Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

Anyone have any comments on any  zombies movies?

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

The whole concept of zombies often forms great moral dilemmas. Such as "friend is infected" or "if we give this person food, we won't have enough, if we don't, he'll starve", and such things.

One thing I have to point out, since I was watching the Resident Evil movies recently, it posed a very clear contradiction. In the 1st film, the Licher evolved when he ate human flesh, but in the 2nd film, a licher did just that, and he did not evolve. He just stayed the same. Which was kind of odd.

I love the Day of the Dead series (Day of the Dead was the first one, right?)

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

I'm pretty sure Night of the Living Dead was the first one (1968).  It was pretty funny, I liked it. 

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

I meant the first of the "____ of the dead" series.

Zombie Movies

12 years ago
Night of the Living Dead was still the first of the Romero series, unless you're specifically referring the exact wording of the title, in that case it still wouldn't be Day of the Dead, it would be Dawn of the Dead.

The Romero series goes:

Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead
Land the Dead

Diary of the Dead is sort of a reboot of the series and then that was followed Survival of the Dead. Diary was alright, but I really don't know what they were thinking with Survival.

Dawn and Day both had a remake. The Dawn remake was cool. The Day one sucked. Day also has some sort of weird "sequel" and that one really sucked. Night has had a ton of remakes since the movie is in public domain, but the only one that I thought was any good was the 1990 remake. Night also had some sort of weird unofficial sequel called "Children of the Dead" which...you guessed it, sucked a lot!

Return of the Living Dead wasn't directly related to the series, it came about due to another guy involved in NOTLD parted ways with Romero and he wanted to do his own zombie series so he tried to make it much different than Romero's series. The first movie was cool, but the sequels vary in quality and aren't as good as the first one.

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

You are right EndMaster. Romero in a way created the modern zombie. He changed the entire thing we viewd zombies, mainly voodoo zombies.

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

Well i usally dont watch zombie movies, i tend to read more (kinda like a bookworm) about them. The only one in this series i watched was the "Dawn of the Dead" remake.

Other than that i watched a resident evil movie once, not sure which one now.   anyways thats my imput on this forum...

Heyy..... Endmaster arn't you supposed to be working on your Eternal story?! Go and get working on it!

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

I'm sure EndMaster is. Relax Fireplay.

Zombie Movies

12 years ago
I just got back from moving last night (Still finishing moving all my crap in) and I was just checking in at the time. The zombie thread caught my eye so I answered.

Besides I gave an Eternal update like a week ago.

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

Let the man relax, pushing him won't make it go any faster.

Zombie Movies

12 years ago
...Weren't you the one constantly begging for updates on the Eternal thread?

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

I guess a lot of people didn't like the Dawn remake.  I personally like it when they modernize certain things.  Dawn of the Dead was just one of those things, I guess.  Solid movie, and pretty funny.

Diary of the Dead was probably the only one I didn't really like.  I don't remember why, but at the time I was really into movies, downloading and watching several a day.  I found a lot of good movies, but I think I remember disliking Diary for some reason, and I'm 90% sure it was the ending that ruined it for me.  Maybe it was anticlimactic or something.  I kinda want to watch it again, but I fear I'll be disappointed. haha

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

I thought it was okay, the ending didn't really have an action packed final battle or anything, it was pretty much just a single regular zombie, that was all.

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

SindriV has a point.

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

I'm not saying that a lack of a boss fight is enough to make a movie bad, I just prefer it in an action oriented movie.

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

What you say is true to some degree. though personally a boss fight or not i don't care as long as its good.

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

Actually, I usually find a zombie boss fight at the end to be really cheesy.  From what I remember, I ended up backing the movie up like 5 times at the end to see if I'd missed anything, because it ended so abruptly.  That might've been that biggest problem with it, I think

Zombie Movies

12 years ago
Well I think they are mostly recopy of themselves.

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

I know its not a movie but The Walking Dead was one of my favourite tv shows last year. Never read the comics but their suppose to be quite good.

I'M also getting Dead Island on monday can't wait. Zombie apocalypse are one of my favourite genres of entertainment

Zombie Movies

12 years ago

Same Puff, but I never watched the walking dead series. though I wanted to. I'm sure I'll play dead island someday.