Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Inspirational

11 years ago

I highly suggest you take a little time out of your day to watch this video. It is one of the most emotional videos I have ever seen.

Inspirational

11 years ago

I ended up watching  this without sound because I wasn't sure what it would be like and I didn't want to disturb anyone who lives with me.

At first it looked dumb, I'll admit, because I had no context, but then I found myself getting completely mesmerized.  I'll have to go back later and actually watch it with sound.  Though if you let me know if there's anything really offensive/inappropriate in it, that would be handy, since I don't like to get into conflict with the people around me.

Inspirational

11 years ago

This video is entirely safe for work or school there are no bad words in it or sexual pictures.

Inspirational

11 years ago

Wow, you were right.  It really touched home here, and the guy's voice showed that he really felt it, that he really meant what he said.  It was incredibly moving, and honestly, YouTube needs more of this instead of a lot of the really negative and hurtful stuff that is often there.  As someone who was picked on in school and suffers from clinical depression, I found it very beautiful, even if it was sad.

Actually, it brought tears to my eyes.

Where did you originally see this?  I mean, what first brought it to your attention.

Inspirational

11 years ago

I have been bullied most of my school life. I originally saw it in my Media productions class where we are trying to get it on the school wide broadcast. We are still pushing for it. I honestly think this one of the best emotional pulling videos on the internet. I love the project this guy put out. He wrote the poem and spoke it but then asked a community of talented artist to submit 20 sec clips they could produce. He then cut this amazing collaboration into one coherent image.

It truly is a beautiful work and I wish more people would watch and comment on it.  

Inspirational

11 years ago

Damn, this is emotional.

I hate bullies.

Inspirational

11 years ago

It's hard for me to even remember the last time I was a subject of apathy, but I've never been the subject of genuine companionship for long, either.  A lot of us who aren't bullied/bullies are just hanging in the middle, and there's more than enough of us to do something.  I guess I'm one of the few people that do bother with things like this, mainly because I know things like the ones portrayed in the video are "not supposed to be bothered with", or at least that's what my peers beg me.  I was beginning to stop trying to help, and almost began trying to hurt, but watching this video brought me back.  Thank you, to the maker of this video, and the ones who are still willing to heal the hurt.

Inspirational

11 years ago

The temptations to hurt others is there, but in the long run, it really doesn't do anyone any good.  And it's hard to keep caring about things in the world when a lot of people seem so determined to make others miserable.  But, I'm glad that you could still see the goodness of the video and hopefully apply it in your life.

Inspirational

11 years ago

This is just...words can't describe how beautiful this clip was.

Inspirational

11 years ago

This is the story of a bully-victim-turned-bully-fighter-slash-bully-victim-defender:

I was somewhat bullied and left alone before,I don't want to dwell on that though. But my mom always, always remind me that I can fight back.

There's this bully way back in highschool. He was bullying all of our classmates. One somewhat historic day, he found his match. I was transferred to this section [FYI here in the Philippines, we have this "blocked section" wherein your classmates for one subject are the same ones for others. Sucks, right?]

So going back to the story...

He started bullying me too, since i'm the "new kid in town". Thank goodness, I was waaaay smarter than him [not kidding], so I can always fight him back. Whenever he pick on others, I defend the victims. Until he stopped picking on me. Until he stopped bullying others in front of me. And, until he entirely gave up on bullying.

Part of me thinks that it's because we already grew up and matured somehow. But part of me also believes that once a person knows someone could fight against him, eventually he'll stop.

I just shared this story for people to know that one may spiral down to depression and abandonment and hopelessness, but he may find his way to rise again, and little by little, he heals himself.

Inspirational

11 years ago

I'm currently 17 this year and have been bullied at least half, if not more, of my life and I have to say that this video is really amazing! It really makes me feel... anger for those bastard who made me suffered! I really wish to see them dead! To see them gone from the face of the world!

At the same time, it also feels nice to know that I am not alone though. I hate bullies and worse still, half my class is made up of enemies that either picked on me before, called me names before or tried, TRIED, to blatantly steal my stuff before. They're the worse type of person ever!

I've tried to fight back, tried to get help but apparently teachers are retarded! BLIND and Freaking Deaf! Worse still, they seem to be afraid of dishing out punishment... I've seen classmates who fool around in class and got off scot-free.

Inspirational

11 years ago

Well, I'm 33 years old, so I was in high school quite a while ago.  But I've observed, over the years, that because a lot of parents are now afraid to punish their children, and teachers are more restricted, that a lot of kids have little respect for others.  This seems to increase over time.  While I still stand firm that child abuse is absolutely wrong, parents have to use discipline or else their children will suffer, or cause suffering to others.

Inspirational

11 years ago

Agreed.^

Inspirational

11 years ago

Reminds me of punishments during....

the OLD DAYS:

"Face the wall!"

"No playing outside the whole afternoon!"

"Stay in your bedroom!"

"Curfew: 10PM"

the NOW:

"You won't get your iPad/iPhone/tablet/ other high-end gadgets from me until you learn your lesson."

"Get your ass up and play outside."

Inspirational

11 years ago

I feel the same way but you got to realize wishing others pain makes you know better then them. You have to rise above the names and the tormentors. 

Inspirational

11 years ago

I assume you mean "no better than them" but yeah, I do know that however I dislike the fact that some people gets to get off scot free after tormenting other people and so, I most likely will not change my stance on this.

I like to think that they will pay for what they did even if it seems wrong to other people. Why must it be us that suffers and they who get off that easily? There should be some form of justice served.

Inspirational

11 years ago

Wow. Really cool video, definitely touched home here, seeing as I'm an ex-bullied studied (member of the graduating class of "we made it") looking to become a teacher.

Watching this should be mandatory. Very powerful clip.

Inspirational

11 years ago

This made me cry. crying

Inspirational

11 years ago

Then you need to share this w/your peeps.

Inspirational

11 years ago

Then you need to share it. Show it to as many people as possible and spread the message.

Inspirational

11 years ago

Thinking about it, it should be as popular as Kony (even moreso), but there is no reason for any criticism.

It's a morally right thing to do, and all it takes is just a person's will to spread this vid around.  :D

Inspirational

11 years ago

This video really makes me feel bad that I used to be one of those kids who bullies others. It makes me feel really, really bad. It makes me want to sincerely apologize to any kid I've ever called a name, and I will. Thanks for sharing this, I'll try to spread it. 

Inspirational

11 years ago

Anyone else here hasn't seen it yet?

Inspirational

11 years ago

That video was great.  Reminded me of "The Best of Times" by Sage Francis a little bit.

I was bullied when I was in elementary school, not too fun.  Lots of people go through it, but as far as getting even or whatever... I dunno if I mentioned this before on a similar topic, haha, I used to draw pictures in class of me impaling the dude with a bayonet and with bullets spraying out the back of him.  The thought made me morbidly happy, but all in all I wasn't a violent kid really and I subscribed to the "don't throw the first punch" ideology.  That lead to another year or two of this stuff, and I remember things getting a bit more heated in the 5th and 6th grades a couple times where I hit em or he punched or something, but it was always stopped immediately -- which!  I think is kinda bullshit, because if they saw me getting bullied and chose not to act until it got physical, I think they all ought to go fuck themselves. haha  But in the end, we all grew up.  The guy who messed with me used to actually be my best friend until he started all that, and now we don't talk at all obviously, but we never had any problems later in school really, just kept to ourselves with our own groups of friends, but I like to think he knows what he did or he remembers and isn't too proud.  Anyway, the point is haha, I'm not at all against violence toward bullies (among other kids, that is) because I know what that's like, but honestly, I don't regret not fighting that kid.  He deserved more than he got from me, but his dad was a piece of garbage and he got much more than he deserved from him.. so, I dunno.  Interesting to look back on, I think I turned out alright haha

Inspirational

11 years ago

It shows the difference between fighting the bully out of defense and out of revenge.

Inspirational

11 years ago

I have seen this video once before, and both times it made me cry. I am a girl who grew up being bullied. The girl who would walk around the halls with her head down, hoping nobody but her 2 friends would notice her. I was always get called ugly, and fat. In 6th grade the first week of middle school. I was walking to class and I hear this girl tell me "Oh there she is, ugly as ever." When I got my very first boyfriend I heard a group of girls say "Who would ever want to go out with her?" I did make a few really good friends that would always tell me that people are stupid, that I'm a great person. but I had this idea molded into my mind that I will never be pretty. Now matter what the scale says I will always be fat. I got an amazing boyfriend right now who constantly tells me I'm not. But, it doesn't have any effect on the years and years of torment that is still going. The harsh words always have a more extreme effect then the good ones. I have starved myself time and time again, only to not see any change. 

There are still those days that I come home from school a wreck because I want to be pretty like every other teenage girl wants to be, but I never feel that way.

Inspirational

11 years ago

Well, think of it this way:

At least you're not anorexic.  :)  Besides, taking too much time to look good labels them as vain attention-wh(you know the rest)s.

Also, you won't starve as quickly should some crap hits the fan XD

I dunno if you even want this reassurance, but take it anyways.  Be glad that if you get hit by a car, your bones won't snap like sticks.

One time, I was at my church, and I saw a girl about my age wearing a thick layer of make-up on her face.  Now, a church isn't a place to judge on appearances, but for the life of me, I don't know why some people do that.  Make-up during an interview, make-up on a casual birthday party, make-up everywhere.  It's disgusting!  Oh well, can't judge others without being judged myself ^-^.

Inspirational

11 years ago

I am sure you are beautful and dont let anyone else ever change that opionion of yourself.

I can't say it will get better. It did for me but I know that is not the same for everyone. All I can advise you to do is get a good group of friends who are like you and stick together. I find people don't make fun of groups as much as the do indviduals.

Inspirational

11 years ago

I had that feeling before. But I got over it. I'm still fat, but I just don't care. At least I buy my own food and is not dependent on anyone.

We have our own strengths and weaknesses. Focus on your "plus-sides". :D

Inspirational

11 years ago

Thank you guys, you guys are awesome