Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Elevator Pitches

2 years ago
I'm going to start having a bit more time to myself in September. Planning to write of course (I need to get at least two decently sized storygames out or this year will be another shameful flop) but I really really want to get back into reading too.

No more of these crappy free points though. I want actually good stories, and I want you guys to help me find them.

In three sentences or less, give me your best pitch for a storygame you think I should read. It can be yours or someone else's, you just need to be convincing. (And don't spoil the whole thing, obviously. I've never read a single thing on this site so it's all new to me.)

Oh and you can only recommend three games in total, I don't want to hear about every game you sort of like, but the BEST. And obviously I don't want anyone making giant posts, that's too much reading.

Elevator Pitches

2 years ago
I can't believe elevator is dead. She will be missed.

F

Elevator Pitches

2 years ago
Ya, well some I read before making this account were "Tower of riddles" (fun, worth reading), "Runaway" (hard, good to replay), & "Imagination" (well made, good to replay). I know there are far better ones, but you only want 3, so I recommended the ones that first caught my attention. Those 3 are what gave me a first impression on CYS, & I think they're good (not very long though).

Elevator Pitches

2 years ago
Jimmy leaned back and tried to read the sign. He couldn't really see the catcher because he was all the way across the hall and the elevator door was starting to close. But Jimmy didn't care. He decided to go with the old number one. He went through his wind-up, bending as far back as he could as the elevator started up. He had to time it just right. As his hips shifted around, the bell rang. Just as Jimmy's arm cranked over his head, the door started to open. He leaned forward and let the pitch rip. The doors opened just enough and the ball flew across the hall, striking the overpriced wall art solidly in the center. It was a strike, Jimmy was sure.

Elevator Pitches

2 years ago
There he is - the madman! Get him!

Elevator Pitches

2 years ago
Y'all are some real apathetic pieces of shit, damn. I have 2 days off coming up, I'm just gonna finish Ninja's latest and then reread Necromancer and Death Song.

Elevator Pitches

2 years ago
Writing is even harder than reading

Elevator Pitches

2 years ago

That's why some need an AI for it.

Elevator Pitches

2 years ago
@BradinDvorak
@Ford

AI review bot when

We've all seen enough randomly contradictory and incoherent comments from humans, no one will ever be able to tell.

Elevator Pitches

2 years ago

Well mizal, FAILsafe should be completely done and republished soon, because I can just sense that you really want to read a cyberpunk cop story right about now. There's even an elevator in the game, and that's exactly what you were looking for!

Elevator Pitches

2 years ago
It suddenly occurs to me that you may be too young, and Ogre too senile, to know what an elevator pitch means.

But I'll definitely check that out when the finished version goes up. It's rare for people to stick to promises of expanding games after they publish them.

Elevator Pitches

2 years ago
Huh? What?

Elevator Pitches

2 years ago
Slippery bastard!

Elevator Pitches

2 years ago

We both get on the elevator and you fucking hurl a baseball at my skull 

Elevator Pitches

2 years ago

Have you completed all of the Delight Games stories? I recommend Zombie High as the best of the collection.