Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Introduction

12 years ago

Hi there! I'm not really new to the site, but I never created my account for some reason. I've read several of the stories on the site, and I have to say, 3J, EndMaster, and Sethaniel are my favorite writers. My favorites are Necromancer, Death Song, Order of the Midnight Sun, and Snow. I already have an idea for my first story, but I don't know when it will be published.

On a side note, I'm having problems uploading pictures, so if someone could help me, I would appreciate it. I look forward to working with you all!

Introduction

12 years ago

Hi there DarkAngel.

In the My Stuff page, you can find a tab called Pictures, which is where you can upload pictures for you to use on this site. There is a html way but I am not familiar enough with that to give you any pointers here.

Also, you post pictures on pages in your story with the bar above the text, but it doesn't appear on all browsers. I think Firefox and Internet Explorers are the ones where it works as it should.

Introduction

12 years ago

Thanks for answering so quickly!

I tried using the Pictures tab, but this message comes up when I try to upload a picture:

Request object error 'ASP 0104 : 80004005'

Operation not Allowed

C:\WEBSITES\CHOOSEYOURSTORY\CHOOSEYOURSTORY.COM\MY\PICTURES\../../Includes/FileUploader.vbs, line 31

Introduction

12 years ago

Then it is most likely too large to be uploaded onto the site. It doesn't take much to cross that limit.

Introduction

12 years ago

Yeah, that was the problem, it was too big. I found another one that worked though. Thanks for the help!

Introduction

12 years ago
Hey man, welcome to the site.

Introduction

12 years ago

Welcome =)

Introduction

12 years ago

Oooh, im doing my first story too! nice to meet you!

Introduction

12 years ago
Nice to meet you too. Good luck on your first story!

Introduction

12 years ago

Welcome to the site :)

Introduction

12 years ago
Welcome aboard and thanks for the compliment :)

Introduction

12 years ago
No problem, it is well deserved. Actually, Order of the Midnight Sun was the first story I read on this website, and it was the one that got me hooked on storygames.

Introduction

12 years ago

Welcome, have yuo read Eternal (also by endmaster) yet? It's my favorite story on teh stie.

Introduction

12 years ago
No, I haven't read Eternal yet, but I'll try to read it soon. I started to read it once, but I was busy so I couldn't finish it.

Introduction

12 years ago

Well, in the future, if you have little time but you're right in the middle of a story game, you can use the 'save' option under the 'options' tab in the top right corner of every storygame. I have to say, Eternal is a great story, but it'll take you quite a long time to finish it.

Introduction

12 years ago
Just finished one of the endings for Eternal and...IT WAS AWESOME! Probably the best story game on the site so far.

Introduction

12 years ago

Welcome to the site. Good luck on your first story! :)

Introduction

12 years ago

Welcome, stay awhile and listen. :P

Introduction

12 years ago

Welcome.

Introduction

12 years ago
Hi. So, um, type up a good story, and you'll be equivalent to a celebrity. Yup, just type an EndMaster grade story.