Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Sweet 16

2 years ago

On June 16....not much of interest has ever happened. I looked, because I wanted something dramatic to make this thread about.

Instead I'll just mention that it was my birthday. I turned 16 on June 16, 2021. (6 +1+6 +2+1=16 incidentally.)

One of the biggest things to happen is that I can get a job now. It might seem odd to be so excited about this, but I've had an offer for awhile from a couple that runs a boarding kennel and shelter I've volunteered at before. They go to our church so I've known them a long time, and they're great people that have a lot of compassion for animals. It took a lot of convincing for my mom to agree and it depends on my grades not being harmed by this, but I am so happy about this and know it will be work I enjoy.

Another benefit is that I'll have more time away from home to work on my storygame the way I've wanted to. I feel disappointed in myself for my progress so far and my lack of participation on the site in other ways, and I hope to make up for it soon. This is a very big project, maybe too big for someone relatively new, but I'm determined to make it happen.

I also will try to be an idiot on the forum less. (I'm not sure if this thread means a success or failure...)

Sweet 16

2 years ago
Hey, but Holland banned the color orange! That's exciting!

Cool site, I'm going to browse around it more later. I noticed you got your birthday points on the 14th though. If you're just going to change it randomly you might as well pick a more entertaining historical date. June 11 starts off prestigiously for instance with Troy being sacked.

Anyway, happy belated birthday and hope you can be around more. I know you've mentioned a lot of plans on and off you haven't been able to follow through with, but once I noticed you were Asian I figured your parents were tireless and unfeeling robots and you wouldn't be able to have any hobbies until you left for college or something anyway.

If you found a job doing something you enjoy with people you actually like that's great, savor that. (Because this might be the only time in your life it happens.) Playing with cute puppers all day would've been my dream job at 16 too...instead I sadly wound up taking care of human children. Disgusting creatures.

Wishing you all the best on your eternal vergence quest against the IFDB too of course. Maybe you'll even get some nice art out of it, since no one else wanted to use the money I gave to MHD for this purpose.

Sweet 16

2 years ago

Earlier I moved my birthday back a couple of days because I wanted to see if the site would give me points more than once. (It did not.)

My parents aren't that bad, or I should say at least that I know people who have them much worse. They have to put up with me being weird and stubborn so I should be fair to them. But it's true they don't place any value on doing things just because you want to, they refused to let me take a creative writing class for instance. 

Art from MHD would be a fantastic motivator, but I would prefer to claim it the honest way by publishing a long enough story or rating all the games. 

By the way mizal, would I be smited for pointing out you have a typoed word in that last paragraph?

Sweet 16

2 years ago

Your first job is a huge accomplishment, so I hope you get it! Also Happy Birthday!

Sweet 16

2 years ago
Happy birthday dude and welcome to the world of jobs, driving lessons and booze!

Sweet 16

2 years ago
Drinking age is 21 here, as we're not degenerate dike peggers.

Sweet 16

2 years ago
Ah, forget your puritan religious nutwack laws and ask your parents for a cold one.

Sweet 16

2 years ago
If you people even had room for cars you'd understand why mixing teens and booze with heavy rapidly moving machinery all at once is not a good idea.

Sweet 16

2 years ago
This is exactly why the age limit for booze should be set at 16, while you can only drive without a mentor at 18. With alcohol being so ingrained into the culture, learning its effects while possessing a driver's license is just dumb and asking for trouble.

Sweet 16

2 years ago

In the US, things are very spread-out and the culture is based around cars. It's way more important for people here to be able to drive than in Europe. So while that's not a bad idea in general, it doesn't work in the US.

Sweet 16

2 years ago
Congratulations on surviving another year!

Sweet 16

2 years ago

You can drive cars now, vroom vroom! :]

Sweet 16

2 years ago

No vroom vroom yet :(

Sweet 16

2 years ago

Aw man! :[

Sweet 16

2 years ago

Thanks everyone! 

I'm starting today, just finished church with my parents and they're going to drop me off after breakfast. I'm getting paid in cash today just for helping with cleaning (what I've done before as a volunteer) and will officially start on Thursday. While I'm waiting to get picked up later I'll have an hour and a half to write. 

Sweet 16

2 years ago
How'd the first official day go?