Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New to create an account - Looking for an old game

3 years ago

Hi, I'm new to signing on to the website!

I used to randomly play story games on here before, and I wanted to replay one that I have done years ago. I tried searching for it but I'm struggling to try to find it. I'm hoping maybe one of you might know the story I'm talking about and could help me find it. 

The story had you playing as a kid coming home from school and seeing one of their friends enter a haunted house. You then enter the house and are able to explore it and pick up items (backpack, mirror, pill bug, etc.) and you could use these items to open up/solve different puzzles in the house. There was also fantastical elements to the house, like a vampire upstairs, and a witch (I think) downstairs. Something unique I remember about the story is that one of your friends had ebola. I also remember the author created a "cheat sheet" on how to complete the game, as well as there being different endings and ways to die in the story. 

Also, if I posted this in the wrong forum, sorry. Let me know which one I should post to in the future.

If anyone remembers/knows what this story is can you let me know? Thanks! I look forward to being a part of this community!

3 years ago
@Sherbert

Since you read everything so recently, do you recall anything like this?

Assuming the author didn't unpublish it or it didn't otherwise get taken down.

3 years ago

@Sherbet

3 years ago
Wtf, you mean I've had it wrong THIS WHOLE TIME???

e: So that actually is how you spell the dessert too? What?! How is this possible?!

Guys I think there's been some kind of cosmic mistake, this isn't the original universe I came from. We definitely spelled it sherbert there and the username was also that way.

3 years ago

Mandela is simultaneously smiling and dead in prison as we speak. 

3 years ago

@Sorbet

3 years ago

This already got answered, but it definitely sounds like A Game of Life And Death, which I could never beat during my lurking days a few years back.
Not sure why the author would take it down, though, I remember it having quite a good rating.

3 years ago
The author turned out to be a retarded transexual pedo and when the child cult he had was revealed he dipped from the site, stories and all.

3 years ago

Sorry. Kiel took down A Game of Life and Death before leaving the site.
And welcome!

3 years ago

I had a feeling that was the game he was talking about.

3 years ago

While there's been many threads explaining this infamous event, here's one that explains it all while also providing the most updated lulz.

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/24496

3 years ago

Wow, I had no idea... 

Thanks to everyone though for helping me figure this out!