Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

cryptode

12 years ago

Hey, guys, I havn't read this story in several weeks, but I would like to  bring it up. I once had a grand dream (as I think everybody here once had) of playing every game on the site, and I had read through most of the Fantasy (Mattias made me mad and I quit that subject), all of the education, and most of the modern adventure before I played Cryptode. I played through the game for around half an hour, probably more, and did a great job in my opinion, before I reached the end. In the end it told me to send him a message asking for my special ending.Well, this sounds like a good idea in the right hands, but he has been innactive for months (this was when I looked at his profile after I finished the game, I havn't looked since) and I never got a message back. I played several more modern adventures, waiting for my reply for about a week, untill I eventually got very aggitated and realized that I would never be able to finish my goal and, perhaps immaturely, gave up. Do any of the admins or other players that have been here for  a long time have any suggestions on what can be done about Cryptode?

cryptode

12 years ago
What do you mean have any suggestions about what can be 'done'? Do you mean, what can be done to make Solostrike active?

cryptode

12 years ago

Possibly. That or unpublish the story untill he makes it more user friendly. Or send him  an email (if anyone has his email) telling him that he needs to check in periodically if he wants to custom-make endings. I just now thought that maybe if I die it will still count?

cryptode

12 years ago
The Wal-Mart Game is the same way. There's a secret ending mentioned that doesn't exist.

cryptode

12 years ago
Nah, there's no way Cryptode is getting unpublished. Remember, a story doesn't have to be fully complete and an author is not responsible for following up on things like that. If I went AWOL, should The Tower be unpublished because I wouldn't be giving out the bonus material?

cryptode

12 years ago

I'm not saying be that extreme, but at least make it possible to finish it. If I die before then, will it ocunt as a finish? i don't care about score at this point.

cryptode

12 years ago
What do you mean finish? As in, get to a point where you can rate it? That's definitely possible.

cryptode

12 years ago

Ok then, I can live with it :) I actually have  a question while your online though. I got to the point in Mattias where you need to open the chest in the nightclub, so I get to the room in the nightclub where the chest in, but nothing happens, even when I use the key. Any advice?

cryptode

12 years ago
You know, aside from the fact that I know that that game is beatable, I actually don't remember essentially anything about it. Sorry, dude. It's been ages since I've even looked at that.

cryptode

12 years ago

I understand.

cryptode

12 years ago
http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/Message.aspx?MessageId=4379

just found this though

cryptode

12 years ago

thanks, also, besides being a bad game in general, Destroy Team Strikeforce (I think that is the name) has no ending. It has almost no diversity, extremely linear and horrible spelling and grammitical errors. It looks like it has next to nothought put into it. I'm going to ignore the fact that it is made by a guy named binladen and takes place from the point of view of a terrorist and insults America and Western culture in general, because those are his opinion. Of course if you think they are too offensive (I didn't think they were too offensive actually, just kind of blatant) I won't get in your way.

cryptode

12 years ago
hahahaha Binladen is Chocobot's second account. Chocobot aka George McDougall:

"Without George, ChooseYourStory.com would look as plain as the text you are reading right now. George is responsible for designing and developing just about every graphic, button, and image on ChooseYourStory.com. Currently stationed at Fort Bragg, NC, George is a Sergeant in the US Army and spent over a year on a tour of duty in Iraq. George's home town is Fairview Park, OH and he earned a Bachelor of Sociology at Cleveland State University."

cryptode

12 years ago

and yet he can't finish a story :)

cryptode

12 years ago

I did actually think that it might have been a parody, but I didn't think it had anything to do with a vet.

cryptode

12 years ago
http://chooseyourstory.com/Member/?Username=chocobot

cryptode

12 years ago

for a story to be published by the way, it has to have an ending in that it can be rated and commented on.

cryptode

12 years ago

then reach it, and tell me what you rated.

cryptode

12 years ago

what game, cryptode? i have no interest in reading that game right now, im just telling you that a story absolutly has to have an ending point for it to be publishable.

cryptode

12 years ago

I'm telling you that he says you ended, but you have to message him to get your ending. It doesn't let you go to the rating menu from there. You can die to end the game, but that is the only way.

cryptode

12 years ago
I've reached an ending before, it's possible.

cryptode

12 years ago

Really? So theres more than the special ending? cool.

cryptode

12 years ago

yep, you should just listen to me more often, lol

cryptode

12 years ago
You don't get the good ending in Cryptode if you have the dude help you. The loop you get in the end is probably a result of that.

cryptode

12 years ago

probably

cryptode

12 years ago

im glad you agree. lol

cryptode

12 years ago
Oh Ugilick, you are funny sir.

cryptode

12 years ago

It's not that I don't want to listen to you, its just that if you come right out and say that you've never played the game and have no interest to, I'm not going to take your argument that there is an ending very seriously compared to someone who has played it and  gotten an ending like 3J, or who lists a suggestion as to why I didn't get an ending, like DS

cryptode

12 years ago

i was simply telling you a fact. something learned from testing things out.

cryptode

12 years ago

I've also learned things from experience, like destroy team strike force

cryptode

12 years ago

the fact that its published means it can be finished. period.

cryptode

12 years ago

"It is possible to have a game that has no link to a page with a end game link, though"- Zikara

No, I don't think so. Play the game before you blatantly defend it.

cryptode

12 years ago

has anyone ever commeted on that game?

cryptode

12 years ago

I'll have to check, but probably. I am talking about destroy team strikeforce btw

cryptode

12 years ago

let me know.

cryptode

12 years ago
It is possible to have a game that has no link to a page with a end game link, though. Don't think its ever actually happened, though.

cryptode

12 years ago
I would not be cool with that haha.

cryptode

12 years ago

glad you keep a steady eye for such things.

cryptode

12 years ago

@JJJ

So making a ridiculously long game that has no ending would be an extremely successful way of trolling you?

cryptode

12 years ago

It would indeed lol. Just imagine, play a game around 300 pages long, spend well over half an hour on one of the storylines.... then all you get is a restart screen.

cryptode

12 years ago
hmmm. I made that game a very long time ago. I will be honest and say two things about it:

1) there is a bug that i did not discover until long after publishing it that causes the user to loop at the end and stops them from ending the game (hence so few people have actually finished the game), HOWEVER, whenever i tested the game, i was able to finish, thus if you do things perfectly you will be able to finish the game. i know that might be upsetting since only "I" know how to finish it perfectly, but thats the best answer i can give you right now,

2) The special ending was saved on my computer when I made the game. As I said, it was made a long time ago, and thus I dont actually have the document anymore. I have a feeling I e-mailed it to someone, so I will definitely look for it. Also, i'll unpublish the game and see if i stored it in a page there!

cryptode

12 years ago

Yep, I played and got the special ending as well. Know he has linked to the normal ending so you can still rate and leave a comment.

cryptode

12 years ago

Thanks, but don't feel like you have to on my part, I was getting a little emotional (check out the witch hunt commentary forum for why) and I got mad. It didn't annoy me when I actually played it though, so that says something about my mental state at the time lol.

cryptode

12 years ago
now i dont even rememeber why i didnt just put it in the game itself! jeez... so bad of me...

cryptode

12 years ago
Well I would suggest sending PMs to the oldest players comments.