Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Stories for smart 5 yr olds?

4 years ago

Are there any stories here that you'd recommend for a smart 5.5 year old girl who can read quite well, even if I have to read it with her?  Or if you can recommend another source? I think she'd really love the choose your next step part.

4 years ago
Definitely check out The Butter Bear! It's happy and wholesome, she'll love it!

Miracle and the Christmas Kitten is, as the name suggest, set on Christmas. But even so, it should still be an enjoyable story all year round.

Imagination is, believe it or not, a children's story from EndMaster. It's the longest one out of the three, but if your daughter's really such a smart 5 year old, then I'm sure she won't find it too complicated.

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there's a few more I missed. Not many, though. Perhaps, if you have the the time and the skill, you could write some children's stories yourself? :)

4 years ago
I forgot about the kitten one. Yes, that one's very sweet. One might even say saccharine. But there's not a whole lot of choices in that one, it's pretty short.

4 years ago

4 years ago
Uh, maybe the Butter Bear?

Not a lot of children's stories around here, or at least not for kids that young.

Maaaybe Inepta Academy, but that might just be too much text.

Or if you would like to teach your five year old to play poker, there's always Cows vs Aliens which is pretty fun and has a storyline to it too.

I'm thinking I might try to put out a couple of small children's games over the next week, since we seem to be having a few people asking for them recently what with the end of the world and all.

4 years ago

4 years ago
I think I blocked that Lilly of the Forest one from my memory after so many times having to delete all the spam the classrooms would leave.

4 years ago

Thanks so much for all the replies!  I'll give feedback as we pick each one of them off!

3 years ago
@MalcolmHfx Audible has several audiobooks for kids up for free right now if you want to give them a look.

3 years ago

Elvis At The Beauty Contest I just released a children's game yesterday. BIG THANKS MIZAL FOR HER EDITION