Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 6/27/2006: not at this time -- maybe once traffic increases.

Charma

17 years ago

Underneath your name there is a charma button.  Above the button is a number. Your own button is invisible to you.  You can press one button per day.

Pressing someones button adds one charma to the number which is their charma level.  There would be a second button beneath it, to remove one cahrma, you cant press both buttons, just one button a day.

Charma

17 years ago

I think it's spelled karma, but for all I know there could be alternate spellings.

It sounds interesting, but what would the point be besides being a popularity contest?

I can imagine person A getting mad at person B, so said person A either creates alternate usernames or gets his/her friends to sign up in order to 'karma-bomb' person B.

Charma

17 years ago
Just a sign of who is the most "nice" person.  Why not?  What are mag points for currently?  The site is a popularity contest.  Wnad whats stopping me from creating fifteen accounts and giving JJJ 15 accounts.

Charma

17 years ago
giving JJJ 15 accounts. -- should have been points sorry.

Charma

17 years ago

Heh heh.  I have a differnt way.  Just like Mag points are distributed by the computer (and alexp), why not let the computer choose KARMA as it's called.  Charma isn't how it's spelled.  Try looking for Karma at sites like Warriors2 and Newgrounds.

Some ways to get good Karma would be getting a game that has a 5 or more on it's rating.  Helping out noobs/newbs could be another way but that would have to be decided somehow, like mabey a button that others could press if they think somebody helped out one.  4 people would have to press it though and they'd have to have over 50 MAG pts.  That would be one way.

Another way, and the way Newgrounds does it, is that they let the user decide and it affects a background of an image you see when you go and look at there profile.

I don't know.  I'm just tossing ideas around.

Charma

17 years ago
No.  Then theyre just Mag Points.  Karma is decided by other users.  If you press teh up karma on someones profile, then the karma goes up.  However you only get one press a day.  Thats what the idea is.  Not pseudo MAG poitns.

Charma

17 years ago
or mby mods/admins get 2 a day. Also you should tyink b4 you talk.  "It only works if you have 50 mag points or not" - IF YOU HAVE 50 MAG POINT, YOU PROBABLY ARNT A NEWBIE!!

Charma

17 years ago
So what happens if you get a lot of karma points?

Charma

17 years ago
Your known as a nice guy who helps people out.  Its also like a flag for newbies.  Go to the people with high Karma.