Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

warriorcats

9 years ago
I know warriorcats isn't popular right now but can you please check it out?? Tell me what you think of it so far. Please

warriorcats

9 years ago

... Uhh... Okay... How shall I put this?

Hey elaine. Drop everything you're doing right now and go read War and Peace. I expect a 500 word review by tomorrow. ^_^

warriorcats

9 years ago
I will try. Lol

warriorcats

9 years ago
Is it the hero's oddessy

warriorcats

9 years ago

It's called war and peace. I would expect you to read the original (in Russian). Its very enlightening.

warriorcats

9 years ago

Hey Briar, go watch the entire first season of Jersey Shore at once. I expect a 1 word review by tomorrow, because it'll be a challenge for you to write that one word after watching shit.

warriorcats

9 years ago
What r u trying to say @coins??

warriorcats

9 years ago

Please no! It burns my eyes! crying

warriorcats

9 years ago
I jnow but I am having trouble finding a good warriorcats fan website.

warriorcats

9 years ago

That's pretty obvious, considering you kind of found the opposite of one here haha

warriorcats

9 years ago
I have looked and I am going to look again.

warriorcats

9 years ago
And I choose none of them but, I won't stop liking warriorcats

warriorcats

9 years ago
I think I found one.

warriorcats

9 years ago

I was referring to Jersey Shore... But just to be helpful (and I have no idea why I'm still trying to be serious) you can't just go onto a random website and say "I can't find a decent Warrior Cats fan-site, so I've decided to convert this website into one! Everybody forget about your own personal hobbies and interests and start reading Warrior Cats books. After that, you can all join my Warrior Cats RP and we can make awesome Warrior Cats games... Also somebody should probably talk to alexp about changing the name of the site to "Choose Your Warrior Cat.com" ... This is going to be so much fun!" cheeky

warriorcats

9 years ago

Damn it, Briar! You can't let her know we're onto her! Once she realizes she has no more use for us...

Well... Warrior Cats fans don't LEAVE loose ends. 

warriorcats

9 years ago

Reading in between the lines, here. 

"THE DARK GODS OF WARRIOR CATS DEMAND THIS SITE BE SACRIFICED TO SATISFY THEIR STRANGE DESIRES." 

warriorcats

9 years ago

"I know warriorcats isn't popular right now but can you please check it out?"

If you know that it's not popular then you also know that it's highest improbable that anyone is going to check it out...Which means you are just wasting our time here. 

warriorcats

9 years ago

Are you talking about your own story? Because there is nothing on there to review xD

warriorcats

9 years ago

The Warrior Cats was well designed for a childrens series. It encorporated betrayal, love, anguish, detailed gore, and several other things. The cat's; if you could look past the occasionaly reminder of it's child-base were believeable.

TVtropes.org puts it quite well I think. I've read the books when I was young and they were one of my favorite series. I finished the final Omen-Book near the end of last year. The Ending was... strange and to me, arupt. But it was a good ending anyway.

"[In this book series, cats run wild in large family groups, fighting each other, falling in love, and worshiping their starry ancestors.

Those of you expecting sweet little stories about cats lazing about licking each other and falling in love are in for quite a shock (although that happens too, of course). The books are quite mature, thanks in part to Erin Hunter's Anyone Can Die policy, and the series can be quite graphic, as the characters face certain death and possible annihilation at least once a series, and, early on, usually once a book. They also grapple with questions of faith, loyalty, honor, and responsibility on a very regular basis. These books are about as child-friendly asWatership Down.

Yet kids are the target audience.]"

warriorcats

9 years ago

Anyone can die policy? ... I love those! ^_^

warriorcats

9 years ago

There's a slightly noticable difference with the Power of Three+Omen of the Stars since the prophecy cats never die. (Though they get really close many times.)

warriorcats

9 years ago

Really close doesn't count... Neither does dying and then coming back to life again. cheeky

warriorcats

9 years ago

Yeah, they really child-proofed it towards the latest series, which is absolute garbage. I don't dislike the first four books, they're decent enough for children's books, but now it's just...

shit.  It reads like a Disney cartoon. 

warriorcats

9 years ago

Firestar dies after literally forever. By the time he dies you just accepted that his was an immortal plot-cat so it's an interesting surprise when it happens. lol

warriorcats

9 years ago

@elaine 

literally http://forums.warriorcats.com/

warriorcats

9 years ago

Already mentioned the site before in her RP-signup thread.