Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

BZ's Summer Slam Contest Results!

6 years ago

1st Place Titan goes to AzBaz for Frameshift

2nd Place Super Hero goes to Ogre11 for Spy Mission
3rd Place Vigilante goes to EbonVasilis for A Chosen Hero
4th Place Sidekick goes to Saika for A Pleasant Shopping Trip

Special Thanks to EndMaster, Killa_Robot, and Will11 for helping to tally the results - and to the many creative Cohorts who also participated!

Some Interesting Sidenotes -

<*> No Entry was in the Top 3 Rankings of all four Judges
<*> 1st Place beat out 2nd Place by only a single point
<*> The Top 3 Winners were each in the Top 3 Rankings for three out of four Judges
<*> Fourth Place was in the Top 5 Rankings of three out of the four Judges
<*> Everyone else was hit or miss with the Judging

Not sure what the next Contest will bring or who will step up to run it – but again, thanks for the awesome turnout on this one!

Congrats Winners! ^v^

6 years ago

Big congrats to AzBaz and Ogre11 for winning first and second place. I haven't quite had a chance to read the rest of the entries, but those two will be on the top of my list. 

Thanks to the judges for going through all of that reading, and a special thanks to Berka for hosting all of this. 

The only thing I'm left wondering is what the individual rankings were...not that the judges have to share them, of course.

6 years ago

This is what I had.

1. Frameshift by AzBaz
2. Gemstone Swords by Eric
3. A Chosen Hero by Ebon
4. Spy Mission by Ogre
5. The Exploits of Fail Man by Royal Ghost

Now the funny thing is I actually meant to put Rom’s story for 5th place, but for whatever reason I forgot and put Royal’s story instead and didn’t realize it until after I sent the picks to Berka.

I thought about sending Berka another PM to make the switch, but then I figured it probably wasn’t going to make a difference one way or another.

In any case, Rom probably would have gotten first place from me if his story had been longer and I think I must be the only person who likes Eric’s stories. I think I’ve had him in third or second place for every recent contest he’s participated in.

6 years ago
Gemstone Swords made it into my top 5.

6 years ago

This made me kind of happy and then kind of sad.

6 years ago

Well I am glad at least one person likes my stories and if I have the time, I will take one day to work on Gemstone Swords as it is the closest of all my stories to be full finished. Of course, there is plenty of work to be done but for now, it stays up until I find a day to take it down and patch it up.

6 years ago

Congratuverylations to Saika, Ebon, Ogre, and a huge congratulations to AzBaz. You all made wonderful storygames!

6 years ago
Awesome I'm really happy with that :) I'm pretty pushed for time at the moment but I will get around to reading all of the other contest stories and look forward to them.

Big thanks to all the judges and Berka for hosting the contest and well done to everyone who submitted!

I'm actually going to take down Frameshift immediately to work on it until it's more like how I hoped it would turn out. There will be more hidden variables to track things like strength and morality, which will change fight outcomes and the story ending and make it generally harder to complete. Unfortunately I didn't have much time to proofread, so I'll be getting rid of the many bugs it has. Thanks to everyone for their feedback!

EDIT: Sorry to the 3 people with save files.

6 years ago
Yup, Mizal, Jr. ;)

6 years ago

Congrats to AzBaz and Ogre! This was a really close one. And well done to everyone else who participated, I really enjoyed reading everyone's stories.

6 years ago
Congrats to everyone who managed to enter, and thank you, judges, for the time to do the reading and the rankings!

And big congrats, @AzBaz for the big win!

6 years ago

Nice job to everyone who placed in the competition!laugh

6 years ago
Great job guys!

6 years ago

Congrats guys!

6 years ago
I was really impressed by the high quality of the submissions and slightly intimidated by the high number of fantastic authors we have on the site :D I rated this:

1. Spy Mission by Ogre11
2. Frameshift by AzBaz
3. A Chosen Hero by EbonVasilis
4. A Pleasant Shopping Trip by Saika
5. Goliath’s Fall by Romulus

I like Ogre11's stories because they are extremely close to the traditional Choose your own Adventure format but I thought what AzBaz did was incredible. Of the rest it was tough choosing but these four were the ones I liked the most. I'm looking forward to the next writing competition and wish I had more time to hang out on this awesome site :D

6 years ago
Thanks for the kind words, Will! Indeed, I will admit, I loved those original books, and that's what always inspire me to write stories here.

6 years ago

Congrats to everyone who placed!

6 years ago
Thanks judges who took the time to read all these stories. I know the temptation to skim and skip paragraphs was high, so again, thanks for taking the time to read all of these.

6 years ago

Congratulaaaaaaaaaaations! ^_^ It's been fun watching everyone go through this contest~ I hope ya'll join the next contest. *nods* I will read them soon (after I finish the ones from last contest... *mumbles*).

6 years ago

Though there is not much point to doing this, I'll still congratulate the submitting writers and the judges. Many of 2017's best storygame came out of this contest. :)
Nonetheless, I believe first and second place are fully aware of their grand works.

AzBaz, enjoy your shiny trophy.

6 years ago
Congratulations to the winners and everyone who wrote a story for the first time :)

6 years ago
@AzBaz ; @Ogre11

Congrats!

6 years ago

Oh and a big thanks to @mizal because of her motivating me. It was her boasting about her taking first place that spurred me into action, and thus I was able to contribute to the sight in a more direct way than commenting on stories. For this I tip my hat to mizal. 

6 years ago

Ayy. ^_^ Nice work!