Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

New Year’s Eve, and/or Resolutions

6 years ago

Anyone have any fun plans for tonight, or any resolutions that will take effect when 2017 rolls over into 2018? 

My dojo does a New Year’s Eve practice, so I’ll be there meditating from 11:55 to 12:05. And throwing/being thrown during the rest of the 11:30-12:30 practice, of course.

Resolution-wise... ehh. Haven’t decided yet. Might make some kind of (very low) daily wordcount goal. Haven’t explicitly failed at writing in a while, maybe it’s time to give it another go. ;P

6 years ago

I have mad plans for tonight. They involve going to bed and sleeping.

6 years ago

Always a good option! ^_^

6 years ago

My resolution is to regain the fun I used to get from writing. Nowadays it's just so... boring. There's no passion involved.

6 years ago

Sorry to hear. Any specific ideas for how to change that?

6 years ago

Writing a 500-word story segment every week for the entire new year.

6 years ago

That seems more like determination than fun, but whatever works for you, I guess... and I’m certainly in no position to really comment. ;P

6 years ago

Going to see a movie, then I'll go to bed and sleep I guess. 

6 years ago

Sleep is always a good choice. Hope you enjoy your movie!

6 years ago

I plan to chat with people, play video games, and groan at the idea of shoveling even MORE snow tomorrow.

CYS Related New Year's Resolutions: I have a storygame scheduled to be finished in early February, another at the end of February/early March, anther at the end of March, and a large project in July. But, of course, that may not happen. :D Also, reading/rating all the storygames.

Non-CYS Related Resolutions: Losing ~2 lbs, getting Mastery 7 Ahri on League, getting 5s on my AP exams, getting 1550+ on the new SAT, getting more fluent in Chinese (so I can read something like an article more easily), and being the valedictorian at school.

6 years ago

Impressive!

6 years ago

Gonna play board games with the family and eat dinner, then get baked and work on my contest entry all night probably. 

6 years ago

Isn’t the December challenge over at midnight? Sounds like a good plan otherwise...

6 years ago

It's extended until the seventh my dude

6 years ago

Oh nice. Best of luck, then! ^_^

6 years ago

jfc what a terrible mistake. canada is so cold my god 

6 years ago

Currently my attention is split between watching Pulp Fiction and dicking around on here. After Pulp Fiction is over I'm probably gonna head out for a late night walk, and settle in sometime before or after midnight. Don't have any real resolutions this year except maybe finally writing and publishing a storygame.

EDIT: AND I FUCKIN DID IT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, FOUR TIMES OVER IN FACT

6 years ago

Finish shamelssly spamming my snapchat with a party I attended and spend two hours finishing stardew valley.

6 years ago

6 hours and 11 minutes into 2018 so far - still seems as shitty as the last, seeing as how I'm back at work already.

Oh well, time to hook my laptop up and continue the map of They are Billions I started yesterday... 

6 years ago
Other than my writing related stuff I don't know what resolutions I should do, over the last couple of months things worked out to pretty much 100% destress my life and everything is perfect now?

6 years ago

Well Happy New Year Everyone

6 years ago

Happy New Year to you as well! ^-^ 

6 years ago

Happy New Year :D

E: Charbucks lol

6 years ago

Well, it's past now, but I my mum had the bad idea of leaving the house empty, so I had a massive birthday party and wrecked the joint. Went pretty well, all things considered. Got to smoke a grand ol' cigar, finally got around to trying ketamine and generally went fucking mental. Even ended up playing chess and checkers at six in the morning, where a surprisingly competent junkie managed to hand my ass to me until the board was knocked over. Good time all around, really, grand craic.

As for resolutions, I don't have any, because I don't like change and am very content with things the way they are, and see no reason to start shifting things around.

6 years ago
'I'm very content with the way things are, which is why I do everything possible to alter my perception of them or just drink till I pass out and forget it all at every opportunity.'

6 years ago

Well, my life is pretty much just entirely altered perceptions, which is pretty goddamn amazing, so who needs anything else?

6 years ago

There was no fun night had for me, I simply made sure to be on my best behavior.

My goal was working enough so that I could afford breast reduction surgery, but now I abandoned that notion. Some pals got together and showed me the outcome of such a thing for the girl on that modern family show.

I don't think wanting to self mutilate was a decent idea to be heading into a new year anyhow. Was also tired of hearing arguments like "it's like a guy willingly nerfing his cock!"

Besides that I'm not one for resolutions since I've personally seen so many people be wishy-washy about those sorts of things, and at times needed occasional reminding at their request before they ultimately just drop it.

In any case I guess there's a silver lining with people not complaining and whining about how the past year was the "worst eva!" Buuuut, people often do tend to like finding new things to complain about anyway.

It's not anything new but I suppose I'll just continue learning how to vbake pastries on my free time. :3

6 years ago

I'm going to continue working diligently at school! Not very glitzy, I know.

My resolution is to become confident and skilled enough to try commissioning my doodles. I'm also working on an animation thingy for fun, as well as a cute game or whatever. 

I started off my year by watching the Tintin movie with friends and then promptly countering all the quality entertainment we had just experienced with way more episodes of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show/ Legend of Zelda than any good, sane human being should.

6 years ago

That's a brilliant start to the year. x'D 

6 years ago

Getting a sixpack that doesn't contain alcohol, beer belly or otherwise.

6 years ago

Swift! It’s been ages, how’ve you been? Besides having gotten fat. XD

6 years ago

Seems like a good goal.