Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Any recommendations for web/iOS games?

9 years ago

I've played a bunch of CoG titles, Sorcery!, Around the World in 80 Days, A Dark Room... what else is out there, in text-heavy games accessible via my phone? I have a cold and don't feel like getting out of bed at the moment. :P

9 years ago

King of Dragon Pass, iOS  Resource-managing high fantasy sim with CYOA interludes.

Trial of the Clone, iOS CYOA from the guy who brought you SMBC

Lost Pig: IF You are an orc looking for a pig.

For a Change: IF The sun is gone. It must be brought.  You have a rock.

9 years ago

I don't think I have the patience for parser based IF on a phone. I'll definitely take a look at the first two, though -- Thanks! ^_^

9 years ago

Meanwhile: iOS, a CYOA where you pick comic book panels instead of text

Life of a Wizard: iOS CYOA, you're a wizard dictating your autobiography

9 years ago

"Out There" is text based/resource management game where you're lost in space and trying to get back home. Mysteries unfold as you struggle to manage your fuel, oxygen and ship structure.

Just about anything by Tinman Games. They do Fighting Fantasy book remakes, but they also have their own original set of Gamebook series with its own world. (All of these are all similar to the Sorcery! series with dice rolling and stats involved)

9 years ago

If you're ok with unfinished games, I actually prefer these to most of COG's published titles:

Blood For Poppies

A Jinni of the Seven Winds

When In Rome

Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster

Team Zero

Otherwise, I guess I'd just recommend trying out all of the free games on the COG website if you haven't already. As for COGs that aren't free, I'm not sure which you've played, but I'd especially recommend (in this order): Choice of Robots, Tin Star, Slammed!, Zombie Exodus, Sabres of Infinity, Mecha Ace, Paradox Factor, Life of a Mobster, Choice of Kung Fu, Choice of the Star Captain and The Heroes Rise Trilogy.

9 years ago

Even though you stated you don't like Z-reader-based games on a phone, I can definitely recommend the free app 'Frotz'. You get a practically unlimited list of IF games, from classic Zork to more obscure titles like Spider and Web. Really fun/frustrating way to pass time.

9 years ago

Finally beat that farking game, yay!

9 years ago

Have you played A Dark Room?

9 years ago

Er, yes. And I said so in my first post. ;P

9 years ago

... Fuck.

9 years ago

Banshee's Last cry. Best text game i played on my ios device. It's greatness!