Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Story Titles

6 years ago

Any way to get a story title that's already used on another story? The story in question was unpublished for having too low a rating, yet, as it still exists, prevents me from using the same title.

Story Titles

6 years ago

From what I know, no, there is no way for you to get the title yourself.

I mean, technically speaking, an admin could edit the story so it has a different title. However I'm sure you can see why that might be a questionable course of action.

If the story was unpublished ages ago, and the author hasn't been active in forever, I imagine if an admin really wants to do you a favour, then it might happen.
However it tends to be easier to just leave that title forever in limbo, since from what I gather there aren't any actual rules regarding title editing by admins, and it becoming a thing that people expect to happen would be adding extra, unnecessary work for admins.

Anyway, someone else might know more regarding this.
Personally, I suggest first writing your story, then begging an admin to help you give it the title it deserves (since there is little point in giving you the title now, just so you have it, since if you don't finish the story, the title will just remain in limbo).

TL;DR
I don't think it'll happen, but I suppose if an admin wants to be nice it could happen (given the unpublished story definitely isn't still being worked on).