Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Who here has played Yugioh before?

8 years ago

I've played it for three years now, and it's pretty fun. I don't do it as much nowdays, but I was wondering if anyone else here plays the game.

8 years ago

When I was in kindergarten I was really into it (card game). Nowadays I do basically nothing except occasionally play a yugioh gameboy game that I never got around to finishing. 

The tv show's pretty fun to rewatch on netflix.

8 years ago

The video games? Definitely. I still own a couple of them. I was a huge fan of the series as a kid. If you mean the actual card game, though, then no. I've never played it. I played the Pokemon TCG, Magic The Gathering, and Redemption, and I own a few cards from TCGs that I couldn't find anyone to play with me, but that's about it.

8 years ago
Victory Dragon FTW.
Victory Dragon wins everytime.

8 years ago

Victory dragon seems strong, but it's effect is kinda useless unless you're playing an official game.

8 years ago

I played a lot of the games and to this day I still own a deck from when I was way younger. So yeah, I guess I like it.

8 years ago

I played it once because my friend told me how to get Exodia every time, and he let me use his big plastic Yugio arm thing. Then I foolishly challenged the other kid who was there at the time, didn't get Exodia, and won by technicality by spamming  convenient trap cards until he quit because he never got to use his favorite monster.

8 years ago
Victory Dragon?

8 years ago

This might have been before victory dragon was a thing, we were really young at the time. Then again, I'd only know a card's age if you showed me one of the really old ones and put it alongside one of the cards they invented for Yugio GX...

8 years ago

Oh, it was WELL before GX. I got it out of an issue of Shonen Jump.

Loved GX, though.

I USE POLYMERIZATION TO FUSE FLAME WINGMAN WITH SPARKMAN TO CREATE ELEMENTAL HERO SHINING FLARE WINGMAN!

8 years ago

It was fun when I was 12 to 14 would have played longer if I had someone to play it with.

8 years ago

Had Yugioh cards back than, and watched the shows. But not understanding the rules of the game, I just packed my deck with all of the strongest monsters I could find. Especially the ones from the show if I remember, like Black Magician and Blue Eye's the Dragon. (Something like that.)

8 years ago

*Blue Eyed White Dragon. :P

8 years ago

I did play it on a regular-ish basis a few years ago but I don't think I ever played according to the official rules. Me and my sister adapted from the manga and anime and it played well so I reckon it was close.

8 years ago
I collected the cards, never learned how to play I just liked the artwork and the idea of having a really impressive deck. I still have some of the rare cards I kept - they're in terrible condition but I still have them no less. I'm more into MTG now - at least I know how to play but I still prefer to be a collector than a player. (I'm really excited because I'm a few instants away from having a full mythic-rare deck :D)

8 years ago

Last year, I played an absolute shitload of it on that online version of Yu-Gi-Oh (can't remember the name of it), as well as with my one friend who actually had cards irl. It's really quite enjoyable, especially when you get to decimate your enemies with three Blue-Eyes :P Although I don't really like modern Yu-Gi-Oh so much. Too much bullshit summoning which makes the game too predictable. 

I had a game when I was, like, 7; in fact it's still in my cupboard XD But I can't play it because I don't have a Game Boy. I liked the TV show, though after the first season (with Yugi and Kaiba), I didn't see it. Also, abridged! :P

8 years ago
"When Kaiba smiles, a puppy dies."

8 years ago

But it's the most goddamn SEXY smile I've ever seen! (Mind you, this is coming from a perfectly straight, fully-functional male human being. I think all the RP characters has gotten to my head...)

But seriously, Kaiba is the best character. 

8 years ago
"Mokuba, speak to me!"

"Bulbasaur!"

The only gameplay that I really liked was GX. It just improved everything.

8 years ago

Psh. Screw Kaiba, Yami (aka Atem) FTW.

8 years ago

I used to play the game so much, but these days I practically only play once a month on dueling network.