Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

hi

4 years ago

Hi howdy

hi

4 years ago

Howdy partner. I would have thought your first post would be a bit more poetic. 

hi

4 years ago

True, it was my original intent, however, I was unsure of the deposition of the chat so I went with the standard greeting one would make as a "noob". ;) 

hi

4 years ago

welcome

hi

4 years ago

Why thank you my loquacious acquaintance. 

hi

4 years ago
Hello. Welcome to the site. I do hope you enjoy your time here.

hi

4 years ago

Thank you very much, I am now finding these are a challange to make and it's now dawning on me on how much effort some people put into their stories, like some of yours, it's quite admirable. 

hi

4 years ago
Thanks very much! Indeed, writing CYOAs really is very different from just writing a story -- and there's many, many ways to attempt it.

hi

4 years ago

that there is, I attempted to use items and variables but after reading a few tips the sight and some others provide, it still made my head spin, but I'm goint to keep persisting, because I know when I get it and do it for a while, it will seem childish that I couldn't understand it before.

hi

4 years ago
And there are a number of people who have really worked to figure out what you can and cannot do with code, script, and items -- so you can always post specific questions in the advanced editor forum and often get very quick replies.

hi

4 years ago

I may need to do that, I want to make fun stories but I don't want it to be broken, a streamline interface and good story is what people want to read, and that is my goal.

hi

4 years ago
You should check out the Creative Corner so we can see the great poetry guy in motion.

hi

4 years ago

I will be happy to share some of my poetry!

hi

4 years ago
Welcome to CYS, Castor,
I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Yes, it's truly a gem,
you should've come faster!

Go read stuff by EndMaster,
trust me, it'll be fun!
And don't be retarded,
or you'll face disaster!

You disappointed me greatly by not making your introduction a poem, but here, have this shitty thing anyway.

hi

4 years ago

I thought you did well in the constructing of your peom. I was going to do a Shakespearean sonnet to open this chat, but, not knowing how you guys would respond to it, I went with more of a "noob" style of entry. And I really did enjoy your poem, not shitty in the slighest!!

hi

4 years ago

Hello

hi

4 years ago

Salutations 

hi

4 years ago

I am still in disbelief that your introduction isn’t a poem. Also, try Love SICK by EndMaster. And Eternal. And Necromancer. In fact, read all of his stories and then become a member of his fanclub. 

hi

4 years ago

I shall grant you all this request then, my poem is an ode to a species of reptile that is near and dear to my heart, the humble turtle. 

hi

4 years ago

Ode to the Turtle Tiny Tim

My tiny turtle, you inspired me to love.
How I love the way you eat, walk, and laugh,
Remebering those who watch from above,
And those wanting to get your autograph.

Let me compare you to a nonmember?
You move more proudly, wisely and slowly.
Dense fogs hide the oceans of November,
And autumntime has the bravely rowley.

How does one love you? Let me show the ways.
I love your ancient eyes, fins and shell.
Thinking of your stubby fins fills my days.
My love for you is the stoic adele.

You must away Tim for you hold my heart,
Forget not these words whilst we're apart.

hi

4 years ago

Hi Castor! ... Is that the same Timy Tim from the nursery rhyme; I knew a Tiny Turtle, his name was Tiny Tim, I put him in the bathtub to see if he could swim? ^_^

hi

4 years ago

Technically....yes. I named Timmy after the song so yes, he was.

hi

4 years ago

Yey! Timmy is a good name for a turtle. laugh

hi

4 years ago

He was a galapagos tortoise, and I love oxymorons soooo

hi

4 years ago

You're an oxy-moron!!! ... Sorry, I always feel an uncontrolable urge to yell that every time somebody uses the word oxymoron. cheeky

hi

4 years ago

Lol, my friend is majoring in english and he despises it when my friends call him that.

hi

4 years ago
I had no idea turtles could laugh.
"Remebering those who watch from above," a typo! Shame, shame on you!
"Dense fogs hide the oceans of November,
And autumntime has the bravely rowley." Ok oK, fancy words and comparisons and shit ... but how is that related to the turtle? And is rowley a word?
"I love your ancient eyes, fins and shell.
Thinking of your stubby fins fills my days." Isn't mentioning fins twice a bit redundant?
"You must away Tim for you hold my heart," Hmm, that doesn't quite make sense ...
It was a fine poem, I guess. I don't know shit about poems. @ShoujoAddict come here and give this newbie fancily worded compliments or something.

hi

4 years ago

Turtles laugh, but you just have to have ADHD or be on cocane (basicly the same thing) to hear it.

What typo? Shame on you for shaming me!

There was the typo, not bravely but brave rowley, his brother (I never though I was going to share this lol)

And it could be if you want it to be, but his fins were so short and funny they're worth mentioning more than once

And he died and I loved him so um, yeah, it makes sense

And thank you for your uh, critisisms? lol

hi

4 years ago
I have never heard of cocane. Is that a new opioid?

hi

4 years ago

Yeah, it's like cocaine, but worse! 

hi

4 years ago
I bet Steve could tell us more about it

hi

4 years ago

Steve?

hi

4 years ago

hi

4 years ago

Aaaaaah, I've read some of his stories, really good author.

hi

4 years ago

Nice Shakespearean sonnet, and good use of tautologies, meter is not the traditional pentameter, though; and fact that each stanza has a varying meter, makes the synchrony a wee bit haywire.

hi

4 years ago

We were making sonnets on nature in last week’s prompt, this would’ve been a nice addition since there are at least vague references to nature. Feel free to post this in that prompt too if you wish.

hi

4 years ago

Thank you, and I was going for the iambic pentameter. But that was a poem I wrote when I just started writing, I just lost my turtle who was supposed to outlive me and I tried to write my grief out

hi

4 years ago

Hm, could you bold the stressed syllables of the first line? Because I think I’m interpreting the meter wrong if you went for iambic pentameter.

This is how I interpreted it.

My tiny turtle, you inspired me to love.

hi

4 years ago
I stress it as "My tiny turtle, you inspired me to love.
Still not pentameter though

hi

4 years ago

Yeah that makes more sense then, this one is at least in iambic form. I always tend to confuse iamb(unstressed-stressed) with trochee(stressed-unstressed)

hi

4 years ago
I keep them straight because the way the names are stressed match, at least how I was taught the pronunciation.

hi

4 years ago

Yeah, it's iambic hexameter.  That's cool too!  Shakespeare does those a few times in his sonnets.  They're sometimes called alexandrines in English.

hi

4 years ago

You know, reading back on it, I really don't see the correct meter either, sorry about that. My counting skill must have failed me obviously.