Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

Anyone read it?  It's by Kim Newman, and it's sort of a Choose Your Own Adventure for adults.

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

never heard of it, tell us more

nate

Life's Lottery

16 years ago
It's a pretty innovative book.  It works like a Choose Your Own Adventure, but it also makes sense if you read it from cover to cover.  It lets you live the life of an Englishman named Keith Marion, and it has tons of different possibilities.  You can become an author, win the lottery, abett a bomb threat, commit incest, become a murderer, become the manager of a bank, go insane . . . it's an awesome book.

Life's Lottery

16 years ago
Is that the same Kim Newman who wrote Anno Dracula?

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

Yes, yes, it is.  (Answering my own question. . .)

Sounds pretty cool- I'll have to look for it.

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

its a slow day today here on CYS. seems answerin your own questions is the better way to go lol. id like to get this book, but i dont have the money for it at the moment.

nate

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to find in print nowadays.  I picked up an e-Book copy at http://www.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_display.asp?IID=163805.  It has a few errors in it, but it's the only way you can find it today without spending dozens of dollars at Amazon.

Life's Lottery

16 years ago
This looks effing intense, thanks WF99!

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

I'm definitely ordering this off of amazon. It sounds friggin awesome.

riley

Life's Lottery

16 years ago
Sounds good from your description, although I can't say I'll be getting it any time soon.

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

Just ordered it off amazon.com for $10.

riley

Life's Lottery

16 years ago
Awesome dude!!!!

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

Still haven't got it...

riley

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

Thats horrible.

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

Stupid american mailmen.

Life's Lottery

16 years ago
OH god I know

Life's Lottery

16 years ago
yeah, Canadian mailmen would have it delivered right away :P (except in JJJ's case :P:P)

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

Yeah exactly!!!

Hey.. Wait a second.

No!!!!

I think that Binladen pays off Canadian mailmen so they don't deliver it to me quickly! OR MAYBE: America has bought all mailmen going to Vancouver Island. AH HA! The Americans ruin my posting service.

Life's Lottery

16 years ago
ahhaa!!!

Life's Lottery

16 years ago
HEY DV13!!! When you get it, tell me how good it is and I mighty get it myself.

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

k. still don't have it. (day 12)

riley

Life's Lottery

16 years ago
IS there like a contact amazon phone lol?

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

not to question your intell. but did you actually check out? meaning, im sure you put it in your cart, but did you actually give the go ahed to buy it?

nate

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

like did you put the credit card numbers in lol

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

exactly. also, you should be able to track your package too. amazon right? i check my package's progress every day. it should have a complete check list of where it has been sent and when it was sent to its next destination.

nate

Life's Lottery

16 years ago
Yeah same with the purolator website.  (Dont know if they ship with Purolator).  How long does it say it will take?

Life's Lottery

16 years ago

Yeah, they sent me a confirmation e-mail and everything.

riley