Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New! (sort of)

2 years ago
Hello everyone! My name is Ryan, and I've been on and off this site for a few years, always meaning to make an account but never actually getting around to it...until now! Writing is most certainly a passion of mine, but I've never dipped my toes into the "branching storyline" side of things, though I've very much enjoyed reading such stories on this site. Give me a bit of time, and I hope to prove my worth here as a storyteller among all of you talented writers! I'm happy to (officially) be here!

New! (sort of)

2 years ago

Welcome!

New! (sort of)

2 years ago
Hey :)

New! (sort of)

2 years ago
Welcome, glad you finally (officially) joined us!

I see you're one of the illustrious Wardens. In some ways that can be thought of as using the site in easy mode should you start publishing stories or doing reviews.

Let us know if you have any questions about using the editor or anything else. You've presumably already read a lot of stories here so I'll skip that side of the usual advice, but of you have time to go back and rate the ones you familiar with now that you have an account, that would be appreciated.

And when you do start writing, just be aware that the way the stories branch can easily get out of control, some planning and pruning will definitely be necessary, and for the first game while you're getting a handle on it you're encouraged to attempt something on a smaller scale. Newbies tend to try for an epic and then burn out when they realize just the sheer amount of work that can take if you're not used to thinking in terms of a story expanding exponentially.