Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

anyone wanna collab?

3 years ago

I'm working on a sci-fi action adventure, but i am not a technical person. I know how to write the things, the lore in mind, etc. anyone interested? Totally okay if not, but thanks anyway.

anyone wanna collab?

3 years ago

That usually never works out.

If you know how to do the writing then do the writing by yourself.

anyone wanna collab?

3 years ago
We get these requests a lot. They don't tend to go anywhere.

It might help if you had at least a couple of pages written that you could share, or were otherwise established on the site. That way if someone really was interested in a collab project they would have a better idea of what they're committing too.

But most of the active forum population are usually buried in their own projects and not willing to put the time in for a complete unknown. As I said, these usually go nowhere, and there's the issue of potentially putting in a lot of work that will be mostly credited to someone else who will also have all editing power.

anyone wanna collab?

3 years ago
Moved to writing workshop since this had nothing to do with the advanced editor itself.

anyone wanna collab?

3 years ago

anyone wanna collab?

3 years ago
Wow. Are you aware today is my birthday? Yeah, I bet you feel bad now...

anyone wanna collab?

3 years ago
Aw, I would have waited till tomorrow had I known.

Hope you had a nice one though ^v^

Seriously, that thread has enlightened me. The problem with those sort of things is not participation, but the disassociation everyone shares.

Even my own post.

Everyone just keeps adding elements, but they will never be tied together in any meaningful way and nothing will every be solved. The stakes just keep going up exponentially, but go nowhere.

At least when you write something yourself, you can build to something, and make everything that leads up to it mean something.

anyone wanna collab?

3 years ago
If you don't use that thread to practise and stretch out Gower's newest grammar article, you are using the thread wrong.

anyone wanna collab?

3 years ago

Happy birthday!

anyone wanna collab?

3 years ago
happy birthday

anyone wanna collab?

3 years ago

Happy birthday!

anyone wanna collab?

3 years ago

Happy birthday!