Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

School Murals

8 years ago
Does anyone else have them at their school? Today I took 61 pictures of all the murals throughout the school, each one a different mural or at least a different section of a mural that was too big for just a single picture. Most of them are floor-to-ceiling ones, and there's at least a few that are designed to look like a hole in the wall. There's currently two being painted.

One of my favorites is one of the norse tree of life, Yggdrasil. And a peaceful looking hammock strung between two palm trees on a beach at sunset. A few of the trippy ones, those black&white things that hurt your head if you look at them too long. Out of them all, my absolute favorite is one that wraps around a little island building, all connected, yet completely unrelated at the same time.

If you do have them, what kind? How many? What do they depict? (or if there's more then you can count, what are a few that stood out to you?)

School Murals

8 years ago

I have a few around my school depicting various educational subjects. But, none of them sound as cool as yours.

School Murals

8 years ago

Funny you mention this, saw a swastika and white power tagged in green on our school parking lot. It had something to do with a kid being suspended for racist statements, school staff is hush about it though.. 

School Murals

8 years ago
There's some red spray paint on the walls of two classrooms that depict a swastika and a dick respectively.

School Murals

8 years ago

What? No dick-swastikas?

School Murals

8 years ago

Once back in middle school near the entrance where all the school buses dropped off the black kids, someone spray painted “niger’s door” across the double doors and yes, they spelled it wrong.

I just so happened to also go through that door myself since my locker was closer to that side of the school, at which point a bunch of black kids shouted “Can’t you read, this says this is our door!”

School Murals

8 years ago

Sometimes, racist jokes do tell themselves.

School Murals

8 years ago

As in the Republic of Niger?

School Murals

8 years ago

Cows.

School Murals

8 years ago

At college in the art block the walls have been painted with pictures by the art students, and by the canteen there is a graffiti wall. There were more at my primary school. And do carvings count?

School Murals

8 years ago

At my school, they just plaster eagle heads all over the place. 

School Murals

8 years ago

'Murica!

School Murals

8 years ago

My high school had them all over. A couple of the ones I remember:  a narrow hallway to a storage closet was painted like the inside of King Tut's tomb; one of the stairwells had an MC Escher staircase.

I did one of SCIENCE!! in the chemistry classroom.  (part of a team, not by myself, I'm not that talented)

Niels Bohr, the evolution of atomic models, the periodic table.

. . . it made certain tests kind of easy XD

School Murals

8 years ago

Ive seen roughly two at my school, one in the main high school hallway, and one in the elementary hallway.