Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Resource management games?

one year ago
Are there any games on the site that are about strategic resource management, or crafting and survival?

I'm pretty sure this would be easy to way to make with the way variables work but I wanted to look at any examples if its already been done.

one year ago

Berka, Will and Ogre's stories might be your best bet to go looking through. They tend to have more stat stuff. Will's stuff especially.

There's also this one by urnam0: Warlords

one year ago

one year ago
I'm not sure there's anything exactly like what you're looking for, but Will11 has his Magellan.series where you have to manage food and your crew, as well as time to complete a voyage in a certain number of days.

The main thing to keep in mind with making a game like this is that it would still need to be tied into an interesting plot, I'm not sure how enjoyable a Click to Change Numbers simulator would be.

one year ago

There was one off-site game called "the dark room" that did exactly that.  Not sure where the link is though.

My game "Secrets of the crag" involves a bit of resource management & crafting, though I don't think that's what you mean, as it's mostly focused around dungeon exploration.

Will's "detective" series has a "time" counter that counts down as you gather evidence, is that what you meant?

"The chained god" and my game "ruins of Anzar" have items that need to be constructed and built in a multi-step process.

"Delve" by berka zerka may be a bit like what you meant.  It's a combat simulator, and you need to manage all your follower's health and abilities.

one year ago

If you're talking about resource management IFs not on the site, might as well bring up Seedship since that's pretty much what you're doing in that as well.

A Dark Room

Seedship