Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 3/22/2011: Banner Ad Created by 3J
This feature was completed 3/22/2011: Scroll down

Banner Ads.

15 years ago

I think It'd be cool if AlexP Or any one else, made some banner ads that redirect you to this site, that way users can post the ads on there websites, This would generate possibly more positive traffic, instead of just the random guy that stopped in because they found Die! zombie Die! on a google search. Because people could post it on sites that say, hey this is a writing site where you can write your own CYOS games, and even vote for others.

I also know of a few chat programs a friend of mine owns that would love to post a banner ad for a site, for free even. This would create a higher amount of traffic, and more repeat visits. I know we all like how closed the community is, because if you say hi to every new user for atleast a week you already know everybody, but still I think this is an Idea we should consider. I know I'd be the first to plaster the CYS Banner ad all over my sites.

Banner Ads.

15 years ago
Fuck dude, I can create banner ads.

Banner Ads.

15 years ago

(Those are just photoshop images of certain pixel dimensions that advertise CYS right?)

Do they link to the site on click? Someone else might have to do that for me. but I could prolly create one. I 'shop lots.

Banner Ads.

15 years ago

This is what I was thinking -- someone could totally make banners/buttons that others could post on their site, and then this could be posted as an article.

Who wants to take this on?

Banner Ads.

15 years ago
Me! I've photoshopped LOTS lately, but it would help to get some specs of what you're looking for. (You'd have to do the linking, all I know how to do is make the image)

Banner Ads.

15 years ago

I dunno, i've seen other sites where they have "link to us" or whatever..

I'd guess, banners like in the size of 125 x 125, 150 x 75 -- p[erhaps look around and see how other sites do it?

Banner Ads.

15 years ago
Tiny???

Banner Ads.

15 years ago
I was thinking like, proportionate to the banner at the top. As for Width versus height, but alot smaller.

Banner Ads.

15 years ago

People could put them on Steam or Myspace profiles...

Incidentally, do we have a wikipedia page?

Banner Ads.

15 years ago
I can write that, i edit wiki all the time.......maybe not, I tend to lie there. :)

Banner Ads.

15 years ago
Mature.

Banner Ads.

15 years ago

Wikipedia may not allow us to make a page for this site.  Firstly, they don't allow pages that read like advertisements for sites, and secondly, they may tag it as not meeting the notability requirements.

Banner Ads.

15 years ago

Triple J, to try it out makes some 468px x 60 px banners. They don't have to be animated or anything. They should probably be .png's in this day and age, but pretty small, figuring they have to be able to load really fast. You can do other sizes that are vertical, too.

The implementation of the link is really, really simple and has to do with the html or javascript or whatever page it's actually on.

I used to actually have to do this banner stuff for media.net and grey advertising like 12 years ago when banner ads were a new concept, so if you need any suggestions or anything feel free to ask bro -

I'm sure with your Pshop skills you'll be able to hook it up nice and phat.

Banner Ads.

15 years ago

Also, we may be able to stash ourselves in either:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_storytelling

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_storytelling

Banner Ads.

15 years ago
I'll try my best :D

Banner Ads.

15 years ago
Photobucket First Draft