Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Well it's doomsday and nothing happened.

11 years ago

All that doomsday prepping for nothing, it's Y2K all over again!

Still, it was interesting to find out about the real life Fallout "Vault Tec" company.

http://www.terravivos.com/

$50,000 is a bit out of my price range though, so I've just decided to become a ghoul.

11 years ago

Dammit! I was like... Yey! Doomsday! Now I don't have to do my Christmas shopping! ... Guess I should rush to the nearest corner store and get discount toilet fresheners all round! cheeky

11 years ago

the reason why people treat doomsday lightly is because they dont fear death that much.

11 years ago

... Or because nobody believes it's really doomsday. One or the other cheeky

11 years ago

dosent matter if you believe it or not.Theres always that fear that everyones just gonna die today.

11 years ago

Ummm, no. If you don't believe that it's doomsday you're not gonna be scared that everyone's gonna die on that doomsday, it's not exactly a hard concept to grasp :P.

11 years ago

unless you're scared everyone will suddenly die every day... But then you'd be probably be pretty angsty.

11 years ago

Sorry blob, gotta agree with these guys on this one, if I genuinely believed the world was gonna end today and everybody was gonna die I'd be scared shitless cheeky

11 years ago

I found it hilarious that some people in France were actually waiting for a spaceship to save them.

11 years ago

What cracks me up about Doomsday folks, is that they're just as ready to re-schedule their Doomsday as they are to believe so strongly about it in the first place.

"Hmm... we must have miscalculated something (because lord knows the only way to explain us being wrong is to introduce some mind boggling mathematics formula that only we're intelligent enough to understand - and surly we can be forgiving for making the slightest of errors in it - 'cause it's so gosh darn complicated, that it would give Einstein autism just to look at...)" 

"So, how's next year sound?"

"Yeah, my calendar is open."

"Good, let's do it then."

"Sounds like a plan."

* in unison - "OH MY GOD! THE WORLD IS GOING TO END IN JUST 365 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!"

11 years ago

I feel that Doomsday predictions are excuses for people to abandon their obligations. How many people left their homes, claiming that they wanted to "live" before doomsday? Multiple, I'd assume. It's the fact that claiming that everyone will die gives them the moral stance that they can enjoy their lives, since it would be gone in the following year.

11 years ago

Really? I thought nobody actually believed it cheeky

11 years ago

* hides - "Welcome Elvis Mothership" sign behind back...

;)

11 years ago

Well i was at the bank today and i got to see this(edit:made me feel old) much younger couple walk in and pull out all their money then drive away all while muttering how they don't want to die or something like that. 

It was rather entertaining to watch.

11 years ago

Maybe they were taking out ransom money for an upcoming drop and were worried about it going badly. You never know...

11 years ago

Man i was ready to fight some zombies.

11 years ago

Those bunkers seem cheaper than normal homes.

Everyone should move underground!

11 years ago

lets all rent a community shelter like in Ground Zero xD.

(@below comment: those dogs will be more prepared than most of humanity, now thats something to think about!)

11 years ago

Yeah! Dig, dig dig....Even the dogs are helping! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2i_DcmECh4

11 years ago

There's a group in the US called 'end of time ministries' or something like that. Guy in charge predicted the end of the world, and took donations to help spread the word. It didn't happen, so he 're-evaluated' and picked a new date. More donations. Didn't happen, so he joined in on the 21st of December date. It still didn't happen.

He apologized and said he would no longer try and work out when the end of the world would happen. However, he made something like 90 million dollars in donations before 'retiring' from it!

11 years ago

So he was playing like the "Duke and the King"? To bad he didn't get tarred and feathered.