Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

What are your CYS ability scores?

2 years ago

A while ago I was working on a brainstorm for a CYS-based RPG game.  I later realized that I don’t have enough experience with the site to make a game like this actually funny, but I liked the ability score system I came up with, and thought other people here might find it amusing.

Abilities are divided into three categories:  Sanity, Wit, and Creativity.  Each category has three sub-categories, with each of those having 0-5 points, and each major category being the combined total of each of its sub categories.  So if, for example, you have Diplomacy 2, Tenacity 4, and Morale 3, your total Sanity score would be 9.

Here’s a description of the scores:

Sanity

Diplomacy- Avoiding offending others, logically persuading others

Tenacity- Focusing on your goals, not being distracted or swayed

Morale- Self-confidence, mental health, mental defense, blocks “roasting”

Wit

Roasting- Insult others, dominate others into following you, command

Charm- Endear yourself to others, come across as pleasant, be likable

Humor- Amuse others, be witty, be entertaining, write engaging works

Creativity

Analysis:  Close-reading, insightful feedback, identify good/bad ideas for a work

Inspiration:  Originality, imagination, coming up with unique ideas

Discernment:  Critical reasoning, common sense, reading the room, social awareness

Different abilities were important to different classes.  For example, "Writers" needed mostly Tenacity, Humor, Analysis, and Inspiration, whereas "Forum citizens" needed Morale, Roasting, Charm, Humor, and Discernment.

I’m curious what you guys think of this system.  Does it fit with the site?  Which scores are the most important and which build is the best?  What are your own personal scores?

(Here’s what I think mine are:  Sanity (13): (Diplomacy (4), Tenacity (4), Morale (5)), Wit (3): (Roasting (0), Charm (2), Humor (1)), Creativity (6): (Analysis (3), Inspiration (2), Discernment (1)).)

2 years ago
This seems like a lot of math, Gryphon. Also effort.

2 years ago

I feel like Sent would have a better detailed opinion on this.

2 years ago

I'm a level three Lurker, and find it difficult to decide which abillity scores my class actually uses... Probably just  Discernment if anything. Also what does it mean if my sanity shows a negative number? Is that good for a min-max build?

2 years ago
I make up for my 0 scores everywhere else with a 1000 (very conservative estimate) score in charm.

2 years ago
Which one is for lazy again? Chalk my up for max stats on that one! ^v^

2 years ago
Tenacity 0, that’s all I can say

2 years ago

Im lvl 100 dumb thats all i can say

2 years ago
We can tell.