope.

9 years ago

shut it

9 years ago

I thought u were done with forums Honor4ever

9 years ago

Taking a small break from my game.

9 years ago

oh ok

9 years ago

Joke's old as the dinosaurs. Try again.

9 years ago

Bah, it's only a few weeks old, hasn't even had a chance to ferment into dino-hood, you fool!

9 years ago

It is if it's the 92 million times it's been told. 

9 years ago

Still funny ^_^

9 years ago

Thank you all for your time and comments.

9 years ago

The joke itself has only been told about 30-35 times in total.

9 years ago

Now, the number has increased to 40 - 55 times.

9 years ago

You have a bad sense of humor. Try again.

9 years ago

It is if it's the 92 million times it's been told. Try again. 

9 years ago

I dun get it.

9 years ago

They're trying to say he can use the belt to hang himself.

9 years ago

Detail. Add plenty of detail and action. Try to balance out the two though. Don't add a lot of detail and little action. And don't add a lot of action with little detail.

9 years ago

ok

9 years ago

Lol, you all seem intent on making him hang himself laugh

9 years ago
Have the puzzle be quizzes and mazes all leading to the treasure at the end, plenty of scares in the darkness of the maze as well. monsters maybe of some sort. Inside the treasure chest at the end, through all those horrors, is a belt. Now - the player will choose what to do with said belt. The player can either give up and go back through the maze, OR as some might phrase it "Hang yourself" if you know what I mean *wink wink*. Puzzle makes me think of crappy quizzes and horror makes me think of torture and bloodshed, but not to much to be fake - just enough that the reader can taste the coppery liquid whilst reading it. Basically, make your horror story good enough to make others blood thirsty or go insane.

9 years ago

ok and everyone please drop the belt rope hanging etc. shit thanks

9 years ago

But belts are good, they can be used as ropes. Lol jk.

9 years ago

It's a simple joke and if people want to take it seriously then they can. But they will miss out on the humour and likely hate those who enjoy it.

9 years ago

Maybe do a horror story about the dark or a puzzle or quiz. Quizzes are better than puzzles. Quiz on a book! And maybe, in your quiz, it can be horror type!

9 years ago

on the contrary, puzzles are better than quizzes. Notice the ratio of high-rated puzzle games to high-rated quiz games.

9 years ago

I don't scared by answering a question as I am as scared of trying to solve a problem under the pressure of mutually assured destruction, but...

9 years ago

Make a decent Modern Day or Fantasy storygame before you start adding elements like Horror.

9 years ago

How about a game where you are a man in a coma. You have to work your way through the many levels of your subconscious in order to escape your nightmarish state of existence. Make the levels of the characters subconscious out to be a puzzle. To make it interesting. Have two paths: one where you wake up and one where you die. Treat them both like good endings, though. You can also have a bunch of bad endings where you remain trapped in a comatose state.

9 years ago

Why wouldn't you just write this yourself jamescoker? After all, you thought of it.

9 years ago

I'm working on something big, so I don't really have the time. If nobody claims the idea after a while, I might do it, but I really just like bouncing ideas at people. Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

9 years ago

A Star Wars sequel.....with killer belts! :P

9 years ago

Horror and puzzle, huh? Why, what a coincidence, I *the following statements were censored due to the fact that the ST contest is still going on and I must, as far as the forums are concerned, pretend that my entry does not exist* ... xD

(Seriously, though, for starters: It's "you" not "u" and it's "appreciate" not "apreciate" It's feedback, not "feed back" and definitely not "feed backs." It's not actually a grammatical rule to refrain from starting sentences with conjunctions, such as "and" or "but"--but it usually looks and sounds bad. Also, "i" should always be capitalized when referring to oneself. Lastly, you are sorely in need of some commas and apostrophes up in there. For instance "don't" instead of "dont" and a comma after 'hello' and 'don't' would've been nice. Yes, all of this really is important, because if you want to write a story, let alone a good one, you need to know how to write.)