Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
What if someone did a game about dinosaurs?

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
It would get compared to Jurassic Fairview Park.

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago

ummm, im gonna say no it wont lol.

nate

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
     What about a game about dinosaurs on their own turf?

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago

depends on the plot, just dinos running around for no purpose would be dull. make plots and specific goals for the character and it could be refreshing and new for hte site.

nate

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago

guys, if somebody makes a great game based off of the dinosaurs (and actual pictures) from www.qwantz.com I will reward them with my trophy.  If it's good but not featureable I'll give em an extra 100 points.

march

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
Come on guys!!! This is your inspiration, or motivation... just muster up some hard work and you will be rewarded!!

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
I can't access the site.

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
Now that I've accessed it, what do you mean?

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
What if it's good AND worthy of being featured?

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago

Dinosaurs didn't really have minds like ours, but okay...

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago

The site seems to be working fine.  This challenge is for ANYBODY. 

MARCH

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
What about a game in their world where you give a baby dinosaur powers, such as agility, power and smarts? And then see if it'll last a week?

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
I tried, but the link doesn't work for me either.

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago

hmmmm, i just tried it and it worked. wierd, got any blocks on?

nate

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago

Ooh! I've got it! A game where you explore Dinoland and do stuff!

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
i dont know why you have it in your mind that the perspective is of a dinosaur, it could be of a human who finds himself in the dino ages....

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
the link works for me, too.

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
btw, at the time that march posted the link, it did not work for me, but now it does :D

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
Exactly.

Prehistoria

16 years ago

Prehistoria

A Primates Adventure

I have finally made my decision.  A group of people will discover an artifact that will take them to Prehistoria.  It's probably gonna be like where you are watching each member of a group as you make their decisions.  I still have to decide what dinosaur time they'll be taken to.  Also, where.  I'll take suggestions.

Prehistoria

16 years ago
Will it have pictures from Qwantz.com though? That's what I found the hard part.

Prehistoria

16 years ago
I'm sorry. I checked out the site, and I don't know if I'll be able to put pictures from Qwantz. Sorry, guys.

Prehistoria

16 years ago
That's what I mean, I could easily make a dinosaur storygame, but in order to get March's trophy you'd have to use pictures from that website. Anyhow, I think I'll focus on a different topic.

Prehistoria

16 years ago
You saying you are gonna challenge me to make a dinosaur game? Bring it on, old man!

Prehistoria

16 years ago
No, I just said it'd be hard to make one with pictures from that site. And I'd much rather make a storygame about something else.

Prehistoria

16 years ago
oh.

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago

ah crap!  If anyone ACTUALLY tries to do this, PM me before you give it a go.  Make sure you completely understand what I want in that game.  (honestly the only person who could actually make it what I want would be the guy who writes the strip - and he won't come to the site!)

march

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
What do you want in that game? I respect your opinion, but that strip is barely funny at all. Do you know him or something? I mean slightly political/pop literate raving can be funny, but the dino's saying it seems extraneous or something. Hmm. No disrespect meant.

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
you know, that strip has a wikipedia article. . .

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago

The strip has a huge cult following, and somehow - somewhere along the line - I jumped on the bandwagon.  He's a fan of choose your own adventure : http://www.qwantz.com/archive/000029.html and I'm pretty sure if we made a game that was based off his comic (somehow?) that he'd come to the site to play it (and then advertise for us!). 

In order to do this, you'd have to 1. read a bunch of these comics.  Each of these characters has a very unique personality (It's sad, but I really identify with T-Rex) which would have to come out in the game.  (here's a good Utahraptor personality comic: http://www.qwantz.com/archive/000705.html ;  here's a good Dromiceiomimus personality comic: http://www.qwantz.com/archive/000727.html )

2. It would have to be a basic game, no items (but variables would be fine, especially if we could do alternate endings). Since every comic has the same format (6 panels with identical pictures) we'd have to incorporate this into the game somehow - Maybe have the game based on a week in the life of T-Rex (each day we'd recycle those pictures, giving us 7*6=42 pages). 

It wouldn't be easy.  I haven't done it myself because I have no idea what I'd write - but it would be GREAT for the website even if he only referenced us once.  Anyways, I don't expect anybody to actually do this, but if you do let me know.

march

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago

lol.  seriously!  (the utahraptor one)

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
Science has all the answers again.

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago

i had trouble at first too madglee. i thought it wasnt funny at all. but then after reading a lot more i found that its just like every strip. you are gonna have some rough times where you cant write something funny. this strip has those times too. but everyone has their own style too so... i like abbott and costello, not everyone likes slap stick. others like chris rock, the list goes on.

nate

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
I agree! Some of them are very funny, some really arent.

Dinosaur Game

16 years ago
A solution to your picture problem could be this: Save the entire image. Then cut off characters using whatever art tool you have. Copy and paste that character anywhere you want in your own background.

But that is not being true to the Arthor's idea or his intention of his comic strip.

So, the obvious thing to do is to take the format of that comic. Strip by strip, top to bottom. Each decison a character make, gives him a different panel or strip. The panel or strip should be able to fit in with other strips so it can amke a story no matter which one it was paired up with. 9or else it wouldn't make sense)

I would use the latter idea, but if you do, expect alot of time editing the artwork.