Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
Hey everyone,

I have no idea what's going on whatsoever, other than having read the threads talking about Simpsons stealing triple J's code and old threads about he and Redeye trying to mess up the site. However, he messaged me saying he was leaving forever and I offered to mediate any disputes in lieu of this choice. Hopefully, something can be worked out so that we don't lose a member. I am not, however on any side in this thread, only serving as a mediator, meaning that I try to keep people on topic and any foul language or name calling absent. We're all rational adults, LOL, so here goes.

In this thread, please use it as an open forum to address any difficulties, emotions, thoughts, opinions, etc. Hopefully this is a good idea and not a terrible one.

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago

Emotions: Extreme Frustration, Borderline Anger, Discontentment

What else do I have to say?  I'm not prepared to forgive him in any way and don't see myself forgiving him.  I dont think anyone is prepared to have their games stolen and replaced with works  that are "Good.... for you to poop on"

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago

people are going to come and go throughout the life span of this site. however, i would hate to have someone leave on such a negative note. simpsons, you already are a member of this group. dont leave over something that can be overcome. if you have other things you need to do, feel free to do so, but dont leave over this.

nate

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
Simpsons:

Let's talk about triple J's games stolen and replaced. What do you have to say about that?

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
Before I begin, madglee you are the last person I expected to be a mediator :P

Simpsons, you should seriously not leave just because of this. It's just JJJ getting mad at you, seriously, there's like twelve other members on the site, JJJ's only one of them. JJJ probably won't get over him, but he probably won't be going on about it in every thread. Seriously, just ignore him, because he'll probably be doing the same thing to you. I don't want to say what JJJ will be doing, but that is just my guess. Don't leave over it though, its just a feud with JJJ.

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
Well, October, I'm probably the only licensed therapist here, so...well, that's why.

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
True enough I guess.

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
Simpsons:

Probably best if you speak and say something, otherwise this is useless.

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
All right, well I gave it a chance and he decided to leave. I'm going to bed. Speak to you all tomorrow.

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago

This is silly: here's why.

1st: JJJ, Simpsons is 14 years old and you have no idea how much the kid looks up to you.  What he took from your game could easily be seen as the ultimate form of flattery.  He did not tell me NOT to disclose this, and though I'm taking some liberties, this is the PM I got from the kid:

"Thanks March, I admit I used most of the Game, but that is because I'm getting annoyed my games aren't successful. Then I hear JJJ say, well this site is useless for you. You don't belong on this site, etc. That's why When I make a game I hear JJJ tell me on a PM, another crappy game, or something like that. I'm not a Metsrock anymore, I just want to improve myself, and do something good, mostly with JJJ telling me It will suck this and that"

I can certainly understand his frustration, and how do we expect a 14 year old (our former metsrock) to take it out on you?

2nd: There was NO damage done.  Two people saw that game JJJ: you and me.  I took one look at it and immediately unpublished it.  Of course he wasn't going to get away with that.  It was a dumb move on his part and I'm not condoning it - he was rightfully penalized.

This site has TWO things: community and stories.  Let's try to make both great and quit with this childish squabbling.  JJJ, you're our most cherished veteran.  Because of that we do expect more maturity out of you.  Forgive this and move on.  If there continue to be problems, let ME know, and don't vent all over our message boards.  I understand that some or all of what Simpsons said above may not be true, and I have no desire to find out more.  What's important is that HE feels it's true - even if it's all out of envy of your abilities and status on the site. 

Simpsons: continue to work on that game you're working on.  It has potential.  Contact me with continued frustrations.  Getting up and leaving is a silly move over a squabble where you already admitted that you were at fault.   

Madglee: thanks for your help.  You know I considered being a psychiatric nurse too, but got sucked into the wonderful world of the LISW... I do envy the money you'll be making over me.  Please do me a favor and send me more about "taking it out on the site" stuff. 

march

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
I've decided to stay. After reading some of this, I too think it is stupid to leave.

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago

my take on it: quarrel over the internet is useless... simpsons: you keep msging me about why i hate you and w/e, i dont "hate" anyone, but its not like i call you my best friend or anything, just, i would expect a bit more maturity from you and even jjj since he is in the mix, but yeah, i dont "hate" you... and to show that, i will also say that i would rather not have you leave the site... and i am happy that you have decided to stay...

well, thats just me babbling away...

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
Thanks solo,  and i'm working on a new game about school. It's very well written though 10 pages, and March said he liked it so far. Hopefully this will be my first good game.

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
A good way of putting it March (and by the way, I saw Simpson's storygame before it was unpublished as well). He does have potential, give him time and he'll make something out of it. His new storygame looks like it could be good. Usually JJJ is stubborn to push his opinions, but still, I see no way to argue with March's logic.

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
lol i just read what march wrote, lol march that was very diplomatic of you, and as doc oct said, good way of putting it!

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
Well my new game is going smooth, and i hope to have it be a successful game. There is no time line to how long It will take, but I am taking my time to make it successful.

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
Now that i got 15 pages, 25 links, And i fixed a few errors. I'm heading off to bed,  I still got baseball camp tomorrow which sucks. i have to get up at 7:45 off the bus. But tomorrow now that I am staying. i hope to get at least 35-45 pages, and more then that for the links done tomorrow. Wish me luck on the game, Now solo tells me it's good.

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
March I was 13 when I wrote Mattias the One Knight...  Please dont use the 14 thing against him.  Its still bull what he did.  Ive said it before, Im not gonna forgive him.  There are no good things about what he did.  Flaterry or no, its bull.

Also for all you people who think I need to "mature", screw off.

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
Where is that mediator? LOL!!!! ahha!

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
The mediator fell asleep at 9:30. :P

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago

haha!

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
This little messaging experiment basically failed, I see. A few people left helpful comments, then there were some angry words, and Simpsons, you didn't even address the issue, you simply talked about your new game. Still, you are staying and contributing, so that's great.

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
Hey a little more venting never hurt :)

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
:)

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
Well in my mind I feel a little better. So hopefully I will do better.

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
Don't worry simpsons, Everyone gets tired of JJJ's criticism sometimes.... Trust me, I know...

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
Don't take that as an insult JJJ, I said that because we can get tired of not being as good as you...

Simpsons and the Dispute

16 years ago
Oh and Thanks Rommel.