Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello

3 years ago

Hi, I'm Rebecca. I'm new here.

I would like to write a story, but I think I'm mostly going to read stuff first.

Hello

3 years ago
Probably a good idea. Welcome!

Hello

3 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your time here!

Hello

3 years ago
People who make time to read and rate things are much appreciated, especially if they leave feedback. Lots of writers here kinda starved for attention.

Any genre you prefer? I'm sure somebody can give recommendations.

Hello

3 years ago

At the moment I've been enjoying mysteries, murder mysteries in specific, but I'm pretty cool with most genres. Probably I'd say mostly fantasy, bit of sci-fi maybe? I like stories that focus on their characters, and I also quite like dark themes.

The only genre I can think of right now that I wouldn't like would be romance.

Hello

3 years ago
I guess we'll just suggest you start out in the usual place then, with any fantasy stories by Endmaster. For sci fi, his Ground Zero is also great.

Hello

3 years ago

This one's my favorite mystery right now. http://chooseyourstory.com/story/edithe-zilonis

Hello

3 years ago
I guess I'll mention I Went to the Graveyard too then since I tend to mentally group those two together. It's short and not really presented like a traditional branching story, but it's short, a bit dark and spooky with some beautifully written prose.

Hello

3 years ago

If you want something that is on the shorter side Prometheus Academy is good. The name doesn't give it enough credit.

Hello

3 years ago
I wouldn't call that one short, it's literally novel length word count. Actually not much of a fan of that one though, it's Steve's sloppiest work.

Hello

3 years ago

I suppose when I said short, I was comparing it to Endmaster's lengthy fantasies.

Hello

3 years ago

Welcome to CYS! I hope you enjoy your time here, happy reading!

Hello

3 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions!