Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Give me just ONE good reason why...

15 years ago

we have regressed back to this 3 grade antics AGAIN?!

We are not going to go back to scaring people off, and we are not going to start wars again amongst our members. If Bob and his cronies what to be here, thats fine, they havent broken any rules. every one let them be (all 20 personas). many people here are guilty of having other personas. let it drop. I will not ask march or alex to come back over something so immature and stupid as this, but if it continues i will have no choice.

nate

15 years ago

My god Fleshy, you kidding me?

We're scaring them off?

If I was a new member, and I saw a post like this: I'd be alot more terrified than if I saw some random bickering on the forums.  Let us argue and bitch its not that big of a deal -- honestly.

15 years ago

a new member isn't so new if they are acting as someone else

15 years ago
He didn't say they were new members, he's worried about us scaring off other members

15 years ago

3j i didnt post anything scary. besides, you speculating on what would scare you 'if you were new' is irrelevant. you cant prove something like that. finally, if its so harmless, lets ask bob and his cronies if they think its harmless...fair enough?

nate

15 years ago

If ya can't handle some bitching on the internet than logic dictates you should not be on the internet.  IE: Its harmless unless you shouldn't be there anyway.

And no, nothing scary, but a post announcing that we act like whateverageyearolds is not going to attract new people any more then the arguing. You could have pm'd those involved.

15 years ago
I see what Fleshy's getting at.

15 years ago

Marchbot has posted even more stern threads on here than i ever have. he made it publicly known what the standards are so that everyone would know. he didnt stay behind the scenes.

nate

15 years ago
Oh, well I guess that makes everything better

15 years ago
Marchbot?

15 years ago
March5th00

15 years ago
why marchbot??

15 years ago
Nickname

15 years ago

I agree with Fleshy. Too much senseless talk and garbage in the forums lately. Is this a kids' chat room, or a writer's web site? Why aren't people focusing their attention on writing great works of stunning entertainment, instead of arguing, insulting, and n00bying in each forum category???

Not everyone is behaving badly, but there's a real lot of crap going on in here. I barely post in the forums lately, because when I read to the end of a thread to add a reply, there's usually ten posts of two or three people throwing immature insults back and forth at each other, and the thread topic having vanished somewhere in the past.

15 years ago

I don't think too many great authors are joining because of what happens in the forums anyway. . .

Most join to make storygames and then discover the forums later.

If you come to a site to write, and then make your decision based on bickering in the forums, well.. why?

15 years ago
I think people that have been here for awhile (i.e. while MAG was still here) are the people that are gonna stay but new people will see us and be kinda questionable.

15 years ago
Ok, Fleshy... I agree, but I don't really think we're scaring anyone off.  I really don't.  If anything, Plaster left, and I consider that a good thing.  But regardless, sorry for that crap, you guys. 

For the record, this is my only account.

15 years ago
Look, I made my case in the mafia thread that I would not play an ebarassing role in the game, and you guys made a big deal about it! Do you know how immature you were all acting?! I was not acting immature, YOU GUYS WERE!!

15 years ago

sorry bobby, but you arent innocent. you are just as guilty.

nate

15 years ago
Can you back that up with information?

15 years ago
Who can't?  You were, without a doubt, at fault.  No one over reacted...

Think of all the effort that Seth put into the characters and story just so you can come by and mess everything up... Just because you think that play a girl is humiliating!  You don't deserve a second chance.

15 years ago

Well if Fleashy didn't ask why I quit the whole thing wouldn't have started.

15 years ago

you cant blame me my friend for this whole fiasco. i simply asked why you quit. your reasons started it all.

nate

15 years ago
LOL. if nobody replied to those reasons this whole outbreak would not have started.

15 years ago
Did you ever consider that you had terrible reasons?

15 years ago

Look, I used the reason because in school I am called Gay very often, even though I point out that I am NOT  gay. So when Seth casted me as a girl, I thought he was teasing me, so I quit the game.

15 years ago
>.< How on earth could have seth known that?

15 years ago
Good point.

15 years ago
Normally, I'd say that you're BS, but then again... It is you..... :/

15 years ago

Alrighty then.

15 years ago

I don't even know why you guys are even feeding this troll. He's not even that amusing.

It's obvious that bob/bug/fred/plaster is/are the main one(s) being disruptive. True, the people throwing tomatos at the idiot(s) probably aren't helping, but given that bob's already established himself as a troll that's pretty much his goal, to annoy people to the point where they become more abusive. And he's successfully causing that chaos.

If you want the forums to be calm again just ban him and his multiple personalities. It's not like he's ever contributed anything useful.

Besides I thought you guys were generally on top of things with deleting disruptive posts/threads around here.

15 years ago
. . .Simpsons2. . .

15 years ago

its true, we shouldnt be feeding the frenzy. but for the youngens it seems to be fun.

as for the deleting stuff, ive been the only real active one in that area. i recently have employed a more open approach, since people seemed to not like my standards. however, we can continue with the old standards of the site and make it the way it was intended. any thoughts?

nate

15 years ago
Ya, that evilplaster should be banned for all of time?

15 years ago
EndMaster, I agree completely.  Sure, Bob & friends have done a lot of crap, but we've sorta fueled it.  I'll give you that much... Now, about the banning.

15 years ago

Heh, well I guess it would depend on how much it’s bothering you.

I know you and Triple J are mods. I’m sure there are a few others. I’m guessing you guys would have to privately discuss this stuff.

Personally I doubt if the forums are going to scare off new members, but you’re the mods and you’re free to do as you see what’s best for the site. And bob's act is getting very old at this point...

15 years ago

Oh boy Fleshy, thats a bit annoying.

"For the youngens it seems to be fun"

You're feeding him too.  You seem to love to point out how much older you are and how much younger we are as much as you possibly can: It's really frustrating.

Why can't you forget about how old people are? For gods sakes, its the internet.

15 years ago
Okay, some of that stuff had to be deleted. 

Once again- bob, if you had a problem you should have messaged me, not ruined the game by telling everyone what your character was and then shouting about how you had a problem with it.

It was never my intent to make you feel like I was teasing you about being gay.  How the hell would I know what kids at school pick on you for? 

Also, please do note that since the first mafia game, there have been plenty of female characters.  No one else ever expressed a problem with it. 

15 years ago
hmmm, lets delete all this BS?

15 years ago
I think Seth got all of it... Well, most of it anyway.

15 years ago

Here is my opinion: why would a writer want to spend his time writing stories for a site with an audience like this. come on guys, the forums weren't meant for arguments, it was meant for sharing and discussing story ideas, and talking abotu site related stuff, if you got a dispute with anotehr member, deal with it in the PM's....

whoever started the argument, whoever participated in the argument, whatever, i dont care, just stop arguing and resume writing your stories.... or else why should alex spend money on the servers taht operate this site?

15 years ago

Umm

If you want to get an idea of the audience for your stories check the comments on stories -- not the forums. Two unrelated issues. You can be totally different on the forums than in comments.

AND the forums were not meant for site related issues.

The Lounge

"A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like."

And telling others to resume writing stories is one thing, but its been awhile since you released your last one.

15 years ago

the forums reflect the character of the reader, if you act childish in the forums, why would you take someones comments seriously.

the lounge is a place to talk about anything, but it does not mean that you fly off the handle and begin arguments like this one. sure, discussion and debate is encouraged, but flaming another member is not necessary, if you have a dispute, deal with it in PM's or with the admins, and alex and march can be contacted if need be....

so what if it has been a while since i released my last one, i could get picky here and say that i did not say "publish" and i said "write" stories, in which i have three stories with over 100 pages done... (i.e. writing has been done) but now you're just trying to a pick a fight, which is something that admins should be preventing, not starting...

15 years ago

Just for interest, Fleshy pointed out to me that there was a Forum Rules bit in the Help & Info section.

EXCERPT from Help & Info:

There are a few rules to keep in mind when posting to the forums. The forums are patrolled by moderators who will ensure that these rules are followed.

1. No racial or bigoted comments are tolerated. Really, there's no need for that.

2. No cussing or insulting other members. Though it's ok to use "dirty" words on occasion, remember that everyone, including your Mom, can read this. So please, try to keep it clean.

3. While the Lounge is a place to talk about most anything, we ask that the topics be useful and clear. No nonsense stuff will be aloud on the forums.

4. Try to stay on topic, especially when not in the Lounge. This rule is strictly enforced in the in the FWW and the Bugs forums, because those are used by the admins to fix and improve the site.

5. When responding to a forum post, be sure to reply to the right post. If you reply to a post that is inappropriate then the inappropriate post and all its replies will be deleted.

15 years ago

Hmm, I have never subscribed to those rules myself.

15 years ago
Neither have I lol.

15 years ago

lol this was the criteria set for mods i believe :P it made our job easier for what to look out for.

15 years ago
All hail the mature solostrike!

15 years ago
I never post here much because of all these riots going on. Although, I do agree what tsmpaul is saying about this stuff.

15 years ago
Man, just about every post lately seems to have some sort of bickering going on. Even now, after I post this response, someone will probably say something about it to start an argument... great.

15 years ago
So, arguments are "great," hmm?

lol

15 years ago
That doesn't count, lol. You were being sarcastic ( like I was with the whole, "great" thing).

15 years ago
Thanks for digging this up :P

15 years ago
Give me just ONE good reason why...you dug up this post. :D
lol

15 years ago
Hey!  I'm mad now!  I hate you all!  Let's all fight. >:)

15 years ago
Alright. Let's do it!

15 years ago
Guys:

I've brought this up before, too. Fleshy, I support you and all other mods (and hope for helpful members), but it's important not to all end up arguing about trivial nonsense. All of you have valid points, but End's right: why are we feeding the troll?

15 years ago
That's funny. I didn't even note that date. (Kicks self in head)

15 years ago
... You wanna fight too?  Huh?  I say, you wanna tussle? >:)

But seriously, I'm glad no one deleted my previous post.  That would just be too much. Haha

15 years ago
I think its sorta cool that we have moderators of various levels of severity.

15 years ago
My severity is actually terrible, but I keep myself in check. :)