Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago
Hey, I'm Olive, friends call me Oli. I stumbled across this site wanting to read some choose your way stories. Uh I've been told I can be extremely annoying and stubborn so I'm sorry in advance for that. I think that's all for now, hope y'all are having a good day!

This doesn't really matter but if it explains anything for you I have diagnosed depression, anxiety, and ADHD.

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago
You really might as well have just left that last sentence out, that's half the internet.

Anyway, welcome to CYS. I'm not really sure what kind of writing site culture you're coming from, but here we value honesty in any form of feedback and trust me, if you're being extremely annoying, some one will tell you so.

As far as the forums go, well, they're not for everyone, but the only people who consistently get banned are kids running around with lots to post but nothing at all to say. Just keep things generally on some kind of topic and you should be fine.

Anyway, enjoy your reading, and if you can leave ratings or any kind of feedback for the authors that would be hugely appreciated. These stories take a lot of work and it helps a lot encourage more if there's indication someone out there is paying attention.

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

Okay sorry-  thanks, I'll keep that stuff in mind

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

I could have inferred from the Quora alone of all the mental illnesses you suffer from. 

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

Well I guess that's your opinion, I'm sorry that you feel that way about the site.

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

It's not an opinion when you're the physical embodiment of the statement. I don't hold any opinion on the site itself, because I don't use it. But from your profile and posts, I was just saying that you didn't have to tell us of your mental illnesses, as they are readily apparent from looking at your profile. 

Well, there's plenty to read around here. The works of EndMaster for one! 

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

I'm sorry, but believe me you're not the first person to dislike me right off the bat (you're just gonna say it's obvious I can tell-) anyways yeah I realized that was a mistake-
Okay cool I'll check it out when I have time!

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

I don't think that I've said that I disliked you, but it's nice to have headcanons. And reading a work from EndMaster will change your life for the better. 

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

I'm sorry your actions seemed like it.
And I hope so

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

My actions? What actions?

Also, you seem to have time to reply to this thread but not read? Interesting. 

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

Let me correct that: words. and maybe I'm just being paranoid- it just seemed like it is all
This isn't the only thing I'm doing and replying to right now. Plus I have school stuff to do in a minute.

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

It could be that. 

And school stuff? I'm doing that right now myself actually. 

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

Ok, well I'm not very smart so I have to concentrate- 

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

Is that so? Well good luck with your school stuff. 

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

Yeah and thanks

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

Have fun!

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

Thanks!

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

Welcome to the site! Like said above, feedback is always welcome and there are articles on the site that can help you grow as a writer. If you have any short stories or looking to spit ball some ideas, don't be afraid to post in the forum. You'll find lots of help in the form of constructive criticism.

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

Thank you!

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago
No it is not okay, how dare you say hi. You've made me so angry now!

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

Ah yes I have heard it is highly offensive to say hi In some cultures

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

Yup, it is certainly hi-ghly offensive to say hi.

Is it okay to say hi?

2 years ago

Not the pun-