Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi there!

2 years ago
Hi everyone! I'm Monroe, and to be honest, I joined as a way to create a fun little game for my OCs; kind of a writing exercise. I wasn't expecting so big a community, but I'm happy to join and look forward to browsing the games here as well as creating my own!

Hi there!

2 years ago
Welcome!

It's not a huge community, but it's a pretty cozy one if you can handle the lack of censored speech and the fact that honest and sometimes blunt criticism is encouraged when people put their stories up for review. Lots of people here have known each other for years so the injokes may get a little thick, but new blood is always welcome. Just let us know if you have any questions.

Reading and rating stories, and then reading and writing reviews are all good ways to get a feel for what works and what doesn't before diving into your own projects, in addition to being a good way to support the community and build a reputation.

And of course if you're just writing for yourself that's fine too. You have your story in Sneak Peek right now (it is by default) which means you can just give the URL to anyone you want to share it with without making it public for reviews from the rest of the site.

Also, if you're using a computer and you want to pop by BradinDvorak's profile (https://chooseyourstory.com/Member/?Username=Bradindvorak) you can get the site extension for Firefox or Chrome. This will let you turn on dark mode and enable some other features from your profile.

Hi there!

2 years ago
Thank you so much for the welcome! I don't mind blunt speech at all, that's fine. For now, I'm just exploring the site--though I think I will go enable dark mode, thank you for the link.

Hi there!

2 years ago

Hey there, welcome to the site. I haven't been around very long, but I've found that this is a very nice community to be a part of and the storygames are a lot of fun to read. I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have. Good luck with your writing!

Hi there!

2 years ago

Welcome to the site! Make sure you read some of the storygames before attempting to create your own, and you should be fine!

Hi there!

2 years ago

Welcome aboard.  And good luck navigating your way around this weird Web 1.0 place.

Hi there!

2 years ago

Welcome! I'm sort of curious as to what you thought a small community would be.

Hi there!

2 years ago
Hello, I'm new too!

You should read this game https://chooseyourstory.com/Story/Private_Game_for_Natalie.aspx

Hi there!

2 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your time here.