Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

10,000!

16 years ago

Wow! I can't believe it! 10,000 posts.!!! Im so freaking happy lol!!!!

Anyway, just wanted to like celebrate I guess :D

Can I have a points reward or something March hahahaha!

10,000!

16 years ago
I have 5 posts, I just looked on my profile. lol. Now i'll have 6 after this post.

10,000!

16 years ago
Well done, JJJ. I knew you'd post a topic on this.

10,000!

16 years ago

Why thank you.

And March, Im serious. How does 50 points sound?

10,000!

16 years ago

You know what's funny?  My original idea for posts was that it would COST 1 point for 10 posts: that way people could advertise their game, and discuss things of interest on the site, but they'd have to rate a story to do it.  lol, how far we have come: JJJ, If alexp had listened to me you'd be DOWN 1000 points!

But of course he didn't, and I will admit that 10,000 posts is pretty nifty.  Can I give you 50 points for it?  hmmmm... no, but I'll give you a point per 1000 (so 10).  :)

march

10,000!

16 years ago

disagree.

nate

10,000!

16 years ago
Ok!  So when I get to 50,000 I'll have gottem by 50 points?  Sounds good.

10,000!

16 years ago

*in a crybaby's voice* i wanna get points for posting wahhhhh *

anyways, do the math jjj, 10 000 took you 3 years, i think it will be too long before you have to worry about getting 50 more points :P

10,000!

16 years ago

10,000 took me two years. :D

Thatsa only 8 more years. And as teh stie expands I'll be abvle to reply to more posts.  So maybe only like 5 more years or something.

10,000!

16 years ago
true

10,000!

16 years ago

sure... but i wanna filter for one liner posts like these :P

10,000!

16 years ago
huh? (my point coming through yet?)

10,000!

16 years ago
Even small posts keep discussions moving.  If I suddenly decided to not post small posts, it could actually slow down the forums.  Wouldnt want that wouldcha?

10,000!

16 years ago
disagree

10,000!

16 years ago

But you see, by posting that your forcing a reply.  This of course continues the discussion.  Which of course proves me right here.

10,000!

16 years ago
OMG NATE FORGOT TO SIGN THREE FRIEKING POSTS... ITS ARMAGEDDON.. AND APOCOLYPSE....

10,000!

16 years ago

whether or not it creates discussion, it should not be tallied in "your posts" thingy.

10,000!

16 years ago
omg we're back to this?  Take it somewhere else.  Im just trying to celebrate a major milestone.

10,000!

16 years ago

i dont agree with that either. "forcing a reply" is impossible. my words can never "force" someone to reply. its the individuals responsibility to reply or not. the responsibility doesnt fall on someone else.

nate

10,000!

16 years ago

Very, very true. But it does encourage a reply.

10,000!

16 years ago

encourages... possibly. but i dont think, and ive said beofre, "agree", "disagree", "yep", "no", "idiot" are legitimate discussions. a discussion has more to it than one word.

nate

10,000!

16 years ago

fair enough, we can take it else where. i was typing that last one as you were typing yours. therefore, congrats on your milestone

nate

10,000!

16 years ago

I will admit that I do often post "Agreement" or "Amen"... These are simply agreeing, but I dont recall posting "no" or "diagree" much.  Usually I will say why I disagree or don't think so.  As for idiot, only when they're idiots lol.

But I'm sorry Nate, Im not going to change the way I post because you don't think its a legitimate discussion.  I mean that in no disrespectful way at all and Im not trying to start anything but still.

10,000!

16 years ago

and "AHHAHAH THATS AWESOME"

:P

10,000!

16 years ago

1. Thats not one word.
2. Its what I think is Awesome.

God danmit lol, leave me alone.

10,000!

16 years ago
doesnt encourage more discussion on top of yours... but anyways, id like to make an allusion to michael jackson "Leave me alone... leave me aloneeee just stop dogging me around!"

10,000!

16 years ago
Well come on, dont I get props for having MORE then a quarter of the sites posts?

10,000!

16 years ago
you get props, just not props for posting very long posts all the time :P:P  and hey, who wants a title that long anyways ahah!

10,000!

16 years ago
come on, u didnt enjoy my allusion! aww!! lol!

10,000!

16 years ago
Well I -- I didnt want you to find out that I'm more of a rapist then MJ.. So I couldnt acknowledge that post... I MEAN.....

10,000!

16 years ago
ahah rapist!

10,000!

16 years ago
I wonder if he actually did.

10,000!

16 years ago

eh! eh! hey! he was proven innocent... TWICE!!!

*whispers* he is creepy *end whisper*

10,000!

16 years ago

LOL!!!!! I wish I knew some Jackson quote t oreply with..

10,000!

16 years ago
lol, his music is awesome!

10,000!

16 years ago
To each his own.

10,000!

16 years ago

encourages is still in that "iffy" area, and nate is right, it is on the next person that replies... so it shouldnt be tallied in "your posts"

10,000!

16 years ago
I disagree with that, a post is a post.  Wow this is a total 2 on 1 eh?

10,000!

16 years ago
it should be tallied under something like "words" put not posts, someone like nate, who posts pretty long replies probably has more "words" than someone like me, who usually posts something at this length (2 liners or so)

10,000!

16 years ago

No it shouldn't.  Having longer posts is not necisarilly always a better thing.  Just like having longer games.  Should we catagorise games on words too?

10,000!

16 years ago
we should use the length formula on words, yes

10,000!

16 years ago
Still Solo.  Couldnt this be just a little bit of jealousy here?

10,000!

16 years ago
no jealousy at all... i am happy that you have 10000 (well, more by now) posts.

10,000!

16 years ago
But according to you I shouldn't have 10,000.  Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?  Your happy that I do, but I shouldnt.

10,000!

16 years ago
alright then, im happy you post alot, just i dont think the posting system is set up correctly, right now imo it serves its purpose, but it can be improved to soemthing more.... (hmm i will use your word) practical...

10,000!

16 years ago

Well Im truly honored that you've come out of the dark to me

However I disagree completely.  The posting system on a writing site is exactly that. Something that is just set up to tally posts.  Aren't there a bazillion things that need changing on EVERYONES opinion such as the home page? Rather then stuff liek this where a few people wan't it changed?

Like dude, obviously I'm going to be against this of all people.  Like yes I realise it would really dent my post count and everything and I'd be the first person to go against it but thats not the only reason I am.  I really think that the only posts that shouldn't count are posts that END a discussion.  And who is to make that judgement call?

10,000!

16 years ago
see, we all have our opinions, and its like i said, the posting system serves it purpose, and again i am repeating myself, i congratulate you for posting alot, just the stat has alot of outliers... thats all... i really dont think its this is so important that our discussion has gone to the bottom of the page and the text is squeezing in between the small space and everything :P

10,000!

16 years ago

JJJ "Theantisqueezer" has come to your aid.

But no your right.  I think we should agree to disagree slightly. :)

10,000!

16 years ago
agreed

10,000!

16 years ago
Its Ironic because its discussions like these that REALLY pump the post count lol.

10,000!

16 years ago
thats exactly what i was thinking, since ive been edging to 3000.

10,000!

16 years ago
Ive gotten 25 (now 26) posts off of this one thread and so it would take approximately 38-40 of these threads to get 1000 posts.  If you think of that. Its incredible.

10,000!

16 years ago
24 (now 25) my bad.

10,000!

16 years ago
I'm with Nate and Solo. Most of your posts are meaningless, and usually you hardly need them (take for example a conversation with EddyB. on the board. There's like three threads that have trailed into that, all of which could have been done in PM's). Don't call this jealousy, because I don't particularly care about mumbo-jumbo, I just don't reckon you should pride yourself on many spam posts.

10,000!

16 years ago
I'm going to tell you this once.  I'm tired of you and this.  Piss off.

10,000!

16 years ago
now now children, settle down u two... wait i sound like march... uhhh...

10,000!

16 years ago
hey, he could take that offensively

10,000!

16 years ago
Yeah, JJJ. Watch out. People might ban you. LOL

10,000!

16 years ago
LOL, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, nice joke, uh, like that'll ever happen.

10,000!

16 years ago
It's just a joke...

10,000!

16 years ago
lolz they can't ban me.

10,000!

16 years ago
One of the other forums I'm on sometimes does their ratings exclusively by number of posts.  They take it kinda seriously, though.  The mods will delete off-topic posts and spammy posts, and posts that seem like they're just there to increase the user's post count.  Also, they've got the ability to edit your own post, so you're not allowed to reply to yourself.

10,000!

16 years ago
yeah, replying to yourself happens alot

10,000!

16 years ago
Nobody means too but if you forget something or make a major typo.

10,000!

16 years ago
10,000 posts. wow. good job!

10,000!

16 years ago
Thanks!!!

10,000!

16 years ago
editing posts would be nice as seth said... and i tend to reply to myself if i create the thread, cuz i usually am the one with the first two posts then... it just end up that i decide to add more, btw this is usually in the wriitng workshop where i post my game ideas...

10,000!

16 years ago
Run-on sentences suck.

10,000!

16 years ago
You know, I sent a PM but I never messaged here. Great job triple J!!!!

Oh, I just got a PM from March that all posts are getting reset to 0 next week, though.*

*The previous sentence is utter lies.

10,000!

16 years ago
LOL u gave jjj a heartattack for a second lol!!!!

10,000!

16 years ago
lol madglee

10,000!

16 years ago
That's almost not even funny. Because it really just is not funny. Or, ALMOST isn't.
Um.

10,000!

16 years ago

*GASP* OMG... ANAFLACTING SHOCK YEEEOWCH.

But seriously, thanks madglee lol.

10,000!

16 years ago
do you make it your personal goal to reply to every forum someone makes, jjj?

10,000!

16 years ago

he definately did at one time. i think he is the sole reason they implimented the 60 days old rule. lol

nate

10,000!

16 years ago

its annoying when he does it in the bug and problems forum... cuz half the time its, "oh, that sucks" along those lines... thats when u know its a post count booster, otherwise, its usually at least relevant to what he posts.

10,000!

16 years ago
what's the 60 days old rule?  You can't reply to a post that's over 60 days old?

10,000!

16 years ago

yeah, thats what i was trying to reference.

nate

10,000!

16 years ago
Yeah, but honestly, you should up it to like, maybe, 50 or 40 or something. People barely reply to threads 5 days old.