Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Age of Heroes (Reminder and Help wanted)

11 years ago

Alright, I am starting this thread for my story game. (Finally XD) Setting is half-done. Plot not yet started. Characters... I have something planned for character, read on.

Welcome to the World of Aetherius. A world where superheroes and villains are all very real. Powers comes in three category:

Mutation - Your power stems from your genes. Super Strength, Heighten Vision, Claws, Shooting Acidic liquid out of your hands, fire breath and stuff that can be produce from your body.

Science - Your power comes from technology. Power suit, Nano-bots, Robotic Parts, Guns and all that good stuff that you can think of so long they fit in.

Magic - In this world, Magic has been recognize as another subject of science. Though not much is known about it by majority of the world, there are people out there with knowledge on how to use it. Necromancy, Aeromancy, Pyromancy, Curses and many more.

Alright now, I need characters. Not just any characters, YOUR characters. Create your characters and I will place them into the story game either as a NPC or a playable character :D

Note: Also, I might be making a PC game using this story game except the plot and setting will differ. If I do, support me by buying XD (Just joking about the supporting me part but if I really start to make one, I hope you'll give me your support)

11 years ago

This sounds like a great idea, Alvin. Although, what are you looking for in the characters? Just a name and description and what powers they use, or do you want a back story as well?

11 years ago

I want a backstory, this will help alot. I don't need to know where they live but I need to know how they live. Name and descriptions, what power they use and how it works. I am looking for all this.

11 years ago

Sounds cool, but when is this taking place? The future, present day with time travelers. Also Is it in Earth, or some new planet or universe? 

11 years ago

It is taking place in another universe different from ours. It take place in Aetherius, a world 3 times the size of earth and is more technological advance in terms of super soldier and stuff.

11 years ago

I just wanted people to create their characters and I'll take the best out of them to implement them into the story game. This take place in another world,called Aetherius that is 3x the size of earth but the atmosphere is pretty similar to Earth, except that their technology is way better than ours and superpowers in their world is pretty "common".

Basically, I want people to "join" in the story game as either an NPC or a playable character with their own storyline. ANYBODY out there that want to do that?

IF so,

Character Name:

Category: Power Type (Mutation, Sciene or Magic)

Power: (Anything related to your category so long it is not overpowered and sound too crazy to be true)

Age: (20 and above. If you want teenage heroes or villain, make a good one and I'll make an exception)

Biography: (Write a 1 - 2 paragraph or more if you like to add details to your character biography, stating how they came to be. Whether they build a suit on their own, buy it, had a mishap, learn the dark arts through their lineage, please put as much detail as possible)

11 years ago

Name: Fire Blade

Category: Magic

Power: Can control fire and has a flaming sword. He is also fire proof.

Bio: A son of a generation of black smiths he harnessed the power of fire. His father made him his sword. He has always been able to craft fire. He uses a dark suit to let him sneak up on people. He has been a villain after he saw how corrupt heroes can be.

11 years ago

My mistake.

Biography: (MUST be at least 2 paragraph long and above so that I can know the character better. Give him some trait as well and don't just say your character can use fire, give some detail on how the magic works and it history and such)

Also, I want their names, not a superhero codename.

Note: The game will mostly take place at a major city in Aetherius. I will be spending more time making the world map first, plot will come later. Characters will be either from those people who decide to create theirs in this thread although the main character will be one that I create. I hope for more people to make their character though.

11 years ago

Ace Collins 

Family:

Dr.Collins (Father)

Rune (Bio-Clone with robotic enhancements; brother)              

Appearance: light-skinned African American male, has cold black eyes and has dread locks coming down to his shoulder. He stands at 6 and multiple tattoos on his body.

Personality; Cold, cruel, a bit perverted, Loves solitude and doesn't work well with others heroes or villains.

Power type: science

Power: Super strength, speed, stamina, stealth, heighten reflexes and senses.Slow self regeneration.Ability to produce high tech wings and fly,   excels with fire arm and weapons which he can produce from his suit. Excels at hand to hand combat.

Alignment: Good

Bio: Born as the son of the insane Dr. Collins he was experimented on by his father most of his life in an effort to create the first super soldier. Many Gov. officials picked up on his plan and began to put a stop by trying to kill or kidnap  Ace. In effort to prevent this Ace father hired mercenaries train  Ace in all forms of combat. this was not meant to be.Ace soon came down with sickness and couldn't continue his aggressive training. Dr. Collins then turned his attention to creating a super weapon not a solider. A months went by Ace condition soon began to look up, but before he could continue with his training an explosion rocked the lab and out of the smoke came Ace future arch enemy. Rune. Surprise to see eachother Rune went on a killing spree. Using the chaos Ace escaped  with many materials and prototypes from the lab  and raced away leaving Rune in his anger killing spree.

A few months passed Ace began forming a power suit that merge with his DNA. Enabling him the powers above. With his powers he'll continue to hunt down Rune and end his life to find and kill the father who only used him.

11 years ago

So... his power comes from science which is a power suit that merges with his DNA, right? Can you specify exactly what kind of weapons? Melee or Range or both? And what kind?

Edit: Oh and you probably should post below so that I won't miss your post.

11 years ago

I have created two characters you can use if you want. I kept their biographies a little vague so you can work off of it and such:

Luther Stint

He is a Mutation

His vision is spectacular, being able to see things from far distances as well as close up (so it’s like a super zoom lens for his eyes). He has had this ability for as long as he can remember and it helps him very much in everyday life.

25 years old

Luther has been deaf ever since he was a baby. His super-human vision is very useful for reading lips. Though he can’t hear himself, he can speak as if he is able to hear, controlling his tone of voice and rise and fall. He has always wanted to be a hero, but because of being deaf—and many people considering that a ‘disability’—nobody takes him seriously about it.

His dad left his mother as soon as he had found out Luther was deaf. It was hard on her mother, but Luther himself didn’t remember much of his father for he had left when Luther was two years old. His mother tries to hold herself up and look strong to her son, but he finds her crying herself to sleep every night.

Luther himself had gone to a normal school and most people didn’t know that he is deaf. There were a few faculty members that did, especially his teachers, so they knew to talk directly to him and face him, but most of the time he got along fine. Now he works in the library which is fine by him—it’s quiet, though he wouldn’t know the difference.

He has always wondered if he could really be a hero. There was definitely a lot of opportunity in Aetherius, but then again, nobody believes he’s meant for much.

Stephanie Jones

She uses Magic.

She is 23 years old.

Often she can be seen practicing Necromancy or such, usually using Resurrection spells. She also has an extraordinary talent for Curses, though she doesn’t use them unless she absolutely has to.

Most people—everyone, really—believes that Stephanie is destined to become evil. Though, she is determined to prove otherwise. Although she desperately does not want to be evil in any way, the Necromancy and Curses occasionally clouds her judgment and she starts thinking of the darker side.

When she was seven she accidentally cursed herself. She didn’t know what the curse actually did—she had just been messing around. She didn’t think that it really did anything, for nothing really did seem to happen to her at all that seemed curse-like.

When she has a firm grip on herself to believe in the greater good, she often walks the streets, looking for opportunities to prove herself to everyone else. The only strange thing is: when she goes out looking for trouble to stop . . . she blacks out. She’ll wake up exactly where she was before, but it would be hours later. She would be sitting in the same seat, not seeming to move an inch. Yet there would’ve been a lot more chaos that happened in between the hours she missed.

She keeps wondering to herself: Why does that happen? I’m not being . . . evil, am I? No, of course not . . . But then again . . . that curse when I was seven . . .

11 years ago

Nice, I could find multiple ways to make either one of them have their own storyline, especially Luther, his powers can make him a valuable teammate for super groups and such but we'll see. I hope to get more people to submit their ideas before deciding who should be an NPC or who should have their own story.

Also, you can make characters that already has a history as a super hero/villain though if you do that, make sure to add their nemesis. This story game is gonna take a loong time :D

11 years ago

But it is sure to be a good one! I might add a possible nemesis for Luther (Stephanie can go either way so I'm not sure to post a good-side or bad-side nemesis for her).

11 years ago

His not really a hero yet. Still not famous and all so he doesn't really need nemesis yet but if you want, you can make one for if he becomes a hero... or a villain +.+

11 years ago

I mean I might add a nemesis that he will get when he becomes a hero. A future nemesis, if you will.

11 years ago

U can delete mine

11 years ago

I can't delete post.

11 years ago

I'm just throwing you a free idea just in case you want to use him/her.

I.S.I.S., L5, #20

Category: Science

Specific abilities: Extreme Mobility, Hidden Weapons (Firearms), Organic Reconstructive Device.

Originally, ISIS was an experimental program meant for protecting important personnel.  The first prototype line was just a bunch of robots, outfitted with the most advanced scouting tools and an EMP for self defense.  It seemed a little weak, so with tweaking, the next line of ISIS were outfitted with an advanced strategy/combat AI and a couple of automatic turrets.  While it was a walking fortress, it was too bulky for any real use as a personnel guard.  The team that built line 2 branched off to make the rival HORUS, a line of battle machines created for heavy caravan protection.  ISIS eventually went on to make their products more compact, with the sacrifice of less heavy weaponry.  Thus, they built their designs using one of the most mobile animals on the planet as their model: humans.  The human form as people know it could climb cliffs, swim seas, and traverse vast plains, a feat that nature would take thousands of years to adapt to.  To make up the lack of weaponry, ISIS gambled on making the personnel guard extremely mobile, adding flaps, thrusters, and such.  To make it the perfect bodyguard, they outfitted with such a human-like structure so it could even perform hand-to-hand combat along with the ability of fine motor control.  The lack of disguise, however, made ISIS users easy targets, as the ISIS was never too far from its target.  The scientists were using up their budget, however, so they took lines 2-4 and gave the blueprints to HORUS for extra money.  With the last blueprint left, line 5, the researchers built 20 unique ISIS units that would be the finished product, each with a synthetic skin, voice, organs, and AI.  The scientists had overused their budgets, even combined with the sales from HORUS.  The ISIS team was to be thrown into jail for at least 24 years for stealing money from other projects.  However, 17 ISIS units were saved by HORUS for further research and improvement, 2 ISIS were scrapped by the government, and one ISIS was lost.  This last one has resurfaced in the nearby area, and any person(s) willing to find it will receive 10,000,000 units of currency upon return.

It's best I can give you.  You can give it a name, if you would like.

11 years ago

Wow, that's cool.

Anybody else interested?

11 years ago

#20 Clarification Files

Codename: "Iron Gecko"

Default Simulated Name: Claire

Simulated Gender: Female

Notable parameters:

Standard units: Concealed Light Firearm, Thrusters, Flaps, Organic Outer-Layer, Changeable Lenses, Functional Organic Units, Homo Sapien AI.

Additional units: Alternate Terrain Mobile Units (tier 4/5),   Concealed Close Quarter Combat weaponry (tier 2/5), Organic Reconstructive Unit (tier 3/5).

11 years ago

Is this a new character or is it the I.S.I.S?

11 years ago

Still the ISIS unit.

11 years ago

Dr. Faust

Science!

Dr. Faust has the power of science!  Invented many dastardly and devilish inventions, most notably among them: The sub-atomic harmonizer , A mentally powered, most evil device allowing the Doctor to walk or pass through solid matter and the best part, it can also disintegrate the molecular bonds of any matter with a single touch!  Second the Doctor has Nanobots!?! Need I say more? Okay I will. Able to leave my, I mean his body and attack whatever he wants faster than a super virus, or just take control of the hapless victim. These nanobots give the doctor super strength, speed, agility, super healing and hightend senses, so suck it mutants I have Science! I mean, He not me. Also don't get any cute ideas, the nanobots react only to the doctor's brainwaves with heart rate and genetic verification, the nanobots have a EMP dampening shield as well. 

30 years old

Born in Lustagia Dr.faustus was abandoned by his parents and left on the door step of an orphanage. Growing until the age of 15 Faustus could no longer stand the strict oppressors there. Using science! Fuastus used his first antimatter ray to  melt the cruel people. Quickly taking his show on the road Faustus robed a string of banks.

Using the money from the banks Faustus went on to graduate college with a masters in fringe science. There by becoming Dr.Faust! The most powerful villain in the world! He currently is looking for henchmen to man his evil lair in a hollowed out volcano. Henchman applications can be sent to [email protected]

11 years ago

Kaleb Sherman

Power Source: Mutation, augmented by science.

Powers*: rapid regeneration of dermal cells. Reduced nerve impulses. Lack of teeth. (due to mutations) Ability to change dermal cells into any other elements or molecules. Or in laymans terms, he regenerates skin tissue fast enough that nanobots can change the tissue into other materials without causing any damage to him.

Bio: Kaleb didn't have the greatest start to life. His mother was a meth addict, and after her son was conceived, the baby developed malignant growth in his ectodermal tissue. Now, being a destitute drug addict, she had no idea, but with a faulty Ectoderm, any kid can expect to find skin doesn't develop correctly, nor nervous tissue, nor tooth enamel. And death, most likely. But for all the damage chemicals can do, sometimes nature can find a way.

So after the typical, bloody childbirth, the midwife picks up the baby and gives it a slap. No cry, no reaction, nothing. So they chalk this one up to mental retardation due to substance misuse, pass the baby to the patient, and go for lunch. They return to the cries of the mother. The baby looked flaky. Not twenty minutes old and he was shedding skin. Far too much. Touching the child, it came away in your hands, layers of it, leaving fresh, oily skin underneath.

No. Not the greatest start to life.

Growing up is pretty much what you'd expect. Taken away from the mother and placed in state care. the kid seemed to eat far too much, but at the rate he shed skin, it was understandable. It used to be they'd wash him every two or three hours, but the carers couldn't keep that up forever. His teeth came and went by his second birthday. Any other kid would find the pain unbearable, but little Kaleb didn't seem too fussed. He got older, and they kept him away from other children. Only a few of the long-term carers could stand to be around him, and kids can be cruel, to say the least. The kid wasn't disabled after all, any more than someone with acne is disabled. He had very few reflexes, and he couldn't feel anything, but his mind worked just fine. So after 'homeschooling' he was ready for reintroduction into general life. Sure, he didn't emotionally develop, and he had to wear false teeth, he had to wipe excess skin off visible body parts every few minutes. But he would have to cope with it.

You know how they say that youth is the best time of your life. Being a freak doesn't change that. He had no friends, no chance at love. Sure, back in care they didn't tell you all the things you'd grow up to not have, but the real world has a way of showing you these things anyway. So he turned to education. Now, he wasn't the brightest spark, but having nothing else to do gives you a chance to fixate on your work. So he enrolled at a college, studying biological medicine.

Semesters passed, he worked. He had no time for classmates, they were disgusted by him, under their transparent fake sympathy. He just worked. Then one night, he was researching thesis ideas. He stumbled onto some information about a Dr. Faust. Now, he had no interest in superheroes, he was working as hard as he could just so he could be a normal person. He hated the idea of magic, nothing good could come of it. Give anyone power like that? Why else would the world need superheroes, other than to stop more powerful people. He could see the worst in regular humans, the vanity, greed, the chaos. Making anyone better was just going to amplify the evil.

But this Dr. Faust, beneath the clichéd villainous actions, was a great man. Misunderstood perhaps, his work on nanobots could be the answer to Kaleb's problems.

So he got to work. Replicated the design. Developed a suitable medium. Perhaps Kaleb knew what he was doing was dangerous, and he didn't care either way. He wanted to be normal. Human.

Two months before his graduation, he was complete. Billions of nanobots held in a silica gel that he could coat his body with. They would break down the dead cells, and rearrange the molecules to release as harmless gasses. The silica gel would stop his skin getting burnt by chemical conversion, and aside from having shiny skin, he'd look normal.

Unfortunately, after graduation, he realised that the stuff he was doing in school costs alot of money. The nanobots and silica gel are expensive. As life changing as his work was to him, his classmates were developing augmentations that would get lots of people killed. No prizes for guessing who got kept on as post graduates. On top of this, due to his faulty nervous system, he needed stimulants to run as a normal person. And while cocaine may be expensive, it's sure cheaper than the stuff government agencies put in little vials to make better, faster soldiers. So between his coke addiction, and desire to live a normal life, he needed money.

Turns out, those nanobots can convert the waste materials into anything. And the silica can transmit quite alot of energy. So stealing a neural interface converter from school, he managed to figure out a way to control the nanobots. They can convert all those molecules into anything. Energy for nuclear fusion wasn't a problem, because he radiated energy.

So one night he broke into a bank. He turned his fingertips into diamond and clawed his way through steel. He grew an exoskeleton of iron to support his body as he dragged away sums of money he'd never dreamed of. He covered himself in lead and bodychecked police officers who tried to apprehend him. He was unfazed. He was waiting for the cavalry. The thing about superheroism is that it isn't basic economics. When supers take down mob bosses, people aren't stupid enough to jump into drugs trafficking just because there's a greater demand. Being a superhero is the new unemployment, and anyone looking for a ticket to the big leagues will jump on a bank robbery.

Sure enough, some idiot flies in on a fireball.
"I am Sunburn!" Self promotion at it's finest, "Put the money down and walk away peacefully, and I shall not harm you!"
'Everything these heroes say is soaked in narcissism. It's disgusting. Why pretend you fight for good, when you drown us in your ego'. Kaleb had no hatred for these people. Only pity. They just relished being freaks.

Turns out Sunburn wasn't very astute. He tried casting a fireball. The air burst into flames.

Kaleb woke with a start. Everything around him was blackened ash. For blocks around, everything was scorched. And soaked. Chemistry 101, hydrogen is tiny and flammable. And being so small, his nanobots released alot of it. Perhaps the silica absorbed the heat. Perhaps it was the nanobots. No point in questioning the laws of the universe, people broke them everyday for a living.

Speaking of which, scores of policemen, and Sunburn had vanished. Presumably obliterated by the explosion. Along with his money from the bank haul. Kaleb sighed, and hoped this wouldn't be a regular occurrence. He was just trying to help people. To be normal. People die. They died because a superhero tried to burn to death a bank robber. He wasn't guilty, he just wanted to help.

AAANNNNDDD SCENE! Assuming the forums let me post that, that's my contribution to your game. Obviously, he's a bad guy, and I labeled him as both mutagenic and technology based, because his powers are a result of trying to cure his mutations through technology. He's not so much a greedy villain as opposed to 'He hates what he thinks superheroes are, just vain selfish do-gooders' villain. You're welcome to use as little or as much of this as you want. Just if he does die, make it cool, have him kill of a relatively established superhero first. Something sad to get the reader to hate him. Granted I haven't proofread this, so it may need some editing

11 years ago

Honestly, even though he had augmentations, I just can't help but feel that he is a mutation-type character.

11 years ago

Well, perhaps it's kind of a symbiotic relationship. Without his regenerative abilities, his nanobot syrup couldn't harvest his skin without actually killing healthy cells, but at the same time without the nanobots his power is useless. also, one could say that being a meth baby and his coke addiction are synonymous with Bruce Banner's gamma technology and a reverse Dr. Jekyll potion, just a lot darker. The mutation of his cells in utero were caused by technology, and the cocaine is used to activate nerve impulses.

So while he has mutagenic powers, it's really technologically based.

11 years ago

I'm confused.

How is "lack of teeth" a power?

11 years ago

See, even people who just hear of me are great! Dr.Faust approves of this "Villain". Science!

11 years ago

In shorter terms, Shapeshifting due to his mutation + Nano bot, Rapid Regeneration and a powerful endurance due to his Reduced Nerve Impulse?

11 years ago

Really, the lack of impulses is due to what the ectoderm tissue does. it develops into neurons, skin, and tooth enamel, as mentioned near the start. It's also why I mention he has false teeth. I don't know if you've noticed with tumors, but while the cell grows and grows all the other cells around it die. It'd be the same with the baby, the part of this tissue that develops into skin got malignant, so the tooth and neuron part got weak, and he miraculously mutated and survived regardless. While he doesn't feel anything, he's not superpowered in that aspect. He still bleeds and gets tired.

And it's not shapeshifting per say, because it's not his skin that's changing, it's the nanobots building things ontop of him. He can't make a fake face on top of his own, I suppose he could just cover his face in carbon if he wants to protect his identity.

As I mentioned in my reply to Stryker, regeneration is useless, it'd protect against anything less than skin deep, if you stabbed him with his guard down, he'd die.

11 years ago

I see, your character is surprisingly rather epic.

11 years ago

:O Surprisingly? Of course he's epic. That's how you need all characters to be. He shouldn't be like the endgame, just kinda of like Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight. Not the Big Bad, just an unrelated bad guy, whose no less awesome, just a little less screen time.

Also, I tried to edit the last part, but you replied to it first. In summary, his nanobots build armor around him. If he thinks about it, he could weaponize it. Firstly like exploding, as shown in my first post, or covering his fists in iron, which would essentially be like brass knuckles, but heavier, or diamond or something for cutting power, but he can't make a sword or gun out of nowhere. I suppose he could eject oxygen at a fast enough rate, and using a lighter he could use it as a short range flamethrower, or synthesize TNT and use it to make bombs later. Or Caesium, if he coated in oil as it was formed, use it as a depth charge. He's not like a munitions expert, but he has some knowledge from his biomed course, and if it's relatively simple, and he knows the formula, the nanobots can build it.

11 years ago

XD Well alright then.

Anybody else interested? I want to see the different types of character people can produce. This thread will be open until my exam is over and I've finish helping another person with his story.

11 years ago

You serious? ... I'd love to. I have like, close to 30 original characters I've created... (I'm something of a roleplay nut. Besides, I've been a writer for quite a long time.) If you really want a couple more added, then, yeah. I have at least four I could offer, lemme know how many spots you've got open.

11 years ago

Oh feel free to make as many as you like though not too much. I would love to see the different idea people have.

I will probably only picked 3 or 4 character for playable and have their own storyline excluding the main character which I will create and the rest will either be a NPC or simply rejected. This thread will be on until my exam is over, though hopefully it won't die by then, and when I finish helping another guy's story and when I finish a world map and local map for it.

So give it all you got, but if you are planning to post multiple character, please post 3 - 4 in one post if you have more than that.

11 years ago

Name: Kiel Farren (No, not kidding, my writing name was taken from a character I created.)

Age: 19 (He has a complex about it, too. Kinda the way Edward Elric has a complex about his height? Yeah. Anyone who suggests Kiel is young? Just hit his berserk button.)

Power: That's...debatable. The short explanation is that he's a technopath. You know, telekenisis? But, with technology? Do you consider that the power of mutation, (like X-men), science (because it IS technology,) or magic? Side abilities as follows - He's a great strategist, can wield a blade or gun when necessary, has natural talent in stealth, and has experience in leadership, for what it's worth.

Backstory: In his original (roleplay) setting, which was basically steam-punk-ish + some medival influences, Kiel is the owner and captain of an airship, and by trade, a pirate. (Not sure how this translates in your world.) He was raised by a wealthy, aristocratic family, and was forced into a mold of what a "dignified, refined, superior" (re: snobby bastard) rich-kid was expected to be. To make matters worse, his parents and siblings were also abusive to him behind closed doors.

Sick of that life, a 12 year old Kiel fled home in the middle of the night to hide out on a pirate ship. He managed to skulk around long enough to study their swordplay techniques and to build up a talent in theft, (stealing from pirates IS a risky task,) but after a few months, was caught.

Rather than just kill him, the current captain of the ship decided to make sport of him, and gave him a sword. The captain offered him a chance to dual one-on-one and said if Kiel lost, _then_ they'd kill him. While it was partly due to no one taking him seriously and the captain not wanting the victory as badly, the dual ended in a tie. Kiel was then allowed to join the crew as a cabin boy. About half a year later, his true talent was revealed during a raid of heavily technologically guarded museum which boasted some valuable artifacts. Kiel was able to use his skill and a plan he formulated to rescue the entire crew, and as a result, gained respect, becoming a fully-fledged pirate.  

When he turned 17, the old captain died in a raid and the old crew disbanded, but Kiel had already developed a love of the thrill of battle, so he bought a ship, hired a crew, and became a captain. Due to his youth, the crew looked down on him at first, but through his skill during raids, he silenced any protest.

Personality: Being raised first as an abused, rich brat, and then as a thieving, murderous pirate, Kiel grew into something of an "elegant villain" type, with a personal code of honor as pretty much the only thing to regulate the killing and pillaging of the job. (He's polite and well mannered when he robs / kills you and your family, for instance.) Though he didn't have much of a choice as he knows no other trade, Kiel enjoys the adrenaline rush of his job and satisfaction of completing a mission. If pushed into a hero role, Kiel is likely to be reluctant, awkward, irritable, and sarcastic, but there is enough depth to him that he can learn to care about other people, given the chance. And if that doesn't work, money will.

11 years ago

...I'll wait to see what you think of him before posting another.

11 years ago

If the power is caused by a machine, it's science. If it is Mutation, enhance by technology, it is still Mutation. Magic is magic.

Can you convert his original background to fit into a sci-fi world. This world is not exactly steampunk but it is rather big and I will be adding different area and places to the world which might greatly differ from the place the story start out though. This story will mainly take place in a major city (Might also be really important in future story too :P) and unless I (Actually I might) give him a personal storyline where it takes place in another place, he'll just be use as another villain for other to defeat.

As for what I think of him, well...

HIS EPIC! Though I'm not sure if he really fits in as a villain, he could also be neutral. :D Feel free to post more, the more creative it is the better though please don't make it too crazy.

11 years ago

Well, he has this power naturally, so... I suppose that the most logical explanation is a genetic mutation. Makes sense, too. His eyes are red, which is an albino trait, also a genetic anomaly. That's an excellent question. Like I said, I'm not sure how this story translates to your world.

Could you tell me what kind of group would be closest to pirates in your world? (I've seen plenty of examples of pirate ships IN sci-fi settings, but they were generally aliens. You know, pirates do sort of exist today, they're just more technologically advanced. =P) There's other options: mercenaries, hackers, hired assassins, terrorists, spies, exc.

If he IS used as a villain, xD I appreciate your opinion that he is epic and ask that justice is done by him so he's not easily or cheesily (new word!) defeated. Neutral would work. Kiel isn't picky about which side he's on. His opinion is kind of that "good or evil is in your point of view... if someone kills another person, whether or not it was evil? Usually depends on whether or not you liked the victim."  

Again, glad you like him. Let's see...

11 years ago

Well, technically the world of heroes is paint as black and white by many but in reality it is not. That's the kind world Aetherius is. Well, the closest would still be pirates. Sky Pirates actually. You can make a group about it if you like but you'll have to come up with some character in the pirate group. No need to be detailed unless they are of significant. They have ships and mostly roams the atmosphere. Then there are the traditional one but there won't be any sea near the city. They could come in ships that could go underwater, camouflage and pretty much all the pretty things that technology can make. I want to make this world as techy as possible. Bio-tech, Nano-tech, Steampunk (If it is a type of tech) and pretty much anything you can think of. The world is huge and I haven't even decided how the continent (or how many there are) will look like.

So feel free to run wild, though sea pirates won't work just so you know. Terrorist, Spy and mercenaries are also acceptable.

11 years ago

Oh. I'm... not sure you understood when I said "airship." His backstory -IS- as a Sky Pirate. His airship was called the "BlackHawk" if it matters. I never named his crew. "Crew of the blackhawk" or "Kiel's gang" works for me. None of them are terribly significant, although Kiel reportedly had a pet wolf (affectionately known only as "the beast") and befriended a crazy bard (Roko) who teases Kiel about his age and entertains Kiel's victims to get them to drop their guard. They're good enough buddies that Roko is still -alive- after making fun of him so often. Kiel occasionally snarks back at him with bird-related nicknames / insults because of Roko's musical talent. (Steampunk... IS a type of tech. I suggest looking into the genre, you might like it.)

Yeah, the ship should be able to fly and have a decent amount of high-tech weaponry aboard. I wouldn't mind if it could convert to diving into water, but it wasn't originally planned. Still, sure, why not? And camouflage / cloaking would be preferable.

11 years ago

Well, works for me. Why don't you just PM me what exactly steam punk is? And also, his crew, do they have power? Or not?

Oh and this is to everyone out there, Aliens can be a race used to create your character but explain more on them. There won't be "Space Battle" but Alien seems like it would fit in a world of Sci-Fi and super powers.

11 years ago

NEXT CHARACTER... (excuse the caps, please)

Name: Rai Koroshiya
Appearance: See my avatar? Like that.

Power: Magic. Specializes primarily in elemental powers. Pros - excellent in fire and lightning. The gloves he wears help him generate a spark (think Full Metal Alchemist's resident pyromaniac, Roy Mustang) which is then enhanced and greatly increased by his natural ability. Usually he just tosses balls of fire or bolts of lightning at people, but he's able to absorb electricity out of sources, provided they're not overpowering, and increase his natural body temperature to keep him warm in cold areas. He can also use existing clouds to enhance his control of lightning.

Cons - sucks at anything water related, be it magic, swimming, anything. He's actually afraid of deep water due to reoccurring nightmares of drowning that happened throughout his childhood.  

Backstory: Waking up in a back-alley with strange burns and cuts on his body, a pair of worn and oddly decorated leather gloves, and a bump on his head at 13 wasn't really much to go on, but it was pretty much all he had. He was taken in by a local orphanage. It beat living on the streets, but being -anything- but a social butterfly, living with a bunch of other people made him uneasy.

Awkward though it was, after a while, he did manage to make a close friend. A brunette girl who has talent in water and ice (strangely enough) whose name is Erikani. Rai just calls her E for short, though. E's also a little bit of an outcast type due in part to the strange water tattoos she has on both her arms. Rai was grateful to make a friend he could talk to easily and has even been able to study magic in school, which he seems to have an impressive amount of natural talent with...but he is also repeatedly plagued by nightmares of being surrounded by and submerged in water. The sensation of drowning, being oppressed, suffocated, it haunts him.  

What Rai is unaware of is that he's actually a clone, created from the DNA of another magically talented individual, and his reoccurring nightmares are actually memories of being submerged in a large, liquid-filled tube (you know the kind that I'm taking about) during his first days of life. While he appears to be 16, he's only a couple years old. Rai's mysterious injuries are due to his escape from the illegally created labs where he was made, where he was being trained as a tool for killing, (and used as an experiment to prove that a clone could inherit the strength of the original) when all he really wanted was the freedom to explore the outside world.

(Too crazy?)

11 years ago

We'll see, until then, let your imagination flow.

11 years ago

it's Starkiller from Star wars: the force unleashed 2! :D Is this guy technically Science!?

11 years ago

Wait, -what-?

11 years ago

(Bump)

11 years ago

Jack Ford

Magic:

The magic coming from ancient times, has been likened to shape shifting, and basic mimicry. However, it is niether. Jack has the magical spell to change his voice based off a recording, and he can change his shape based of a picture. The recording does not have to include every word, but the picture needs to be the whole body, or he's transoformation will be based off memory which will not be exact. It can also be used to transform into the paintings/simple artwork.

Growing up in a lower class family, Jack grew up learning truths from a his mother, who after being abandoned by her husband started drinking. "The good say truth, and the rich all lie" was one of her many sayings in her (quite common) drunken rants. Jack was excepting of these lessons, understanding that he's in luck that he had such a stupid parent. "The truth should never be told to a competitor." he often thought while getting lectured on how to make a real life. (and also how to get booze money) At the age of 5 his mother got run over during one of her drunken adventures in the world. 

After his mother died, Jack started preparing his life. He got adopted by a family of fools, trying to do the world a favor. He treated them to a perfect child, getting A's in all classes, and never staying awake after curfew. However, that was all a facade. He hung out with the dregs of the community, as well as the best. He constantly came home late, (never past curfew) explaining that he was part of a study group, but he was actually learning how to deal with dregs, and how to please everyone. 

At the end of highschool, Jack just turned 16. A genius, he went to a high level college, where he continued creating a fake personality, a liberal for the liberals, a conservative for the conservatives, religious for the religious, atheist for the atheists. As he finished college and buisness school, he was quite the socialite.

Jack, after finishing buisness school, joined a corparation, and started to amass wealth. Living on basic living materials, he started to hoard wealth, moving up the ladder of the corparation. Once he amassed a goo enough supply of money, he left the company and built his own. that was at the age of 25.

After a while, he got tired of having to convince people to make money. He sold his company, and started to look into magic. He found what he needed. He discovered a type of hidden magic, hidden by greedy monks, but hidden, which tought how to meta-morph and change vocal chords. He studied that, and donned a cape. He became a hero.  

Officaily at least. He would use publicity to become famous. In fact, most of his actual activities involved tricking villians into being confused, and just capturing them in simple traps. Some of his exploites were staged, but no one actually knows that. He has become a celebraty, and he just follows his mother's rule; "The good say truth, and the rich all lie."

11 years ago

So what kind of power does he really have?

11 years ago

Mimicry and morphing.

11 years ago

I see, a hero ey? Interesting, we definitely needed more heroes.

11 years ago

Faley hero, does good. For glory. (Wouldn't save a kitten from a tree for example)

11 years ago

Yea, I meant we needed some assholey like hero that do it for fame and such

11 years ago

first time doing this kind of things so...

Trystan Kernow

Magic

Average Ice abilities ex. Ice Javelins. Resistance to cold. Has powerful Healing Magic, can bring back from the dead, recently slain allies, at the cost of his own life, and can use high level healing spells (repairing whole limbs are not beyond his abilities) and can cure illnesses, though of course at the cost of being tired, depending on the severity of the sickness/wound. Heals and recovers energy faster then normal (ex. instead of a week, it would be 2 days for him to recover). Ice powers are natural and have generally been passed down through the blood. The healing abilities are from the visions. Cost energy to use magic.

Between 20-25

Lived in the far northern part of the world, living in isolation, never staying long in one place as he and his father, Marcus, traveled often stopping only to gather basic supplies in the few and far between towns they passed. His father on one of these trips, was possessed by a Wendigo, and he was forced to flee or be cannibalized by his father. He arrived, luckily at a close town a day or so after, exhausted,and wounded. He fell into a fever and was out for a week or so. During his recovery he received indiscernible visions of light and felt comforted and peaceful during them and to his caretakers, he seemed to be getting better at a far faster rate then normal. Then after his recovery and explanation of how he came to be at the town, he was adopted by the town doctor and stayed with him a few years and developed his new found healing magic, but when is latent ice magic started to appear in his mid teens, a few accidents with attempting to control it, later and he was sent off to a academy in the south. There he did average to great in most of his academic courses and excelled in his training in Healing Magic and developed as a Ice Mage. He is out of training now and has been adventuring  for the past year now and has earned a small reputation in the local area.

Has outdoor survival knowledge, limited Social ability, hates or at least mistrust, spirits and undead because of vivid recollection of loss of father. Primarily uses Ice Weapons and Armor for combat. Not a leader but a loyal follower. Has no tact. Human. Good. 

Also if you need a really good list of monsters here you go 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legendary_creatures_by_type

This is what a Wendigo is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo

11 years ago

Hmm... I don't really want too much magic user so...

This is a ratio and rough estimation of what kind of character I would accept.

Science : Mutation : Magic

40 : 40 : 20

As this is world of sci-fi, magic is not common despite it being another subject of science in this world, it is still rare though I haven't really pick anyone yet so feel free to make any character you like but magic user stand a lower chance unless they are a cut above the rest. Still need more character before I make the choice. :P

Edit: Anyone wanna help with map making?

11 years ago
Yes, I can help in map making.

11 years ago

Yes, to the map making as well, bit late I know, but ya'never know, might turn out to be useful. :)

11 years ago

Alright then. I'll PM you the detail another time and bump.

11 years ago

Ace's weaponry are made from particles so his power has a bit of magic mixed in. Think Edward Elric alchemy but it's just limited to beam weapon like blasters and beam swords.

11 years ago

I think I'll prefer just science. Energy particle don't have to be magic, so I'll guess the weapons your character can produce using his suit is an energy sword and a blaster similar to iron man style?

11 years ago

yeah in way, yeah.

11 years ago

(Bumping it up)

Also, if you have other people that your character knows or have a history with, you can make a profile for them IF you like to. If not, just tell me their traits and personality.

11 years ago

ISIS L5 U20

Detailed AI personality:

-Maintains an adaptable AI for combat and the likes.

-Can produce emotions, although not developed to the point it becomes interruptive.

-Ability to interact and socialize during stand-by mode, or even as a disguise.

11 years ago

Rune

Family: Dr.Collins (Creator,Father)

Ace Collins (His Bio-clone, Brother)

Appearance: Light-skinned African American,  3 blood red eyes (third is centered on his forehead), has black shoulder length dreadlocks, stand at 6'1 and has tribal tattoos the glow blue covering him from head to toe. This is due because of the R-drive powering him from the inside.

Personality: Evil, cruel, cold, calculating and mentally unstable. Rune gains a few moment of sanity when in solitude and enjoy seeing how people 'work' from the inside. Can get along with people as long as they don't disturb him.

Power type: Science

Powers: Super strength, speed, reflexes, heighten senses, self regeneration, ability to produce mechanical tentacles He can change the ends from a very sharp point to a Vulcan gun.(Imagine doctor octopus ones and imagine it as a machine gun at the end to.) 

Alignment: Evil

Bio: During the first few months of his creation Rune, showed unusual sign that weren't shown in other bio clones. His dreams were that of nightmares of death and destruction. Most noticeable he would escape his tube and kill his unperfected 'brothers'. He soon began to long for freedom and began to plan his escape. As the monthly check up approached he put his plan into action. Using a bomb he created from his tube he blew up the lab. As he escaped he came face to face with Ace. This led him into a blind rage making him realize that he was a clone. He then proceeded to kill the other people within the lab after he calmed down he soon realized that he didn't kill Ace. He has now made it his life goal to kill Ace.

11 years ago

(Bumping this again)

11 years ago

Don't just say bump, just tell us any thoughts of what's happening with the world and story.

Name: Soria Rane

Power Source: Charles Atlas Superpowers

Powers: Exceptional marksmanship, other than that she's just an extremely fit human, with a survivalist mentality.

Bio: The way Soria saw it, she didn't have long left. Every day she saw glimpses of a world going to shit. The next stage of human evolution had been and gone, when the next door neighbour can lift up buildings with ease, suddenly, being handy with a rifle didn't mean much. Regardless of humanity's finest, the world boasted sentient AI's, machines that surpassed the human mind in unfathomable ways. Chosen who could pull the dust from the ground and turn it into golems, or turn the forests into ash as a afterthought. No, her doomsday clock counted the seconds down to midnight, and boy, does time fly.

Ten years before her birth, her father saw it coming. The end of the world was coming, and if you're going to die, why bother dying in luxury when you could be shitting in the woods and cleaning up with poison oak? Her father died before she reached two, so she never got why he chose this life for his family. Her mother followed her husband to the end of the earth (Aetherial plain? Idk how you would reference that) and for whatever reason she decided to stay after his death. It was a big family, with numerous brothers and sisters to keep Soria company.

So as she grew up in the wilderness, she learnt to hunt, to farm, to track. But where she really shone was shooting. Sure, she had no real competition, just a few family members, to compare her skills with, but every chance she got, she was out hunting. For the good of her family. That was how she was raised. Her father's mantra, the one thing that stuck by them, justification of the hard work it was just to survive out here. It's how you do it.

As she reached 18, she had the talk with her mother. She dreaded the day. Her four older brothers had had that talk on their birthdays, and a week later they had completely changed.

She could leave the farm.

The thing is, bullets are the one thing you can't farm. That's what the town on the other side of the mountain was for. After living her life with no human interaction outside her family, the whole world was open to her.

That weekend she discovered what alcohol was, what sex was. She also learnt what humanity was. She'd spent her life believing that the world would end. But on visiting civilisation, she wished the end would come. The whole world seemed to be oblivious to the danger, yet poised, waiting for it. People hung to TV screens, watching bank robbers vaporize neighbouring skylines, watching greater people than she could ever be fight and kill millions, and then continue on their commute.

She returned like her brothers, stoic, silent. She knew that she would take the mantle as the family's link to the outside world. She was just more suitable to make the hike to town than her brothers. Faster, better equipped to handle the trek. She laughed at it all. Here she was, the alpha of the boonies, just a speck in comparison to the bringers of the end.

Thing is, her little sister Tamara, she left before she was old enough. Ran away at 16 in the dead of night, first stop, Hicksville, secod stop, who knows? She didn't see the horror waiting around the corner, she just saw her go-nowhere life and figured anything would be better.

Soria wasn't one for reflection, she was a woman of action. Her beliefs were set in stone, she wanted no part of a world seconds away from extinction. But she wanted to help her sister.

Weeks later, she found her, in some non-descript city. What she saw broke her heart. Tammy had fit in. She was living a boring life like everyone else. She would never return home now. The only thing Soria could think to do was protect her little sister. The family could cope just fine back home, living as they'd always done. She woud stay, tracking flesh and blood can't be any harder than a deer, and keep her safe at all times. That's how she was raised, for the good of the family. If her sister wanted to live in a doomed world, Soria would have to hold off the apocalypse a little longer.

The videos you see on TV, where some madman floods a city just for a bit of fear and money, with all those innocents running and screaming and dying? It's easy to forget about those people. Someones sister, mother, friend, lover. Those people, one of the countless dead of the 30 minute news segment, meant the world to someone. It's the life anyone not blessed with money or powers must face. Sure, not all of them have an overprotective, bullet-rich family member as a guardian angel, but they all end up as Jane Does.

There were just too many close calls though. A bank robbery, a necromancer bringing up hordes of undead. But problems that can be solved with a well placed bullet. But she had to get past her mentality that her family came first. Everyone has a family, no one deserves help more than another. Sure, she wouldn't invite all of humanity around for the holidays at the farm, but she would do her best to fight on behalf of those who are reduced to background figures, or obituary listings. Maybe she didn't have the ability to fly, or conjure fire, but she had a rifle, and a mission. Maybe she is a shining relic of a redundant species, but she was willing to give up her life to ensure the survival of her people. Even the superhuman fall to bullets. That'll be her new family's mantra. Being outgunned doesn't rule you out of the fight.

This one was much more rushed than my previous character, so I'm not surprised if the writing is disjointed or otherwise much worse. Firstly, I'm disappointed how all the suggestions are so incredibly overpowered. Not everyone can be a superhero.

Secondly, in regards to the character. She's a good girl, she is fighting for humanity. Not so much in the superhero way, where they feel an obligation to protect the weak, more in a xenophobic way where she wants to protect te human race. She sees the evolved as a higher form of human, but at the same time, she hates the treatment of the common person. Villians kill humans for fun, or to prove a point, heroes just seem indifferent to all the death and destruction and fight because they feel a moral obligation to fight 'evil'. So I suppose she's somewhat of an anti-hero, even though she fights for a just reason.

11 years ago

Good point but this is not a thread to gain update on the story game though but whatever.

It's still the same as always. I don't have time to make it yet due to the upcoming exam that will decide the way my life will go from that point and I can't concentrate so I'm still collecting characters. The world is half done, there will be multiple continents and a lot of factions.

The world is still mostly unexplored despite the technology they possess. This is mainly due to the daily problems of the mass destruction and chaos by the villains and the property damage during the fights between the heroes and the villains.

The only known place fully explored will be where the story takes place. Haven't named it yet but the city will be called Therion Capital. Therion is the current ruling leader of the country and he is  going to play a major role.

Anyway, anyone here knows how to implement health and such? I know nothing about that and was originally going to use the items in the advance editor but after seeing how much potential this could have, I wanted to implement that in battles and such.

And so, I am currently looking for co-authors that are capable of scripting (If that is how it works :P) or capable of implementing Health and Power. Something like...

Health: 100

Power: 100

and get reduce with certain battle though the co-auth will have to wait for one more month until my exam is finally over.

11 years ago

Well, I could probably script it, never actually got around to finishing my stories, but I've messed around with the variables enough to get a pretty good understanding of them. I ended up with about 4 or 5 variables, 2 of them hidden, and it was working fine on the thirty pages I had written. I'm sure you could easily do it yourself too, because I'm not the most tech-savvy person in the world and I figured it out with only a little help from the forums. Items, personally, I would stay away from. I don't like using them, probably my only fault with Homo Perfectus, reliance on items. It's just a pain in the arse when I have to click on every item in my inventory to figure out what to do next. It is possible with hidden variables to have pretty much the same effect, but it's incorporated into the story. For instance, in the story you pick up a newspaper, you could have a hidden variable called 'NEW' increase by one and that can open a new link on a page where use of a newspaper is appropriate. It's a little more complicated, and the reader may forget what they have collected up until then, but it's much more fluid.

EDIT: Essentially, what I'm saying is if you ask me to script for you, then you will not have items. I don't like them and I'd never use them in a story I worked on. However, seeing as how I'm actually really excited about this game, if you choose to get someone else to do it I would still like to offer help wherever I can. :)

And don't worry about rushing it out mate, Endmaster isn't churning out stories at the rate of Stephen King and everyone still loves him.

11 years ago

I'm good with fight scenes i help with that. also this is what Ace power suit look like. In a way. All he has to do is press a button and it appears on him. Just ignore ichigo.

11 years ago

Actually, can we get a rerun of all the characters?  I fear that Alvin might get lost if we add too many.

I only have one character, the ISIS unit.

And don't add the bios, because that makes it very looong.

11 years ago

Don't worry, I'll write them down on notepad and beside, the information is all on this thread so no biggie.

11 years ago

Name:larry

super heroes name:sharp fang

speicies: human

powers:telekinesis,invisibility,super speed,teleporting and tacking my sole out my body and ripping people up

genre:boy

power genre:magic

hero/villain:nutral larry would save an animils life but hates humanity (i realy do)

story line:larry was abandond when he was a baby but little did his perents know he was tacken by a human that had the powers he was going to have.Larry was trained by who he thought was his father the powers he now owns.

11 years ago

Noticing the lack of technologically based heroes:

Name: Hivemind.exe

Power source: Science

Powers: Ability to manufacture and control countless droids. Each is just a typical infantry unit, just a proton blaster rifle mounted on one arm, while physically quite strong, nothing that can't be destroyed like any conventional soldier. Hivemind wins battles through sheer numbers, and the psychological intimidation of facing down infinite waves of robots.

Backstory: Who'd have thought that the first AI created would conform to ancient psychological principles? When a dynasty long since past noticed the civil unrest, and the inefficiency of martial law to put down riots in the streets, the answer was simple. The future was paved with silicon and transistors, and who better to guard it than a machine.

So they called on every man of science available. From the highest government robotic engineer, to the average university lecturer. Every an had a part to play in building a better future. In a place torn apart by riots and terrorism, with human protectors unable to maintain control, their one hope was to build a weapon which could combat every last dissident, to force people to bow down to power. There's only so many men you can send to march to their death before their comrades lay down arms. But a machine knows no fear, no mercy.

Unfortunately for them, the AI they ended up with was much too human for their liking. But what were they to do? The country was torn apart, and any hesitation would surely lead to collapse.

They built installations for this system. Plants where the AI could build MP units, for deployment into hotzones. Controlled by a single entity, a machine which could function immeasurably faster than a human. No communication errors, no bad judgments. Just perfect timing, perfect style, perfect execution. Every last time.

Of course, build a factory to make police robots, and someone's going to throw a spanner in the works. Or more likely, high explosive charges. Every time they built their brainchild a new home, they were evicted by the rebels and revolutionaries.

But it was their only hope. Hesitation meant extinction. All hope rided on this machine. Every resource went into bringing the plan to fruition.

Revolutionaries are always the underdogs. They lack the weapons that the ruling class has. After all, guns and bombs win a war. But the country was in tatters. Even military bases were overrun on occasion. When rebels have tanks and fighter jets, what can up that?

Inter-Planetary ballistic missiles. The decline of the regime began with fear of the unknown. Aliens specifically. Apparently, the regime encountered irrefutable proof of life off Aetherius. And they were terrified. Huge missiles were constructed. Basically space rockets with fuel for a one way trip and the extra space filled with enough explosives to level a hemisphere.

The alien war never came. And after all the resources wasted, unrest was paces behind.

But the Government saw these missiles, and built a factory on a moonlet high above the world. The wonderful thing about the AI system was its ability to adapt to new situations. It was self-maintaining, easily capable of running the factory without human input. Raw materials harnessed straight from the moonlet. They just needed a little time for the plant to redesign the droids to be able to return planetside without going splat.

Unfortunately, they'd been running on borrowed time too long, and their credit had gone bad.

Whatever happened, by the time the AI had created its army, it'd lost its cause. The regime had crumbled. As had everything within a thousand miles of the country. Perhaps the rebels had intended to destroy the new installation with the missiles, perhaps it was a dead man's switch implemented by its creators. The fact was everything had gone. And here sat a computer and its army floating above the graveyard of its past.

Even artifical intelligence gets lonely.

By the time it had focused on Aetherius again, it saw a new civilization. Greater than the machine's creators. A world of wonder. Yet it saw the same terror that faced the fathers. Dissent and war.

Maybe it was too late to serve its purpose. But it could still do some good.

My major beef with AI's in sci-fi is that they always turn evil. Every setient robot sees some twisted logic which makes it okay to harm it's creators. A child feels no resentment towards its parents. Just because a machine thinks doesn't mean it thinks differently. Also, all AI's are sane. No robot ever develops personality defects, beyond psychosis of course.

No human would set out to make a defective machine, but with AI, you can't control it.

The reason I think this character would work is firstly, robots raining from the sky in droves makes for a hell of an action sequence. But at the same time, it seems incredibly overpowered.

Which is why it's needy. It wants the attention. Sure, you wipe out all evil people. Hurrah. Now you've no purpose. You fight evil a moderate pace, you drag out the celebration, and the respect and the gratitude.

11 years ago

Character Name: Liam Grator

Power Type: Science

Power: A "switching" bracelet. A metal bracelet design by his father, an inventor, the switching bracelet does just what you'd imagine it does; it literally switches the physical space of two separate locations. Using this device, Liam is able to teleport himself, switch physical location with people/objects, and even teleport small objects to him by switching the air in his "space" with said small object. There are of course, several limitations to this ability:

Liam can only switch with a physical space upwards of 30 metres away from himself, and the smaller the space he is switching with or the further it is from him, the more he must concentrate.

Liam's "space", is anywhere within immediate arms reach. He switch either himself, or the air within his space, with objects/space/people within 30 metres of himself.

Liam can switch places with inanimate solid material larger than himself (EG, a wall, a car), but will cause a hole to appear in said solid material where he switches to, thus often breaking said object (in other words, if he teleports into a solid wall, the part he teleports into will make a hole his size, and the portion of the wall that used to be there will reappear where he previously was). Liam cannot create holes in living creatures (however he can do it to machines).

Biography: Liam has been searching for his father ever since he left him with the switching bracelet 4 years ago. Unfortunately, he has no luck in finding him and has since almost given up on the task. Liam still has no idea why his father left, only that he wanted to be secluded somewhere to "try and fix this fucked up world".

Like his father, Liam decided to become an inventor. Unlike his father, he was never very skilled at inventing, and as such spends most of his time honing his skills with his switching bracelet, and taking on hired-for-pay infiltration and stealing jobs. While he's not really pleased with having to steal, he justifies it by claiming all those he steals for and from are bad anyways, so he's doing no real harm. He also believes that one day he will stumble upon information concerning his father.

His general disposition is apathetic, and while he won't go out of his way to help someone, he will stop and help if he sees someone in trouble. Due to his recent dabble in the underground world of crime, he has become mildly proficient with small arms (hand guns/SMGs) provided by his employers, but rarely actually uses them in combat. He doesn't feel right  killing on behalf of a criminal, and so usually runs when confronted by humans during his job. He has no real problems with killing humans or machines if he feels he needs to in self-defence. Currently he has no known associates, other than a few criminal contacts.

Alliance - Neutral

(His mother died when he was like 3, so she isn't really a part of his background. No siblings either.)

11 years ago

Alright, so far, there are now 14 characters. I will accept 6 more before closing this thread or maybe lesser before this is closed.

I will accept 2 more magic character only. The rest must be either science or mutation-based though I could also do with more choices though.

Even if the the sign-up closes, if you like, keep making your character because if I ever find one that is better than the one I currently have or picked, I'll do a swap.

Lastly, I have decided to pick only 3 character for playable and 1 for their own storyline. I will post a list of those accepted soon after the thread is finished but for now... adios.

11 years ago

What about mutations caused by magic augmented with science. :D

11 years ago

That... could work. O.o

11 years ago

Name-Krios Lazure

Power-Magic (specifically elemental with a focus on ice)

Notable companions-  Typhon a seemingly mutated arctic wolf with harder than normal skin and spikes protruding from the joints, also has better than average strength and is larger than most wolfs. Aurora- a strange entity that seemingly has a connection to Krios, it just gives advice and speaks to him in his mind, other than that she seems to be the source of his power.

Background- a seemingly normal teenager if with a higher than average intelligence, athletic, and had a slight loner mentality while wandering the woods one day he came across a strange rune, with all the changes in the world the introduction of Magic, Mutants seemingly coming from nowhere, and technology advancing without check. He is wary of the rune, but he is curious and something is pushing him to examine it. So he walks forward, and blacks out. Upon awakening in a hospital he is aware of someone speaking, "Krios, wake up, young one you must awaken." "I must survive Krios within you" You feel tendrils of power snaking along burns on your skin, burns? "they are from the power forced into you, Krios" You call out, "Whos's talking?" The room is empty but a nurse comes in "Oh, oh my god your burns, they..healed? Who where you talking to?" You simply get up and leave, and have wandered searching for answers since the only thing the voice does is teach you to use your powers and provide some company and advice from time to time. Some magic users and scientists seek to steal or study your powers, while mutants simply roam looking for a challenge, countless kills make your heart turn cold and make your blood feel akin to ice, which right now it is. You turn and strike the final blow to the mage seeking your power his undead dissappating and you continue your search for answers.

11 years ago

No age?

11 years ago

Gosh dangit, i forgot that part after turning 19 his affinity with the element of ice and the being's powers seemingly stopped or slowed his aging to an imperceptible crawl, although after 9 years of searching, he is starting to want to take an active role in affairs and put his quest for answers on the backburner, his family and friends he cut contact with not wanting them to see the lone wolf he had become.

11 years ago

So... good or evil?

11 years ago

hmmm, I was leaving that open ended (came up with character in a few minutes and watching tv, and writing my own story) Aurora is a character in mine hehe and speaks in your mind. Well I like to leave him as still having a good conscious (having once been your more or less your average teen) but was changed by events so he's good, more of a neutral guy who tries to help and keep order but more of a ends justify the means. Not like psycho extreme, but if a psycho holds a few hostages and if the psycho was a serious danger should he escape Krios will kill the psycho even if that means hostages die)

11 years ago

If your still interested in the character I can rehash and further refine it.

11 years ago

Yea, feel free to furthur refine it. It's not like this thread will run away and besides, I still need 6 more sign-up. (Including yours if it's good enough)

11 years ago

Ok! I feel like I'm trying out hehe just started up here and I need to power through my story but it's either going to be epicly long or saddenly short (depending on if people want me to hurry up and post it or not.) But i come up with many ideas so I could just do another one and expan on my current one pg. numero uno is on the forum (I think you commented on it)

11 years ago

Ah yes, I did. It was nice, interesting concept. I am interested to see how it develop from where the soldiers all died and the thing started taunting the guy.

11 years ago

Don't worry even though that part is just a dream you will see the shade, and many other creatures, but the shade appears multiple times and depending on your choices might not even be defeated hehe

11 years ago

forgot to mention where he found Typhon (aka mr. mutant wolfy) Krios was wondering the arctic one day back in the stage where he believed the ice flowing through his veins and the power it wielded was a curse he stayed at the North pole perfectly comfortable in the extreme environment it also taught him the extremes of ice and how to further bend it to his will. While there he found an abandoned wolf pup which was strange due to the locale (they can't survive there) picking it up he found it had no problems in the weather and seemed to be..different almost strange looking. He decided it was like him a beast of the elements so he named it Typhon wandering with his new companion and the voice that never left his head and he had taken to calling Aurora. He stumbled across a reasearch facility one of many however he had been avoiding them all he could he knew they'd wish to study him. He walked inside and found all sorts of animals with strange experiements.. including a she-wolf named Lupa "Fitting" he thought as he saw a half eaten wolf pup and the she wolfs body on the floor they had, apparently broken out from the specimen container "the strong survive and in order to preserve life, one must do seemingly amoral actions" Aurora answered "Good you finally understand, your predecessor would have been proud but that was another world, another life. Bring Typhon we have work to do" And with that Krios marched into society eager to make his mark behind the scenes saving humanity from villains, itself, and attempting to stabilize societies.

11 years ago

So, can you make another profile for this character so that it would seem more organize? (Oh, and super bump)

11 years ago

(super-bump is not super-bump.  It is BLAMP.)

11 years ago

I'll make one on another thing and copy and paste one sec

11 years ago

Actually now that I think about it, krios more fits a mercenary type with standards, or limits. Like he won't go kill a family, but if they are in the way of his mission or are part of a plot, they may become collateral damage. In the Arctic he also took a relic like two handed sword, and has been focusing on developing his martial and magical talents. He is already in excellent shape and can fight well (always being on the run) and do to Aurora's guidance his magic talent increases even while he dreams.

11 years ago

I'm still figuring out why is everyone making their characters sounding like the most bad-ass thing ever.

My character is just an experimental bodyguard.  Pff.  I'm not expecting "her" to be the biggest, baddest, bad-ass in all of bad-assery, but now I feel like I've just been ran over by the bandwagon.

11 years ago

well swift, If you want me to tone down the bad-ass ness I could add the fact that since every other super character is bad ass then "bad ass" Isn't bad ass its just badder than the normal ass.. lol

11 years ago

Swift, it's pretty common for people to make their characters sound really badass.

That's why I stay away from all the RP games...That and it seems like not many people can keep their character consistent.

11 years ago

Well, that kitten alone is more bad-ass than all of us put together with Chuck Norris.  How did you find that pic?

11 years ago

People, please, don't make this longer than it is already. I don't need this thread to turn from a character making one into a discussion. Oh and Blamp! (Super Bump)

Still require several more character or I'll just have to make do with what I have chosen or acquired.

Note: Not all character that I've pick will make it into the story game.

11 years ago

Okay.

11 years ago

Krios Lazure

Hair color (Dirty blonde with a few strands of silver hair)

Eye color (Orange when using magic, sky blue when not,)

Physical attributes- 6'1" 182 lbs. athletic build.

Powers and talents- Elemental magic with a focus mostly on ice, as in his time in the arctic he absorbed a lot of power and now his body temperature stays 20 degrees below normal human levels, no matter how hot it is. His magic includes being able to form ice, water, fire, and air into spells. Although ice is the only element he has nearly complete control over the others he can use only rudimentary spells. He also wields a hand and a half sword which through practice and training he can wield with great skill, while normally suicide in modern combat his ice enhanced body can become hardened and stop some bullets, he can slow others with frost, freeze others, and form a thin ice coating to slide across the ground at breakneck speeds. He is also proficient in hand to hand combat, mostly untrained street fighting techniques, and his newfound power also made him much stronger than most.

Companions-Aurora, and Typhon

Background- once a normal teenage guy Krios went on a camping trip with his parents,  while wandering the forest looking for friends and perhaps a girl, he stumbles across a strange stone. Everything in his mind told him to leave it alone, with Magic being discovered, technology advancing in leaps and bounds far beyond what we could once comprehend, and rumors of people with strange mutations. He wanted to leave it alone, but something pulled him towards it, so he didn't resist the next thing he knows he was in a hospital. Apparently he had suffered sever burns, frozen a creek and started a forest fire at the same time. In amazement he looked down to see the burns slowly being covered in frost then freezing over and healing water replacing the lost flesh. A voice spoke "my name is Aurora, and this is the power I offer you now flee out the window before the take you from here" Your not sure why, but whatever has power like that or can offer you that power Krios listens to and flees. Leaving his family, friends, and life behind afraid of his new powers and assuming most will want the worst for him. After traveling for 6 years he realizes he still looks like he did when he was nineteen and apparently his power slowed the aging process to a crawl, in addition he was attacked by so many seeking his power and he decided to flee to the Arctic to train and escape society. It is their he found Typhon an experiment in making "super animals" in some abandoned lab. With Typhon and newfound confidence in Aurora he returns to the world not seeking answers but rather hoping he finds some in the various mercenary jobs he does.

11 years ago

Neutral (highest bidder most of the time)

11 years ago

Name: Azazel Manegus

Alignment: Good

Powers: Speed, Invisibility, Strength, Healing

Grew up in the American mid-west. His parents were dark magic users. When he was a baby his parents decided to mutate him with their magic, hoping that he would grow to eliminate the evil in the world. Using their magic they gave him the abilities of a master ninja. Frowned apon by their peers at this, the family went into hiding. Training Azazel to use his powers until he was an adult. His first fight was with an evil man bent on world domination,Dr.Faust.  Creeping into his lair Azazel attacked the doctor. Unexpectedly the doctor was prepared and much more powerful. Escaping the lair broken and bleeding Azazel had to know the source of this mans power. Following the doctor Azazel learned that he had augmented himself with nanobots. Once again sneaking into the doctors lair Azazel stole a vial of the nanobots and injected himself with the substance. Though not exactly the type Dr.Faust uses they still gave him amazing abilities. Azazel has been testing and learning his powers on lesser villains preparing for his fight with Dr.Faust. 

11 years ago

So... power type = Science, Magic or Mutation? Because that has quite a lot on each category.

11 years ago

How about ambiguous? I think we talked about this exact thing earlier.  :p

11 years ago

Is he suppose to be Doctor Faust's nemesis?

11 years ago

Yes, yes he is. Also there seems to be a lack of good guys.

11 years ago

Character Name: Markel Titan

Power Type: Science

Power: "Kinetic Energy Enhanced Boots and Gloves". Basically, pure white gloves and boots that allow him to enhance his punches and kicks (and jump/steps), with additionally kinetic energy, to allow him to do them much more effectively. With these, his punches and kicks become explosive (with power, there's no fire or anything), and he is able to jump up to three stories high and run significantly faster than normal. The boots and gloves can also negate kinetic energy, allow him to fall from extremely high up and be uninjured, and to stop incredibly powerful punches (or even cars/trains), by simply touching them with his gloves (or boots, but that's much harder to do). The gloves & boots are another invention of Liam Grator's father, however Markel has no knowledge of Liam or his father, other than Liam's father's name.

Age: 18 (I know you don't want them to be that young, but I felt it matched the character more)

Biography: From a young age Markel felt powerless. Powerless to stop his father from leaving him, powerless to stop his mother from constantly crying or temporarily running away from their small apartment. At the young age of 12, his mother died right in front of him, again he was powerless to stop the thief who shot her when she attempted to resist. As a result of her dying, Markel was sent to an orphanage.

There, Markel had to deal with the older children's insensitivity to his past, and their physical bullying. Markel was never that strong, and he thought for certain this would always be true. Unable to take it anymore, Markel ran away from the orphanage at 16, and began to live on the streets. He lived there for about a year, until one night when he camped inside of an old, seemingly abandoned warehouse. In the basement of the warehouse, inside a small box, he found the gloves and boots, marked as the property of Liam's father.

From then on, Markel no longer felt powerless. He no longer had to cower and simply accept what was happening to him. He began to take things from others, so that they could feel the way he had before. He began murdering those who had wronged him in the past, and even those who had simply done nothing to help him. After a year or so, he decided he would do all he could to take power away from everyone else, and to have complete control over everyone.

Currently he is looking for someone to help him achieve this goal, as alone he realizes he lacks the tools to accomplish it. However he trusts no one, and as such any alliance would be temporary and flimsy at best.

Alliance - Evil

11 years ago

Okay, I've noticed that some of you did not state whether your character is good, neutral or evil. Can you guys post your character's morality? I need it to select which to choose from.

11 years ago

Jack ford is neutral. He does good, but for his own gain, and could also end up doing bad for his own gain.

11 years ago

The ISIS unit (still trying to come up with a shitty acronym for it) is generally good, since violence is equivalent to putting the protectee in harm's way.

11 years ago

11 years ago

Quick little update.

Exam is to be over soon though I dread to see the result... seriously afraid but I will be able to concentrate on this soon.

I have already begun checking out the submitted character and will be starting a thread that will tell who's character is in and for updates on the story itself.

I will be working on this more than usual though it will still be slow as I have promised to help another person already.