Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 1/26/2017: Yes
This feature was completed 1/29/2017: Done

Notification Option Under "My Stuff"

9 years ago

Although I'm not positive as to whether or not this actually exists, I suggest an easy (at least to the people using it) method of finding notifications-especially those of the past-or seeing watched/watching threads that does not involve the usual alert at the top of the page. If I ever want to find my notifications, or my watched threads, I only get the alert, which can kind of be inconvenient at times.

With this option for notifications/watch list under "My Stuff," I think it would be nice. But, if this option already exists (either under the old site skin or the new one [My computer always converts back to the old one]), can someone tell me how to access it?

9 years ago
Can you clarify? I'm not sure what function you're describing for notifications.

9 years ago

It's not accessible in the interface, I don't think, but you could always bookmark this.

9 years ago

There is a pretty simple method for this, that doesn't require a bookmark.

Step 1: Go to 'My Stuff'

Step 2: Go to 'Messages'

Step 3: Click the 'Click here' link.

9 years ago

I don't think there is a way, though, to see a list of which threads you're currently watching.  That would be nice. But not necessary.

9 years ago

Yeah, that would be good. I wish they had that. 

9 years ago

Am I the only one who uses the url? *Sobs in corner for minutes"I HAVE NO FRIEEENNNDDSSS!!!"

Just when you're on the chooseyourstory home just add /my/notifications to the url.

9 years ago

It's much easier going to the link :p

9 years ago

You know weed... just because you have flimsy roots so you can't type doesn't mean other people can't.

9 years ago

I will eat your brother from china if you aren't careful! *Grabs packet of Noodles from China*

9 years ago

That son of a bitch knock off... you're doing me a favor.

9 years ago

*Chomps down Noodles* I'm glad to!

9 years ago

If there were a way to organize notifications by type, this would be fantastic. Sometimes I miss a tag, because there are so many 'new posts in a thread you're watching.' If you go to the 'notifications' page, the alert system is appeased, and you may never know about the most important ones unless you accidentally stumble across them while surfing the forums.

9 years ago

I occosionally miss them as well but you should just check them, to see if you missed any.