Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago
Well, I hope it isn't too out of hand for me to assume that the majority of us on a Reading & Writing site love to read books, and I noticed that the Reading Corner on the site is seriously neglected. So, I came up with a nice little idea that our little community can do to support reading (at least, amongst ourselves.)

We can start a book-reading club! Yes, I suppose it's as nerdy as it sounds, but it'd be a good way to improve our reading comprehension, maybe spark some great discussions, and help us commit to reading an extra book in addition to what we read normally. Anywho, the way I could see this working is as follows:

'Members' (anyone who wants, really) would make a post consisting of a book-title and a short summary (that doesn't spoil anything) of a novel they have heard of (but have never read) and think is interesting. After a couple people post them, we put it to a vote on each of them, and whichever book comes out on top the 'Club' would read together, probably taking a bit of their time to go to a public library to get it. People who already read a book but want to recommend it can put it up for voting if they wish.

If the story is interesting enough, we can discuss, debate, and the like; it'd be fun.

This is obviously very loose and adaptable; it's just an idea. I dunno, just wondering if anyone is interested.
-Tan

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I know I'm probably not your favorite person on the site, but I definitely want in on this. I have a few ideas that might interest a few people.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago
That's great!
One of the best things about this is that it's a community effort, regardless of 'whatever'-- everyone's invited and encouraged to participate and contribute. :D

@Morgan_R - Awesome!
@Aman - You did? Haha, glad to hear it.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Yeah, I can never finish reading a book by myself. I've picked up (but never read more than 2 or 3 chapters of) Life of Pi, Paradise Lost, and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's nest.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I've watched the play for One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. It was scary. 

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Hmm...

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I'm interested. ^_^

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Think I already told you I liked the idea. :)

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago
I'm in. Sounds like a great idea.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Ok, I'm in.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Ok I'm in.

I think as the instigator tan picks first? Then voting after?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Yeah, that seems kosher...no pun intended.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

What do you guys think?

Personally, I think it'd be best if we start with the voting process. First reason, I don't want to accidentally pick a bad book (but when everyone decides together to read a boring book it's okay!), 2nd, it's good to set a precedent, 3rd, I can't think of another reason right now which means I'm unfit to pick a book all by myself cheeky

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Alright. I'll go ahead and throw my nomination in.

Name: Life of Pi

Author: Yann Martel

Synopsis: A young Indian boy ends up trapped on a life raft with a fully grown bengal tiger named Richard Parker.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Sounds good then :)

ok erm...

The Fionavar Tapestry has been highly recommended to me, it's a trilogy with the first book called The Summer Tree by Guy Gavariel Kay.

It's the first book in a fantasy story which takes place in the 'first world' the world on which all other worlds and stories are based and it's on this world that the battle between good and evil will ultimately be decided, affecting all other worlds with its result. It's also about 5 pretty normal university students who get involved with and ultimately alter the path of the battle.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Anyway, my tag in the hat will be: Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Stevenson.

Premise: (I know my history teacher mentioned it before, and it's seems interesting enough--) It's about a Lawyer who's friend is a good-intentioned, well-to-do doctor (Dr. Jekyll) has unknowingly has a split personality- Mr. Hyde, who's evil.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

If it's alright, can I drop in Doyle's "The Red Headed League"?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Title: Theft of Swords

Author: Michael J. Sullivan

Tagline: They killed the king. They pinned it on two men. They chose poorly.

I know nothing about this book, except:

A) It's in whatshouldireadnext.com's database for what to read after Patrick Rothfuss's The Name of the Wind.

B) It's got 4.5 stars for the first two books on Amazon, which goes up to five stars for the final book in the trilogy.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

No nominations from me.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Oh wow, this is great! 11 members so far (James, Morgan, Aman, Myself, Zikara, Sethaniel, Feanor, Swift, Ellabit and Fireplay +Madbrad)

Alright, so I guess we can start (though anyone can join at any time)-- everyone find a book and put it where the rest have. Let's see how this goes! :)

Current novels in ballot: (Please do not reply)

Life of Pi

The Fionavar Tapestry

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Theft of Swords

Night Watch

The Red headed League (Short Story)

Red Dragon (One of Drak's suggestions, first in the series) Or Hannibal Rising (Same series, chronologically first)

Eye of The World

Acacia: The War with the Mein

The Book Thief

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Thank God I've read a mountain of books before I was railroaded by the school system to read only a few e.e

Can I join?  :D

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

No, Swift, I forgot to ban you from this :P (Of course haha.)

@Swiftstryker - Are you recommending (aka you've read it already?)

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Ooo a couple I don't actually think I have read have been out up :) (obviously apart from the one I out up)

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I thought we'd be reading it together.  If I was recommending one we already read, I would've chosen "Hound of Baskerville".

Just kinda glad I read a mountain of books so I'm up to pace with a few mainstream series, if we ever decide to attempt something that big.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

We are reading it together.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Oh. But yeah, the idea is indeed to read something we haven't before :)

Hmm, what I had in mind was sorta different-- we'd each read the novel that gets the most votes in the end, and after we finish it we can discuss it. Reading it together is more like, we read it ourselves, make comments as we get through it, etc.

But reading Short Stories is different, and we would actually be able to be read it more 'together'. I suppose we could do that too, if people want. The problem with Doyle's short stories is that many people have read them (I know Aman has read all of them.) but if people vote for it then it works. In some ways a short story would make this easier, as it goes by faster and finding a free ebook online is easier for those.

Or, you can make a spinoff thread all about shortstories. I encourage either.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Oh his stories are glorious aren't they, I read them every few years.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Can I join?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I like some of his stories, can't really 'get into' them as much as I'd like to, unfortunately. I know some people who can't get enough of it though.

@coins -If you're serious about it then it shouldn't be a question.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I love them. Best red-coat ever. 

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Not officially joining (because I have had very little time for reading lately, unfortunately) but if I manage to read a book in time i'd add to the discussion.

For that matter, I have a recommendation that some may enjoy - Hannibal Rising, Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal, all by Thomas Harris. 

Most of you are no doubt familiar with Hannibal Lecter but it's possible you haven't read the books, which I would highly recommend. It's the tale of a young russian boy who grows to become a serial killer/ cannibal / excellent cook, his eventual incarceration (where he deals with an FBI profiler named Will Graham) and his eventual escape.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Awh, sorry to hear about that.

Thanks for contributing though. I added Red Dragon to the list, since I think it's the first book (by release, not chronologically).

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Yeah, Hannibal Rising is the prequel (which i'm reading first, ahead of the others, because that makes more sense), Red Dragon is the first book, Silence of the Lambs is the second, Hannibal is third..

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I usually like to read the originals first to get the ideas and the questions the author wants you to ask during the book in order to get the full experience. I know that the when I was recommended the Dune series the guy told me the books are easier to go through when you read the prequels, since you understand what's going on better.

Preference, I suppose.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

ARRG! This is the third time I've tried to post this message! It's annoying when you have to put up the same stinkin' long message! *twich twich*

*takes deep breaths* Okay. That's better. Now where was I? Right, I won't be able to take part in this since I'm already reading a large book series that's going to take quite a bit of tim to finish, but I'll recommend a few of my favorites. Here are some books I've read that are really thick, in a series, and very well written. When I say 'thick' for a book, I mean 600+ pages. I copied and pasted the synopsis because I don't want to accidentally post too much about it and spoil them. Here I go again.

1) Magyk, first book in the Septimus heap series: The seventh son of the seventh son, aptly named Septimus Heap, is stolen the night he is born by a midwife who pronounces him dead. That same night, the baby's father, Silas Heap, comes across a bundle in the snow containing a new born girl with violet eyes. The Heaps take this helpless newborn into their home, name her Jenna, and raise her as their own. But who is this mysterious baby girl, and what really happened to their beloved son Septimus?

2) Eragon, first book in the series Inheritance: Fifteen-year-old Eragon believes that he is merely a poor farm boy- until his destiny as a Dragon Rider is revealed. Gifted with only an ancient sword, a loyal dragon, and sage advice from an old storyteller, Eragon is soon swept into a dangerous tapestry of magic, glory, and power. Now his choices could save - or destroy- the Empire.

3) Eye of the World, first book in the Wheel of time series: The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.

4) Legacies, first book in the Corean Chronicles:  Millennia ago, a magical disaster caused the fall of a great civilization that spanned a continent, and ended a golden age. Corus today is a world of contending countries, of struggling humans, strange animals and elusive supernatural creatures. Though much has been forgotten, it is still a place of magical powers, and of a few people who are Talented enough to use them.Even as a child, Alucius showed very strong Talent. He was warned never to reveal it, lest others seek to exploit it.

Okay, and now I have a few books that either aren't in a series, or aren't that thick. The only book here That I haven't read is 'Under the Dome', but someone I know has and they say it's really good. I believe that it is 1,000-1,200 pages long. I plan on reading it after I'm done with the series I'm reading.

5) Lone Wolf, first book in the Wolves of the Beyond: Away from her pack, her mate and the MacDuncan wolf clan, she-wolf Morag gives birth to three wolf pups. Two of them are tawny and perfect --- like their father. The third is silver gray and has a light splay on one of its front paws. Morag thinks her silver pup is perfect, too, but she knows his defective paw will brand him as malcadh, the ancient wolf word for “cursed.” As a malcadh, the silver pup must be taken away from his mother and Morag and her mate banished to protect the pack’s bloodlines. (Note: this is nothing like the Warriors Series)

6) Under the Dome: On an entirely normal, beautiful fall day in Chester’s Mill, Maine, the town is inexplicably and suddenly sealed off from the rest of the world by an invisible force field. Planes crash into it and fall from the sky in flaming wreckage, a gardener’s hand is severed as “the dome” comes down on it, people running errands in the neighboring town are divided from their families, and cars explode on impact. No one can fathom what this barrier is, where it came from, and when—or if—it will go away.

7) House of the Scorpion, next/last book, Lord of Opium: Between the U.S.A. and Aztlán (once called Mexico) lies a strip of land, known as Opium, the name of its chief product.  It is ruled by a 146-year-old drug lord known as El Patrón.  His fields are tilled by illegal immigrants, called "eejits," who have computer chips implanted in their brains so that they can be kept in slavery.  Matt, a boy who is confined in a cottage on El Patrón estate, manages to break out, only to find himself treated like an animal.  Eventually he learns why.  The tattoo on his foot, "Property of Alacrán Estates,"

8) Secret of the Sierens, first in the Companions Quartet:  When eleven-year-old Connie is sent to live with her eccentric aunt by the sea, she’s not expecting anything great—not to make friends with Col, the coolest guy in town, and certainly not to discover that mythical creatures still exist, that an ancient society has protected them for centuries, and that a dark and treacherous force is lurking in their midst.

I was going to put covers too, but I'm too annoyed with the stupid thing to do it.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Umm, I hope you won't be offended or anything, but I think I'll make up a rule on the spot and say one book recommendation for each person per voting session cheeky

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Okay. Sorry. >.< (no offense taken)

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Haha, which book do you want to be in the ballot?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

How about Eye of the World?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Done ^_^ 

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

"Under the Dome" - The TV adaptation of that was one of the worst programs I have ever watched xD

This book club sounds like a nice idea so I might join but I have a rather bad sleeping thing and I am usually tired throughout the day but I will give it ago.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Hmmm...... Never heard of the T.V. program.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Dome_%28TV_series%29

Terrible, don't watch it. Steven Spielberg produced it too.....

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

The book was published by a dude named Stephen King. Also, movies/tv shows are always way worse than the book.

They made a Movie out of Eragon too, It was horrible and didn't show all the toil they went to. It seemed to just skip to the big fighting scenes and leave everything else out. I believe I fell asleep during it.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Yes, I know who wrote the book. I actually have had all of Stephens books.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Oh. Well, have you read anything else on the list I made? The Magyk series has 8 books, Eragon has four, and The Wheel of time has twelve. Wolves of the beyond was published by the same author that did the Guardians of Ga'hole (is that how you spell it?) and I believe it has 8-ish books. 

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

No, I don't think I have.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Oh! I forgot about one. Legacies. I added it up there. Have you heard of that one?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Nope.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

What books have you read and would recommend?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

The last book(s) I read was "A Song on Ice and Fire". Still waiting for the sequels :D

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Hm... Sounds interesting. Who is the author? Charactors?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

George RR martin is the author, he tends to joke about how he will end up dying before he finishes the books :D

There are many characters and it would be easier to Google xD

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Okay. Just curious, but how thick is it?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

One of the longest book series I have ever read. "A Dance with Dragons" (The fifth book) has a thousand pages alone.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Oooooooh. I like it already.laugh Thanks! I'm definitely adding that to my 'to read' list.

Edit: I just added another good book to the list.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I think it's funny how many people are like "I don't have time to do this, but here's a list of books I recommend!"

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Ya know? I was about to write this really long thing about how I don't have time for this. I decided not to. The reason I can't is because if I try and read more than one book at a time, I end up getting the stories mixed up and forget what happens in the other. If I weren't reading a book right now, that'd be a different story. Unless I can read  about 5500 pages before you guys vote for which book to read together, I won't be in on it this time. Perhaps another time though.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

crying

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Recommendation - "Acacia: The Acacia Trilogy" by David Anthony Durham.

"Leodan Akaran, ruler of the Known World, has inherited generations of apparent peace and prosperity, won ages ago by his ancestors. A widower of high intelligence, he presides over an empire called Acacia, after the idyllic island from which he rules. He dotes on his four children and hides from them the dark realities of traffic in drugs and human lives on which their prosperity depends. He hopes that he might change this, but powerful forces stand in his way. And then a deadly assassin sent from a race called the Mein, exiled long ago to an ice-locked stronghold in the frozen north, strikes at Leodan in the heart of Acacia while they unleash surprise attacks across the empire. On his deathbed, Leodan puts into play a plan to allow his children to escape, each to their own destiny. And so his children begin a quest to avenge their father's death and restore the Acacian empire—this time on the basis of universal freedom. Forced to flee to distant corners and separated against their will, the children must navigate a web of hidden allegiances, ancient magic, foreign invaders, and illicit trade that will challenge their very notion of who they are. As they come to understand their true purpose in life, the fate of the world lies in their hands."

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I just started The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. It's good, but somewhat depressing.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Oh no it is not, a horrendous piece of shit that book is. Worst required reading i've ever had.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Hey, I know I'm a little late getting to this, but can I join? laugh

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Of course!

As noted before, anyone can join at any given time.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Cool.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Alrighty! Just waiting for @Zikara , and maybe @Ellabit and @Sethaniel to recommend a book (or not) before we can get on to the actual vote.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Why am I a "maybe," tan?  Haha. 

I've read almost all the books that have been mentioned. 

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

He wants you to recommend a book for the group to read. Once every member has recommended a book, you'll all vote on which one is the first to be read.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko

They are the "Others," an ancient race of supernatural beings- magicians, shape-shifters, vampires, and healers - who live among us.  Human born, they must choose a side to swear allegiance to - the Dark or the Light - when they come of age.
For a millennium, these opponents have coexisted in an uneasy peace, enforced by defenders like the Night Watch, forces of the Light who guard against the Dark.  But prophecy decrees that one supreme "Other" will arise to spark a cataclysmic war.
Anton Gorodetsky, an untested mid-level Light magician with the Night Watch, discovers a cursed young woman - an Other of tremendous potential unallied with either side - who can shift the balance of power.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

That (thanks for the support, 3J!), and Sethaniel has posted since the vote started. Wasn't sure if he was going to put one in the ballot (which wouldn't be a problem either way, of course.)

Since, well, you don't have to if you don't want to. Seems like he put one in though ^_^

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

If this works out well for the first book, I'll see if I can fix up a special trophy for the second book.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

This actually sounds awesome! I don't think I'll be able to join with the first book since reading always ends up distracting me from writing, but hopefully should be able to get involved later on.

Also, if you want some suggestions for great books to read, I can think of a few. If you only want one suggestion per person though, I guess I'd recommend:

The Book Thief

Blurb:

It's just a small story really, about, among other things, a girl, some words, an accordionist, some fanatical Germans, a Jewish fist-fighter, and quite a lot of thievery.

Set during World War II in Germany, Markus Zusak's groundbreaking new novel is the story of Liesel Meminger, a foster girl living outside of Munich. Liesel scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can't resist: books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids - as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement before he is marched to Dachau.

This is an unforgettable story about the ability of books to feed the soul.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Nice! Hope to see you join in once IFcomp is done haha (assuming that's what you're referring to).

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Nah, just getting Price of Freedom finished.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Ah, might as well join in now. :p 

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Aha.

@Fireplay - Gonna start the voting process very soon, so if you want to put in something how's your chance!

CYS Book Club (Vote)

9 years ago

Okay, now it's voting time for the 10 books recommended (Unless I missed something). Only members can vote, and anyone who votes can vote twice. For quick reference, here they are--

1. Life of Pi by Yann Martel.
Synopsis: A young Indian boy ends up trapped on a life raft with a fully grown bengal tiger named Richard Parker.
---

2. The Fionavar Tapestry
It's the first book in a fantasy series which takes place in the 'first world' the world on which all other worlds and stories are based and it's on this world that the battle between good and evil will ultimately be decided, affecting all other worlds with its result. It's also about 5 pretty normal university students who get involved with and ultimately alter the path of the battle.
---

3. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Stevenson
It's about a Lawyer who's friend is a good-intentioned, well-to-do doctor (Dr. Jekyll) that unknowingly has a split personality- Mr. Hyde, who's evil.
---

4. Theft of Swords by Michael J. Sullivan:
They killed the king. They pinned it on two men. They chose poorly.
This story was rated quite well, and is probably similar to the acclaimed book fantasy book, "The name of the Wind"
---

5. Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko
They are the "Others," an ancient race of supernatural beings- magicians, shape-shifters, vampires, and healers - who live among us.  Human born, they must choose a side to swear allegiance to - the Dark or the Light - when they come of age.
For a millennium, these opponents have coexisted in an uneasy peace, enforced by defenders like the Night Watch, forces of the Light who guard against the Dark.  But prophecy decrees that one supreme "Other" will arise to spark a cataclysmic war.
Anton Gorodetsky, an untested mid-level Light magician with the Night Watch, discovers a cursed young woman - an Other of tremendous potential unallied with either side - who can shift the balance of power.
---

6. The Red headed League (Short Story) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Sherlock Holmes...
---

7. Red Dragon (One of Drak's suggestions, first in the series) Or Hannibal Rising (Same series, chronologically first)* By Thomas Harris
The tale of a young lithuanian boy who grows to become a serial killer/ cannibal / excellent cook, his eventual incarceration (where he deals with an FBI profiler named Will Graham) and his eventual escape.
---

8. Eye of The World
The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.
---

9.Acacia: The War with the Mein by Anthony Durham
Leodan Akaran, ruler of the Known World, has inherited generations of apparent peace and prosperity, won ages ago by his ancestors. A widower of high intelligence, he presides over an empire called Acacia, after the idyllic island from which he rules. He dotes on his four children and hides from them the dark realities of traffic in drugs and human lives on which their prosperity depends. He hopes that he might change this, but powerful forces stand in his way. And then a deadly assassin sent from a race called the Mein, exiled long ago to an ice-locked stronghold in the frozen north, strikes at Leodan in the heart of Acacia while they unleash surprise attacks across the empire. On his deathbed, Leodan puts into play a plan to allow his children to escape, each to their own destiny. And so his children begin a quest to avenge their father's death and restore the Acacian empire—this time on the basis of universal freedom. Forced to flee to distant corners and separated against their will, the children must navigate a web of hidden allegiances, ancient magic, foreign invaders, and illicit trade that will challenge their very notion of who they are. As they come to understand their true purpose in life, the fate of the world lies in their hands.
---

10. The Book Thief
Set during World War II in Germany, Markus Zusak's groundbreaking new novel is the story of Liesel Meminger, a foster girl living outside of Munich. Liesel scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can't resist: books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids - as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement before he is marched to Dachau.

This is an unforgettable story about the ability of books to feed the soul.
---

*Note: For voting purposes only, those count as one book.

Also, if you've read any of these books before, please note it before voting ^_^

(Please reply with your votes here) @Morgan_R @jamescoker1226 @Aman @Zikara @Swiftstryker @Ellabit @FeanorOnForge @Fireplay @Sethaniel

CYS Book Club (Vote)

9 years ago

CYS Book Club (Vote)

9 years ago

#2 (Fionavar)

#5 (Night Watch)

CYS Book Club (Vote)

9 years ago

2 and 5

CYS Book Club (Vote)

9 years ago

#1 and #4

CYS Book Club (Vote)

9 years ago

Oh crap. Numbered it wrong. Theft of Swords is #4.

CYS Book Club (Vote)

9 years ago

Thanks, Tan.

CYS Book Club (Vote)

9 years ago

No probs. @Sethaniel , can you please edit that in with your mod magic?

Edit: Thanks man.

CYS Book Club (Vote)

9 years ago

4 and 10.

CYS Book Club (Vote)

9 years ago

#2 and #4

CYS Book Club (Vote)

9 years ago

CYS Book Club (Vote)

9 years ago

CYS Book Club (Vote)

9 years ago

CYS Book Club (Vote)

9 years ago

and

#9 seems interesting.

CYS Book Club (Vote)

9 years ago

Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is a masterpiece, in my opinion (Not the game. The game was just godawful).

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

@All who aren't members

Sorry, but you can't vote >_<  ( @Madbrad200 -do you officially join? Same for @Drakilian - )

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I stated I was joining on my first post. :D

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

No you didn't. You said you 'might' join. But alright haha.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

"This book club sounds like a nice idea so I might join but I have a rather bad sleeping thing and I am usually tired throughout the day but I will give it ago."

He was very ambiguous, but in all fairness he did say he was going to join.

Edit: Actually, you know what? I honestly can't tell. He says "I might join" before saying "I will give it a go".

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Yeah, I suppose I wrote what I was thinking as it was coming out of my head xD

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Ah, the good old "stream of consciousness". Gotta love it.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I'm totally unofficially voting. (Besides, it's getting picked anyway)

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Aha. 

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Current vote talley:

1. Life of Pi-1 =1 

2. The Fionavar Tapestry -1-1-1-1-1 = 5 

3. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde =0

4. Theft of Swords-1-1-1=3

5.Night Watch-1-1-1-1 =4

6.The Red headed League (Short Story)-1=1

7.Red Dragon (One of Drak's suggestions, first in the series) Or Hannibal Rising (Same series, chronologically first)=0

8. Eye of The World=0

9. Acacia: The War with the Mein-1-1=2

10. The Book Thief-1-1=2

Waiting on @Zikara and @Ellabit -Right now it looks like The Fionavar Tapestry is going to be read.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

10 or 8

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

@Dragonanth

Do you wish to become a member? You can become join at any time, of course, but we're really trying to make sure people who are taking part of the vote will be reading with us.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Not that it matters. We need to decide between 2+5. 

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

True enough. I guess I could flip a coin or something. Thoughts? I'd suggest another vote, but I want to get the book before the Sabbath. Coin flip is honest enough.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I think a coin flip would be a good idea.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Flipped the equivalent of a coin, the result is that we're reading-

Summer Tree, Book 1 of The Fionavar Tapestry by Guy Gavriel Kay!

Woot, looking forward to reading this with you guys. Obviously, nobody has to buy the book, try to find it at your local library first. If you can't find it, that's unfortunate, but okay as well. :)

Anyway, as you read through it you could post your current thoughts on it in this thread. Though maybe we should make a new thread. I dunno.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Woot! I know it's not really winning but I'm taking this as having won ;)

This should be fun to read with people, I'd say have a new dedicated thread for the book once it has been chosen. That way it's separate and won't build up into an unreadable thread.

So do we start reading this weekend or wait for a few days so people can find the book?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Read it when you have time, no rush. I'm gonna try to get it for the weekend though haha.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I will start reading it in a few minutes :D

If anyone wants a e-reader download, pm me.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Are we making a new thread to discuss it?

It did seem a bit simple and unrealistic at first, I mean, why would you beileve in a guy who tells you that he travels across worlds xD

It does seem to be getter better though.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Most likely. Did you know you could put gifs on here! Who knew...

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Yes I did, are you planning on joining the book club?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Yeah. I'll mainly discuss sci-fi books though.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

You should get the book we are reading currently then.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

What's it called?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

The link is posted above xD

It is called "The Summer Tree" by Guy Gavriel Kay and is part of "The Fionavar Tapestry". If you want an E-reader download, PM me. If you want to buy it, Tan linked Amazon and lastly, if you want to read it for free, go to your local library.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I guess I'll go to the library tomorrow. Hell, it's 'bout time I saw the outernet for other reasons than going to but a 2-liter of Coke at the Circle K! laugh

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Actually I should add, the E-reader download is also free xD

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I knew that, but it's still good to go outside for a bit!

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Ooh, ooh, I nominate Ender's Game (one of my favorite books of all time)

Synopsis: In the future, Earth has been attacked by aliens twice and the population was nearly wiped out the second time. The leaders will take children with enough intellect and train them to lead entire armies. Early training takes place in the form of games. Of the children, Ender Wiggin is the smartest, as he wins all the games.

Author: Orson Scott Card

I have read this book before (And finished it).

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I think the idea is to read books we haven't read before. ^_^

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

11302, we are not actually nominating at the moment I don't think. Once we have finished the book we are reading, we can nominate again.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

^As Madbrad said, we finish the novel we are on before thinking about moving on.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Ah. Guess I'll pick up the book later and once we're done with the book then we nominate again. Gotcha... I swear to god something's up ith the forums...

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Who hasn't read that book?  XD

But yeah, Madbrad's right.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Yeah... It's an amazing book! With a horrible movie...

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Man, these first few pages chapters are kind of a slog...

Too many characters introduced at once, and the viewpoint hops around like crazy. Also, who names their Dwarf King Matt? And the vague 'we need them but I don't even know why!' just seems... weak.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I definitely agree with that. It does get a little better once they actually travel to Fionavar.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I haven't gotten it yet, hopefully today. lol

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Worst Chapter 1 I've read in years.

But you know, fuck it, let's continue.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Glad it's not just me. >_<

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

beginning not too great but improving as it goes so far for me

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Ok it's deff getting better the further in it goes. Kinda sad, the first chapter should be one of the best to get people hooked but his first couple are some off the worst in the book so far

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

What do you guys think about themes? After a few tries, we could turn it into a theme session. We vote on a theme (Fantasy, western, historical et cetera) and they we vote on books that fit that chosen theme.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Nah, that'd be too boring after two books.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I think the idea is to switch themes every book? I like it, I could stand to read more outside of SF/Fantasy.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Exactly. We vote on a theme, then on a book that fits that theme. When everyone is done, we will vote on a new theme and book.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

You mean, like, genre?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I would guess that is how it would go mostly, but, there are other themes we could vote on also (Short stories, stories by a certain author, gamebooks, et cetera).

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I don't really see a reason for that.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Yeh I don't think adding an extra voting session will help.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Agree with aman and forge.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

@Fireplay @jamescoker1226 @Ellabit @Zikara 

Haven't seen you guys reply here in a while, just want to see if you guys gave up or not haha.  Then we could start up another voting session. Regardless, I think we'll start another vote in 1-3 days.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

By the time I found the Fionavar Tapestry: Book One, you guys were already several chapters in. For future reference, I think we should all read a chapter within a certain amount of time, instead of a read at your own pace thing. Afterall, the goal is for everyone to be motivated to finish a book. That's just my humble opinion, of course.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

My god man, you really should've just said so. XD

Don't think the 'read chapters in specific time frame' thing would work. I know I read only when I have time, at my own pace, reading a whole bunch of chapters. Stop for a day or two. Then continue, finishing it in, say, 3 sittings separated by a couple of days/weeks etc. Dunno.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

My issue is time really. I had a few minutes to read the first couple of chapters then no time to properly read for days. Had a few hours off so finished the book.

Sadly if we just say a few chapters we will still be waiting days for people while others finish it within minutes

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

That's the thing. This is a very laid-back club, as long as members are 'active' then I (personally) don't mind waiting for them to finish.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

James seems to be suggesting that we all read at the same (slow) pace, though. Not happening, as far as I'm concerned. But maybe we should not comment on the book until everyone's done?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Nah, no point. especially with how we all read in different intervals. 

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Yeah. This isn't a school-reading where the teacher gets mad at you for reading ahead and you have to read say, a chapter a week. As Morgan said, that's not happening. Talking about the book before anybody else is finished is fine too, but you shouldn't be discouraged by it. If anything, people commenting on the book before you're done may encourage you to read quicker.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Hey, easy now. I was just making a suggestion.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

James, no ones upset, they're just responding to your suggestion with their opinions.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I'd be more likely to lose interest if I had to wait to talk about it until everyone was done reading,

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I find just trying to block out whether people are waiting on you or not will help ;P

Just say that you might need some extra time and I am sure no one would mind much.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Yeah, the club president took the longest. XD 

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

>_>

Partly because you took the book during the weekend, which is when I read most.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I guess I'll join for round two

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Awesome to hear!

@JJJ-thebanisher

Well, we're almost(?) done with our first book, and you mentioned something above for the second book-reading...

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Sorry, been distracted a little lately. I can finish the book at a later time on my own.

I'll do our next book though.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

The Fionavar Tapestry thread is always open for discussion now ^_^

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

So are we voting on the next book?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Wouldn't matter anyway. This is a Democracy, so you don't get a choice. :D

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Oh yeah, we should get on that.

Actually, we're gonna vote on this here first. Should we-

1. Read Night Watch, since that got second highest votes last time.

Or 

2. Re-vote all over again.

There would've been a 3rd choice of continuing to read the Fionavar Tapestry Trilogy, but we're trying to cater to newbies and the like. However, if anyone starts reading the second one then there's always the Fionavar Thread to discuss it, in case anybody else from the Book Club began to read that ^_^

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I think it would be fair to re-vote. If anyone wants to suggest nights watch and the second book of fionavar, go ahead. I don't really like the idea of picking option one.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I prefer option two, myself. I even found a book to suggest already.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I vote for more voting. XD

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

REVOTE~!

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Is it too late for me to jump in?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

It's never too late @bilbo haha.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Aw, now nobody wants to read my choice :( 

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

No one ever loved you

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

But it was nice to pretend they did. . .

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I wouldn't mind reading it, I just think it is fairer for a re-vote though :D

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

We should double vote like before.  Cause everyone's going to vote their own choice, right?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Probs. XD

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Double vote without the ability to vote on the same book twice.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Alright, if anyone wants to tag all known members please do so, don't have the time now and it'd be greatly appreciated.

...Right! So, let's start recommending books. Just like last time, it'd be best if no one here has read the book, yadayadayada, you can recommend the same book you did last time, and in the end you can vote twice, but not for the same book.

Also, non-members can recommend as well, but they can't vote. I'd start, but I have things to do, so anybody can start this off with their recommendation haha.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

@jamescoker1226 @Morgan_R @Aman @Zikara @Sethaniel @FeanorOnForge 

@Swiftstryker @coins @TacocT @Ellabit @Fireplay @11302 @Kwism1127 @bilbo

I'm not sure if it is still space sensitive. Sorry if I missed anyone!

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Thanks madbrad!

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Recommendation Name: The Wandering Fire. 

Author: Guy Gavriel Kay. 

Description: "A mage’s power has brought five university students from our world into a realm where an ancient evil has freed itself from captivity to wreak revenge on its enemies…

The ice of eternal winter has reached out to enshroud Fionavar, the first of all worlds. For the Unraveller has broken free after millennia enchained—and now his terrible vengeance has begun to take its toll on mortals and immortals, mages and warriors, dwarves and the lios alfar, the Children of Light.

Only five men and women of our own world, brought by magic across the Tapestry of worlds to the very heart of the Weaver’s pattern, can hope to wake the allies they so desperately need. Yet none can foretell whether even these beings out of legend have the power to shatter the Unraveller’s icy grip of death upon the land…"

Series: The Fionavar Tapestry. The Wandering Fire is the second entry. 

Genre: Fantasy novel

Publisher: Collins Canada

Publication Date: 1986

Pages: 448

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Title: Deamon

Author: Daniel Suarez

Series: Two part Novel (Daemon and Freedom TM) 

Genre: Techno-Thriller

Pitch (pulled from author's site): "Daemon brings readers on a harrowing journey through the dark crawl spaces of the modern world. It's a cutting-edge high-tech thriller that explores the convergence of MMOG's, BotNets, viral ecosystems, and corporate dominance—forces which are quietly reshaping society with very real consequences for us all.

It all begins when one man's obituary appears online. . .

Matthew Sobol was a legendary computer game designer—the architect behind half a dozen popular online games. His premature death from brain cancer depressed both gamers and his company’s stock price. But Sobol’s fans weren’t the only ones to note his passing. He left behind something that was scanning Internet obituaries, too—something that put in motion a whole series of programs upon his death. Programs that moved money. Programs that recruited people. Programs that killed.

Confronted with a killer from beyond the grave, Detective Peter Sebeck comes face-to-face with the full implications of our increasingly complex and interconnected world—one where the dead can read headlines, steal identities, and carry out far-reaching plans without fear of retribution. Sebeck must find a way to stop Sobol’s web of programs—his Daemon—before it achieves its ultimate purpose. And to do so, he must uncover what that purpose is . . ."

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I'm still backing the highly rated Theft of Swords.

They killed the king. They pinned it on two men. They chose poorly.

There's no ancient evil to defeat or orphan destined for greatness, just unlikely heroes and classic adventure. Royce Melborn, a skilled thief, and his mercenary partner, Hadrian Blackwater, are running for their lives when they're framed for the murder of the king. Trapped in a conspiracy that goes beyond the overthrow of a tiny kingdom, their only hope is unraveling an ancient mystery before it's too late.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

A Good Courage, by Stephanie  S. Tolan.

Story about a guy who's done a bit of cult hopping with his mom, when they end up in a Puritan-esque one, and that's when things slowly spiral down into a struggle to escape the cult after seeing the progressively worse abuses in an increasingly totalitarian environment. But fine, if you want the really shitty synopsis...

"While waiting for his mother to come to her senses in a bizarre commune, Ty realizes that he must make his own way without her and befriends Samarah, a girl who shares his feeling about "The Kingdom". And after much abuse, Ty discovers that he has the courage and inventiveness to escape."

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Since my book was voted for the first time I will abstain from recommending one but I'll vote :)

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

You sure? Haha.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Yeh, no time to research a new one and I'd just say book two of the tapestry.... Which I read right after... It gets awesome, on book 3 now

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Recommendation Name:  The Magic of Recluce

Author: L.E.Modesitt Jr.

Description: 

The Magic of Recluce is a carefully-plotted fantasy novel of character about the growth and education of a young magician.

He is given the standard two options: permanent exile from Recluce or the dangergeld, a complex, rule-lade wandering in the lands beyond Recluce with the aim of learning how the world works and what his place in it might be. Many do not survive. He chooses the dangergeld.

Though magic is rarely discussed openly in Recluce, it becomes clear that he has a natural talent for it during his lessons on the dangergeld. And he will need magic in the lands beyond, where the power of the Chaos Wizards reigns unchecked. He must learn to use his powers in an orderly way or fall prey to Chaos.

Lerris may resent order, but he has no difficulty choosing good over evil. As he begins his lonely journey, he falls into the company of a gray magician, once of Recluce, who tutors him in the use of magic and shows him some of the devastation caused by the Chaos Wizards in the great wars between Chaos and Order of past times.

Lerris pursues a quest for knowledge and power that leads him across strange lands, through the ghostly ruins of the old capitol of Chaos, down the white roads of the Chaos Wizards to a final battle with an archenemy of Order, discovering in the end true control of magic, true love, and the beginning of true wisdom.*

Series: The Sage of Recluce (Book 1)(2nd to last book chronologically)

Genre: Fantasy

Pages: 512 pages

*Stolen from Amazon but altered to not be so big and sound better. Cause I'm mostly lazy. :p

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner

Summary: It's a story of- wait for it- a thief. He is offered freedom in exchange for stealing something that no one is sure actually exists, the stone said to be a gift to humanity from one of the gods. 

Genre: Fantasy

pages: approximately 224

It's a simple but well-written book. With a grecian/renaissance setting.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Recommending 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke.

When an enigmatic monolith is found buried on the moon, scientists are amazed to discover that it's at least 3 million years old. Even more amazing, after it's unearthed the artifact releases a powerful signal aimed at Saturn. What sort of alarm has been triggered? To find out, a manned spacecraft, the Discovery, is sent to investigate. Its crew is highly trained--the best--and they are assisted by a self-aware computer, the ultra-capable HAL 9000. But HAL's programming has been patterned after the human mind a little too well. He is capable of guilt, neurosis, even murder, and he controls every single one of Discovery's components. The crew must overthrow this digital psychotic if they hope to make their rendezvous with the entities that are responsible not just for the monolith, but maybe even for human civilization.

Genre: Sci-Fi

About 221 pages, mattering on version.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Okay. So here's the deal with the trophy that I talked about.

I've e-mailed Alex and I think it's probably doable (but I can't say for sure). In order for this to be trophy worthy though, I'd like to see a little more structure. I'd like to see some serious discussion and in depth analysis and people really getting into it.

I'd also like to reccomend Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I'll have a big analysis up on Sunday for my part. Once I'm not in a Beta test.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Beta test?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Early game testing. Beta is normally the last stage of development.

He said he was testing Destiny.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I don't follow. Destiny isn't something you can test.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

He's too busy to put substantial time into this?

Actually, I'm lost too.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I'm playing a game called 'Destiny' a couple of months before it's actual release date.

its called beta Testing. Basically a group Of people play the game, mess around and do everything possible to overload or break it then report any bugs they find so it can be fixed before it's actual release.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

OH

I thought you were in the beta stages of testing a drug of some sort. I know a guy who does that sort of thing.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Good money in human drug trials if you pick carefully :)

But haven't done that since Uni lol just occasionally get into Beta tests for computer games

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Best words ever on your gravestone. lol

"He said he was testing Destiny."

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

haha xD

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

5. Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko
They are the "Others," an ancient race of supernatural beings- magicians, shape-shifters, vampires, and healers - who live among us.  Human born, they must choose a side to swear allegiance to - the Dark or the Light - when they come of age.
For a millennium, these opponents have coexisted in an uneasy peace, enforced by defenders like the Night Watch, forces of the Light who guard against the Dark.  But prophecy decrees that one supreme "Other" will arise to spark a cataclysmic war.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Dune, by Frank Herbert. That is all.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

I'm pretty sure you need to officially join before you can start recommending. We are always open if you want in though.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Naw, you can recommend if you're not a member, you can't vote though!

I remember trying to read through dune earlier this year. Couldn't haha. Might want to finally finish it up though.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

got nothin'

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

H.P. Lovecraft’s
“The Thing on the Doorstep”

------=-O-=------

The Thing on the Doorstep

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Yes, I'm Ella. So what book are we deciding on? If we are?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

We are recommending currently. So if you have book you want to recommend, feel free to suggest it.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Well, I was thinking that we could do Ender's Game, or possibly Beautiful Creatures, which I've read a few pages of an seems really good. But then again, being one of the youngest people on this site, I probably have different tastes then you all and should probably just stick to whatever gets recommended. cheeky

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Most people are probably around the same age or younger. I for one, would read both of those books you suggested if they got chosen. You can only suggest one though.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Huh, why the new account?

In theory, you can recommend anything, and if it was voted on then we'd read it. Ender's Game is a popular book, however, and I'd be surprised if more than 2 members haven't read it haha. Might be wrong, of course, but yeah.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

She said she wanted to change her username.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Hm, so then I guess I'll just recommend Beautiful Creatures. :P

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Err, want to, like, set up a blurb for us?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Beautiful Creatures:

Set in the rural South Carolina town of Gatlin, the story begin with sixteen-year-old Ethan Gate's adjustment to life after his mother's untimely death and his father's reclusive reaction to it.

Amma, the housekeeper who keeps a tight rein on Ethan, is something of a character and believer in the occult. Ethan is a realist, dismissing most of Amma's talk of good and bad luck until a new girl named Lena appears at the high school looking and acting like something of a mystery.

It turns out Lena is staying at the local haunted mansion called Ravenswood. When Ethan finally meets Lena, a definite connection is made. It seems he and Lena know each other's thoughts and can "speak" to each other without really speaking.

When Ethan decides to make a surprise visit to Ravenswood, he embarks on a journey that takes both he and Lena back and forth between Gatlin's Civil War past and the present.

Lena's is one in a family of castors, or commonly known as witches. The ensuing story is a fascinating one that ends up involving most of the town, both past and present.

The characterizations are interestingly drawn, providing the glue that overcomes a sometimes weird plot. Although some dealings in the occult occur, the majority of the story focuses on the relationship between Ethan and Lena and the town of Gatlin

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

It's classed as "Teen Paranormal Romance" at the store.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Not one of those things! >_>

XD (thanks Seth)

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Supposedly, this one is different/better than a lot of the others.  (For one, it has a male narrator.)

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

It doesn't sound half bad, surprisingly. 

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Alright, in an hour or two I'll set up a voting page. If anyone wants to recommend anything then now's our last call?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

You gonna... set it up? :P

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

No.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Why not?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Because I like keeping you all waiting.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

>.>

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

He also likes ponies

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Nice to know.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Damnit Forge, that was supposed to just be between you and me :'(

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Bronies cant hide their love!

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Woah, you mean like My Little Pony ponies?

Geeze, the only bronies in real life that I know are twelve. cheeky

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Heh, we arn't really... well Tan may actually be but I don't know...

@Aman is he?

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Duh

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

Aman's mustache is a brony.

True story.

CYS Book Club!

9 years ago

So, we should, like, embrace it? :'(

CYS Book Club!